2%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

squatchy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages squatchy

I have the daffodil model of this, it's big, sturdy, and the groove in the outside is handy for catching liquid. Looks pretty good too. I would recommend it.

jelliebaby

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jelliebaby

Grrr...just ordered the 3 piece Core cutting boards but really only needed the larger one, and of course they're in the shipping process. Today's homewoot offer is EXACTLY what I wanted..ratz! Murphy's Law strikes again.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jelliebaby wrote:Grrr...just ordered the 3 piece Core cutting boards but really only needed the larger one, and of course they're in the shipping process. Today's homewoot offer is EXACTLY what I wanted..ratz! Murphy's Law strikes again.

Keep in mind that this is larger than the larges of the 3 boards in Home Plus sale.

This is 20x14.
Largest in that sale is 15x11.5

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

craigf

quality posts: 2 Private Messages craigf

I would not recommend these. We ordered some Core bamboo cutting boards from Woot last month and they're awful. Very cheap, very rough, constantly shedding slivers of bamboo, and just unpleasant to use. For a few more dollars, Bambu makes some really nice bamboo cutting boards.

mrvoodoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrvoodoo
craigf wrote:I would not recommend these. We ordered some Core bamboo cutting boards from Woot last month and they're awful. Very cheap, very rough, constantly shedding slivers of bamboo, and just unpleasant to use. For a few more dollars, Bambu makes some really nice bamboo cutting boards.

Same. I ordered the Sunflower one earlier this year, and it fell apart in a few weeks. I have used bamboo cutting boards for years, and I never heavily used it or let it get wet other than wiping it off after use. When I contacted Woot and Core for their warranty, I got an e-mail back from neither company. Since I got it so inexpensive, I didn't make a stink about it, but I definitely wouldn't purchase one again.

imrbilly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imrbilly

not sure about this product, but I did previously ordered that 3 piece core bamboo that you were talking about and it came BROKEN. The wood was very thin. Not risking it again with this brand.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry about the problems some of you are having. You do have a 90-day Core Bamboo warrant so make sure to contact them if you are having issues post sale.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ngaikwan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ngaikwan

Just received the Core 3 piece bamboo cutting board a Woot offer from a couple weeks ago. They definitely seem like 2nds. They need sanding to remove the slivers and smooth the burrs. There's glue globs and a few of the small edge pieces have fallen off. They're pretty thin for a cutting board. For the purpose I got them for they're fine, but I would not feel good giving them as a gift.

djt1976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djt1976
ngaikwan wrote:Just received the Core 3 piece bamboo cutting board a Woot offer from a couple weeks ago. They definitely seem like 2nds. They need sanding to remove the slivers and smooth the burrs. There's glue globs and a few of the small edge pieces have fallen off. They're pretty thin for a cutting board. For the purpose I got them for they're fine, but I would not feel good giving them as a gift.

Yikes...I had thought these looked liked quality items but I will now steer clear of these cutting boards. I am sorry for you bad experiences but greatly appreciate the feedback protecting the rest of the community.

flyrodder68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flyrodder68

Bought 3 of Core bamboo cutting boards before and never again. 2 out of 3 didn't even make it in the delivery process and cracked. The one that made it only lasted a couple of weeks. Avoid Core bamboo cutting boards! They are cheap for a reason. Never again!

wootatoottoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootatoottoot

Bought a couple an age ago....not bad but not great....I oil mine periodically and they have not degraded at all....shame that the quality was not top notch in the beginning. Of course past performance is no garauntee!

djssnowgod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djssnowgod

If I were you I would avoid them like the plague. I bought a 3 piece last time and two of them are already separating where the glue let go

runswithsizzers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages runswithsizzers
djssnowgod wrote:If I were you I would avoid them like the plague. I bought a 3 piece last time and two of them are already separating where the glue let go

These look like great boards ata great price.
I did research and these are a great deal.
Just bot peony one.

whynotus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whynotus
runswithsizzers wrote:These look like great boards ata great price.
I did research and these are a great deal.
Just bot peony one.

