4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Wow, that is one expensive flat iron. It has a clutch, too, so I guess you need to know how to drive one of these things, too. I wonder if the DMV has classes to help one learn to use the clutch in this thing?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PAY ATTENTION TO SHIPPING!!!

Note that if you want it in time for Christmas, you must choose

TWO-DAY SHIPPING

NOTE: Not available to all areas and/or orders. Our system checks with FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) and if the order can't be fulfilled in time, the expedited shipping is denied. Sorry.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

I know flat irons are quite popular. How's this one look compared to others? The brand?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

traurigaugen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages traurigaugen

GHD is better known than CHI in the professional world. I was told they're good for longevity.

bytheshore

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bytheshore

I'm guessing this flat iron doesn't have an adjustable temperature control? (because it doesn't even mention what the max temp is?)

KarenMarie

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KarenMarie

GHD are supposed to be one of, if not the, best makers on the planet. My daughter owns the $350 set and with her thick hair, she loves them. I only used them once or twice and had to agree with her.

They are very well made, sturdy but not heavy, quick and high heat, etc. I LOVE that they have a heat cover for the ends. Most companies ignore this feature and irons stay open on the counter when hot. This cover addresses that. And storage bag is really nice.

Note the placement of the controls. Not a problem when turning unit on but presents a chance of burnt fingers when plates are hot... show care.

I see they have contoured plates for gliding instead of floating plates for gliding. I cannot speak to which is better.

I have a 1" and a 2" pairs of a different brand or I would be all over this.

shelleyh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shelleyh
ThunderThighs wrote:I know flat irons are quite popular. How's this one look compared to others? The brand?

My hair stylist uses a ghd flat iron and recommended it to me. I bought one and love it! I use Tigi Catwalk Sleek Mystique flat iron spray and my fairly thick naturally curly/frizzy hair looks like silk.

shelleyh

bytheshore wrote:I'm guessing this flat iron doesn't have an adjustable temperature control? (because it doesn't even mention what the max temp is?)

KarenMarie

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KarenMarie
bytheshore wrote:I'm guessing this flat iron doesn't have an adjustable temperature control? (because it doesn't even mention what the max temp is?)

I checked GHD site for that information. It doesn't mention max temp on any unit I checked. But I did find a site that shows just about every model is 450F

http://tinyurl.com/blbx9d2

shelleyh

The temperature auto adjusts very effectively.

jds4life

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jds4life

Apparently ghd is such a big name in the hair styling world that their products are subject to counterfeits. I previously had purchased one of these for my wife on woot, and it registered as legit, so you shouldn't worry.

clanecks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages clanecks

My notoriously finicky girlfriend approves. So not mentioned is this flat iron's ability to improve household harmony.

I am not responsible for this post.

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Floica has some ever helpful reviews.

xspita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xspita

I own this flat iron, there isn't a temperature control, but it tames my waist length, super thick hair in less than 15 minutes. I paid over double the woot price about a year ago and feel that it is worth every penny.

zenisu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zenisu

Can someone who knows a little more about these things than I do help me out? Just yesterday my wife mentioned that she's looking for a new flat iron. She specifically was looking for a digital ionic ceramic tourmaline flat iron. She has one now that she loves and it's about to give up. The old one is a salon creations and I can't find it online, but it was supposedly a very good one.

Obviously this is not digital and it appears to only do a single very hot temperature. Other than that, how does it stack up? I can't find anywhere that says if it is ionic or tourmaline, or if this doesn't have either of those, does it have a design feature that makes it better and why?

Thanks woot for putting up the item she just specifically asked for!!

Any help?

ki4rxm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ki4rxm
zenisu wrote:Can someone who knows a little more about these things than I do help me out? Just yesterday my wife mentioned that she's looking for a new flat iron. She specifically was looking for a digital ionic ceramic tourmaline flat iron. She has one now that she loves and it's about to give up. The old one is a salon creations and I can't find it online, but it was supposedly a very good one.

Obviously this is not digital and it appears to only do a single very hot temperature. Other than that, how does it stack up? I can't find anywhere that says if it is ionic or tourmaline, or if this doesn't have either of those, does it have a design feature that makes it better and why?

Any help?

GHD irons are great- just look at some of the reviews online. They would be the highest-rated brand if it weren't for their typical price. But the price is usually high due to both their quality and their 2-year warranty.

