WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you have insurance on your home?
  • 26.3% - I don’t, but the owner probably does. 347
  • 11.5% - I do, but only the minimum required. If I could have less, I would. 152
  • 42.7% - I have a bunch, but only where it’s logical. Like, I live on a hill, so I don’t have flood insurance, for example. 564
  • 19.5% - I am insured for everything. Everything. If alien wasps turn my house into a hovercraft, I’m STILL getting paid. 258
1321 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

btpaschke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btpaschke

One point about the first option: if you are renting (or squatting or whatever), you should still carry renter's insurance. Your landlord (unless you're living with your parents) insures the building and carries liability insurance on the premises, but you should still carry renter's insurance because YOUR STUFF ISN'T COVERED, just his building and grounds.

crystalrose629

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crystalrose629

Is homewoot going to offer insurance?

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

I have one of those umbrella packages that extends beyond the home and auto coverage. About the only thing not covered is the insurance company failing...

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Where's the, "None at all; I live my life like a naked pauper, because I spent all my money at woot!" option? :-P

Seriously, by the time you have "updated" an old house to be "insurable", you don't *need* insurance. Also, read your policies; most insurance companies won't cover "acts of war" or "zombie apocalypse", so you're SOL after the Solstice, as no matter what happens, they'll claim it was an "act of God" predicted by the Mayans. :-P

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Have insurance but the deductible is so high it only pays to file a claim if you have a severe loss.

Symbolic2007

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Symbolic2007

Shoot, we had some very minor hail damage recently and my insurance gave me a whole new roof & gutters, paid to have most of the house painted, deck stained, and window sill replaced. It was ridiculous.

Metal is awesome, it's super-powerful and emotional, but at the end of the day we're dudes with long hair and guitars going "RAAAAAR!" -Devin Townsend

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
Symbolic2007 wrote:Shoot, we had some very minor hail damage recently and my insurance gave me a whole new roof & gutters, paid to have most of the house painted, deck stained, and window sill replaced. It was ridiculous.

Who is your insurance company?