Did your research include reading this full comments thread? Almost everyone who claims to have bought one had bad to mediocre things to say about it...

devlosirrus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages devlosirrus

I bought a large Core bamboo cutting board in a previous woot a few months ago. So far, it's been an excellent board. It's thick, heavy, and durable, and I've yet to have any problems with slivers or burs. I just make sure to wash it after use and towel-dry, rather than air-dry. Personally, I'm quite satisfied.

runswithsizzers

whynotus wrote:Did your research include reading this full comments thread? Almost everyone who claims to have bought one had bad to mediocre things to say about it...

runswithsizzers

runswithsizzers wrote:

What do you expect for $13.00? Check
Amazon for the large boards....

prissyrabbit

quality posts: 4 Private Messages prissyrabbit

Oh great. I bought these the last time they offered them and they are all now wrapped and under the Christmas tree. Hopes my gift receivers don't have the issues you all are saying you have had!!! Darn!!

prissyrabbit

Just wanted to point out, for those of you who want to take a chance on these, that the "tulip" design is the only one with a handle. I like one of the other designs better, but I like having a handle to grab. When I bought these, I bought 3 different designs so that no on in the family would have the same thing. If I was going to buy one for myself, I would get the one with a handle.

eadoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eadoll

Really appreciate all the advice everyone. Had The credit card out on this one....went right back in after reading.

italia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages italia

Where are the boards made? Please, woot, include this information with products...

unorthydox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages unorthydox

I have the Tulip, and have had no issues with it. It is a light board, and somewhat thin, but the price is really good.

I must admit I haven't used it much since I got the Totally Bamboo Big Kahuna. (aka: the Truckstopper. It's big).

rangerme1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rangerme1
mrvoodoo wrote:Same. I ordered the Sunflower one earlier this year, and it fell apart in a few weeks. I have used bamboo cutting boards for years, and I never heavily used it or let it get wet other than wiping it off after use. When I contacted Woot and Core for their warranty, I got an e-mail back from neither company. Since I got it so inexpensive, I didn't make a stink about it, but I definitely wouldn't purchase one again.

I have had the opposite experience. I have a Daffodil and I love it. I am just about to order a couple more for some family members who need one. I've never hit it with a sledge hammer or anything but I do a lot of meat work and some vegetable cutting and it works great.

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

I own the Tulip cutting board and have no complaints. I oiled it as soon as it arrived and continue to oil it after every couple uses and I've had no breaking or separation. For those of you worried about it being thin, don't. Mine is at least half an inch thick. If you need anything thicker than that, you're probably looking for a chopping block, not a standard cutting board.

It's a nice, solid cutting board. Maybe I was just lucky with the one I got, but I love it.

cnicolsen

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cnicolsen

Well, for those of you who have purchased one and are now panicking, take a deep breath. I bought a Peony the last time they were here (a year ago?), and I've used it at least 3 or 4 times every week since I bought it. Zero issues. I love it. No, it doesn't have a polished smooth surface, but mine absolutely didn't need sanding. While it's certainly not a thick, heavy cutting board, neither is it thin or flimsy. I'd call it "just right". I have another very solid, thick, maple-walnut board, and I don't use it anymore because it's so much heavier to drag out than the Core board. I scrub it after every use with hot soapy water and a scrubby pad, towel dry it, and toss it in the cabinet. Love mine. As always, ymmv. ;)

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
ngaikwan wrote:Just received the Core 3 piece bamboo cutting board a Woot offer from a couple weeks ago. They definitely seem like 2nds. They need sanding to remove the slivers and smooth the burrs. There's glue globs and a few of the small edge pieces have fallen off.

Hmmmm, that raises a question: does woot sell factory seconds/blemished/ding-n-dent goods? If so are they marked as so in the description? Technically they'd be 'new' from the factory, but wouldn't meet standard factory, um, standards.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

yunyun3388

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yunyun3388

Most of the comments seem to be describing the three-piece set available here. Those are definitely a thinner set - I ordered it a month ago and it came with the medium and large board cracked from shipping. Core Bamboo sent me replacements as soon as I contacted them about it. I've only used the small board once so far.