One thing I would like to know, though, is whether Woot checked with GHD to make sure that they would honor the warranty on irons bought here? When I checked with them about two weeks ago, they said that they WOULD NOT honor the warranty on irons bought on Amazon.com. @ThunderThighs , any idea?

Edit: Here is the email I recieved from GHD customer service:

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, amazon.com is not an authorized retailer of ghd North America products; therefore ghd North America does not warranty the iron. ghd North America’s online authorized retailers are ghdhairusa.com, sephora.com, folica.com, beautyencounter.com, trade secret, sephora, and planet beauty stores. Thank you for your interest in ghd products.

customer service ghd

sgtjunior

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sgtjunior

I'm trying to click on the two day shipping for Xmas and it won't let me???

ThunderThighs

Staff

sgtjunior wrote:I'm trying to click on the two day shipping for Xmas and it won't let me???

I'm sorry. Our system checks with the FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouse nearest you and if it can't fulfill it in time, it won't process expedited shipping. Same for me.

You might try later in the day. Right now, it's a tight window to meet the shipping deadline for two-day which is about 11am Central. Once that passes, it may work since they'll have 24 hours before the next deadline.

No promises but it's worth a try.

anthgothlz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages anthgothlz

My brother's girlfriend used to work a national beauty retailer, and she said these are one of the most-returned flat irons they've ever had. She didn't get into specifics, just that she wouldn't get one if she had a choice.

carazzie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carazzie
zenisu wrote:Can someone who knows a little more about these things than I do help me out? Just yesterday my wife mentioned that she's looking for a new flat iron. She specifically was looking for a digital ionic ceramic tourmaline flat iron. She has one now that she loves and it's about to give up. The old one is a salon creations and I can't find it online, but it was supposedly a very good one.

Any help?

Oh be careful - if she wants something specific and you get her something other than what she wants, won't do you any favors! You're taking a chance on something that is (to us) very important! If she doesn't like it, she'll just go out and buy the one she wants!

tapntoes4life

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tapntoes4life

thanks for that info...good to know these things

allastorm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages allastorm

Im really on the fence with this one. I need to replace my flat iron. I have a chi knock off that I got at sally beauty about 5 years ago, and it works OK, but I feel like the results don't last. This one looks cute, is the price is right! Im just debating if this is something I NEED or something I WANT... the no-heat adjuster is one problem for me. I use my current on on max heat, but who knows if it really get as hot as it says.

Can anyone confirm on the warranty of this?

Also (silly question) how is the wire on this? Is it very thick? I ask because I have a cat that is very bad, and if I leave this out just one time he will chomp on the wire. My current one has a thick wire, so he has never done any damage to it.

ki4rxm

Ditto for me, I'm hoping to get in before the cutoff for 2-day shipping, but I need to know about the warranty. If the warranty is void for Woot as well (which I suspect is true), then I can just get the plain black version for about $20 cheaper shipped direct from Amazon.

vipre01

quality posts: 6 Private Messages vipre01

If 100 dollars is a bit outside your price range and you want to give a flat iron as a present you can find a 50 dollar one on Amazon. It's not GHD, but it does have 2,000+ reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/HSI-Styler-Ceramic-Tourmaline-Straightener/dp/B001MA0QY2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355758161&sr=8-1&keywords=flat+iron

allastorm

Im gonna do it. I've been wanting to buy a chi and thats $120... so why not? I still want confirmation on the warranty though. Woot does say 2 year warranty, and as far as I know they wouldn't be able to advertise that if it was not true.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
allastorm wrote:Im gonna do it. I've been wanting to buy a chi and thats $120... so why not? I still want confirmation on the warranty though. Woot does say 2 year warranty, and as far as I know they wouldn't be able to advertise that if it was not true.

Update: Listen up! We have confirmed that ghd will honor the warranty.

I'm just hanging out, really.

micaelaanna

quality posts: 14 Private Messages micaelaanna

I own the GHD classic and there is no temperature control. It heats up very quick and gets very hot! I love mine and have owned it for 3 years. I am going to buy this one, kind of like buying a new car and upgrading.

micaelaanna

quality posts: 14 Private Messages micaelaanna
ki4rxm wrote:GHD irons are great- just look at some of the reviews online. They would be the highest-rated brand if it weren't for their typical price. But the price is usually high due to both their quality and their 2-year warranty.

