WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

The Power Of Light: Mr. Beams

The dark is scary, and full of monsters. Or alleged monsters, as we live in a society that's all "oh, no, you can't stereotype the beasts in the dark without proof. Innocent till proven guilty, woooo." But we know the truth. If you go long enough without light, something will eat you. Don't get eaten.
Mr. Beams official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Can you find some shining reviews to illuminate our purchase decisions? Don't leave us in the dark!

I'm just hanging out, really.

Nesher

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Nesher

Regarding the Wireless ReadyBright Kits:

Went to the web site, and corresponded with a product rep.

1) The remote/flashlight plugs in to the wall. If the outlet loses power, the remote sends an on signal to the light units, as well as lighting up itself.

2) The light units are battery powered, attached with adhesive pads or screws, no wiring or outlet needed.

3) The devices have DIP switches in them, so you can have more than one set tuned to different frequencies. So for example, I have a garage whose circuit breaker goes out all the time, and I can use one set for that; and another in the house for any whole-house power outages (e.g. bad storm, Freddie Kreuger/Jason VoorHies, etc.)

4) The little red lights on the products are low battery indicators.

anthgothlz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages anthgothlz

I have a couple of motion sensing lights in the house - not this brand. I like them - very handy.

These are $24 on Amazon in white for a two pack (shipped free with Amazon Prime).

They're $23 here shipped with standard shipping.

Difference is if you don't want them for some reason, you can actually return them to Amazon. Can't do that here.

cricky101

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cricky101

I bought a pack of the cabinet lights last time they were offered and have been happy with them.

One is in the pantry and another is in a low cabinet. The motion sensor part works fine and turns the light on when the door is opened and they illuminate the space nicely. The sticky pads that came with them to affix them to the wall have held too.

miniskunk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk

I have the LED step light. I use it in my bathroom. I am a day sleeper so I black out the window in that room like my bedroom to avoid being disturbed by bright daylight. It is quite bright and lights the small space very well but not so bright that it wakes me up like flipping the lights on would. You can definitely see what you are doing. Batteries last me about a year with about 5-6 activations per day on the longest timer setting.

hvac1000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hvac1000
miniskunk wrote:I have the LED step light. I use it in my bathroom. I am a day sleeper so I black out the window in that room like my bedroom to avoid being disturbed by bright daylight. It is quite bright and lights the small space very well but not so bright that it wakes me up like flipping the lights on would. You can definitely see what you are doing. Batteries last me about a year with about 5-6 activations per day on the longest timer setting.

Is it really true that you have to have mother dirt/earth from the country you were born in placed in the coffin you sleep in during the day for your survival as a vampire or is that just an old wifes tale? Do Vampires celebrate Christmas or do you celebrate X-Mass? Thanking you in advance for your quality answer since inquiring minds really want to know and have a wonderful holiday.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 504 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

hvac1000 wrote:Is it really true that you have to have mother dirt/earth from the country you were born in placed in the coffin you sleep in during the day for your survival as a vampire or is that just an old wifes tale? Do Vampires celebrate Christmas or do you celebrate X-Mass? Thanking you in advance for your quality answer since inquiring minds really want to know and have a wonderful holiday.

Being a day sleeper also, I can say that I do celebrate Christmas and that coffin thing? Dang uncomfortable until I bought that bedding on home.woot a while back.

miniskunk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk
hvac1000 wrote:Is it really true that you have to have mother dirt/earth from the country you were born in placed in the coffin you sleep in during the day for your survival as a vampire or is that just an old wifes tale? Do Vampires celebrate Christmas or do you celebrate X-Mass? Thanking you in advance for your quality answer since inquiring minds really want to know and have a wonderful holiday.

Nope not a vampire....just my work schedule dictates when I sleep.