One thing I would like to know, though, is whether Woot checked with GHD to make sure that they would honor the warranty on irons bought here? When I checked with them about two weeks ago, they said that they WOULD NOT honor the warranty on irons bought on Amazon.com. @ThunderThighs , any idea?

Edit: Here is the email I recieved from GHD customer service:

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, amazon.com is not an authorized retailer of ghd North America products; therefore ghd North America does not warranty the iron. ghd North America’s online authorized retailers are ghdhairusa.com, sephora.com, folica.com, beautyencounter.com, trade secret, sephora, and planet beauty stores. Thank you for your interest in ghd products.

customer service ghd

A staff member recently posted saying that ghd will honor their warranty. Is this correct?

ki4rxm

micaelaanna wrote:A staff member recently posted saying that ghd will honor their warranty. Is this correct?

If woot says ghd will honor the warranty, I would trust them on that. The email I posted was regarding items sold by Amazon specifically and was received by me last week; I don't know what woot did to get them to honor warranties for items not sold by their typical approved retailers, but they apparently did.

klpete09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klpete09

I have had the same GHD flat iron since 2008 and it was the best $200 I have ever spent. It is sturdy and gets the job done. The only thing I wish it had come with was a carrying case--otherwise, I am 100% satisfied and I would buy this one in a heartbeat if my current one needed to be replaced.
If you're on the fence, buy this or any other GHD flat iron-- it is worth the price.

lovejunkie00

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lovejunkie00

I have this exact item and it's perfect. It seriously heats up before I can even start another task in the bathroom--30 seconds tops. The heat is variable and self -adjusting. With my thick long hair, the very first pass is too gentle, but within seconds, it's hot and ready to go. My fragile haired friends have borrowed it directly before and after me and it fits their hair as well. Somehow. It seems like magic.

allastorm

Just wanted to update in case anyone is silly like me and checks these forums after buying something ^^

Received my flatiron today (faster than I expected, thank you woot!) and I am SO HAPPY with my purchase! The set was very nice and felt like good quality. Plugged it in, nice fancy purpleish light, 30 seconds later it beeped letting me know it was ready. Now, I had my doubts.... Used it on my somewhat curly/wavy frizzy hair and one pass was not enough, but on a second pass it was pin straight. It would take me at least 10-15 minutes on my old flatiron to get hot enough for these results and take at least 20 minutes to do my hair. It took me a whole 5 minutes to straighten my hair (goes a few inches past my shoulders). Time saver!!!! It also was not super hot on each pass through my hair, so I felt like it was healthier for my hair, and made my hair super smooth. I will play around with it later with some of my different flatiron sprays. My only complaint, it occasionally snagged my hair when I was doing the back. Its not a huge deal, I think its because of how the plastic is on the tip.

I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. Thank you woot

essay2u

quality posts: 7 Private Messages essay2u
allastorm wrote:Just wanted to update in case anyone is silly like me and checks these forums after buying something ^^

Received my flatiron today (faster than I expected, thank you woot!) and I am SO HAPPY with my purchase! The set was very nice and felt like good quality. Plugged it in, nice fancy purpleish light, 30 seconds later it beeped letting me know it was ready. Now, I had my doubts.... Used it on my somewhat curly/wavy frizzy hair and one pass was not enough, but on a second pass it was pin straight. It would take me at least 10-15 minutes on my old flatiron to get hot enough for these results and take at least 20 minutes to do my hair. It took me a whole 5 minutes to straighten my hair (goes a few inches past my shoulders). Time saver!!!! It also was not super hot on each pass through my hair, so I felt like it was healthier for my hair, and made my hair super smooth. I will play around with it later with some of my different flatiron sprays. My only complaint, it occasionally snagged my hair when I was doing the back. Its not a huge deal, I think its because of how the plastic is on the tip.

I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. Thank you woot

good to know allastorm. I regretted not getting this when it was offered. somehow my flat iron looked like a cheap piece of crap after reading all the good reviews. I planned to watch the wootoff all day but found that ghd is having a sale online until Jan 1. I got one there for just a little more than the price on woot. can't wait to see how it works!!!