I've had one of these larger boards, the Daffodil style, for several months. I use it once or twice a week and it serves me well - it's just unwieldy because it's bigger than my sink, so a pain to wash, which is why I ordered the three-piece set. It's significantly thicker and sturdier than the three-piece set. It seems to be holding up well for me and I don't treat it with mineral oil or anything.

oohlookasquirrel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oohlookasquirrel

I bought some of these years ago and they have been great to me! I don't understand what people are talking about with the falling apart and the flaking. I do reseason (oil) mine occasionally (as one should do with all wooden cutting boards), and I never put them in the dishwasher or soak them. Perhaps they work fine for some but do not stand up to HARD USE as well? I'm tempted to buy some more, because apparently I'm the only one who likes them.

shadow7118

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadow7118
prissyrabbit wrote:Oh great. I bought these the last time they offered them and they are all now wrapped and under the Christmas tree. Hopes my gift receivers don't have the issues you all are saying you have had!!! Darn!!

Like you,
I bought 2 on April 3, 2012

Style: Peony
$9.99
Condition: New

Style: Sunflower
$9.99
Condition: New

They are wrapped & under the tree.. they look like nice boards and have not warped or cracked just sitting in storage.. based on a few of the most recent reviews, I think they should be okay as long as they have reasonable care.

easyenough

quality posts: 1 Private Messages easyenough

Bought this (peony) as a gift for my girlfriend eight months ago. She uses it daily and loves it. I've used her cutting board recently, and it's still in great shape. While these seem about the right thickness to be a good cutting board, they are definitely not chopping blocks for use with a cleaver either. Besides, you'd want your chopping block to be end grain in any case.

On the other hand, I bought the core 3 boards for myself and they are a different animal altogether. I was disappointed when I got them - I wouldn't call them cutting boards, but I've ended up using them as attractive serving platters for things like cheese and pate that still need a little cutting. While attractive, they are definitely too thin and small for any serious food prep.

dieseldolly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dieseldolly

I've bought 2 sets of the 3 packs for myself and LOVE them. I use them to cut on and on the table for hot pots. I wash them in Dawn dishsoap n water with my dishes n let them air dry. I also bought one of the big ones n will buy another today. LOVE THEM ALL!

dieseldolly

Will they ship in time for Christmas?

ThunderThighs

Staff

dieseldolly wrote:Will they ship in time for Christmas?

You will have to use 1-day shipping if available.

I'm working on chasing someone down to get the tag fixed on the main photo.

FORUM MODERATOR

dieseldolly

ThunderThighs wrote:You will have to use 1-day shipping if available.

I'm working on chasing someone down to get the tag fixed on the main photo.

Thankyou

divad32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages divad32

I bought the daffodil board about a year ago and I love it! It has been the only cutting board I use for the last 7 months. I use it at least 3 or 4 times a week for meat and veggies. I did oil it initially and have kept it oiled and have had zero issues with it.

true559

quality posts: 25 Private Messages true559

According to the description, I could actually save the world by buying this. In the real world, it appears that with no rubber backing, I would be chasing this thing all over my granite counter tops...easy pass.

prissyrabbit

true559 wrote:According to the description, I could actually save the world by buying this. In the real world, it appears that with no rubber backing, I would be chasing this thing all over my granite counter tops...easy pass.

Good point. Again, darn! Didn't think about that. And of course one of the people I bought this for has granite. Well, poop!

corebamboo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages corebamboo
craigf wrote:I would not recommend these. We ordered some Core bamboo cutting boards from Woot last month and they're awful. Very cheap, very rough, constantly shedding slivers of bamboo, and just unpleasant to use. For a few more dollars, Bambu makes some really nice bamboo cutting boards.

We are sorry to hear about the problems you had with your boards. We stand behind our products and we will be happy to replace your defective boards. Please send an email to customerservice@corehome.com

corebamboo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages corebamboo
mrvoodoo wrote:Same. I ordered the Sunflower one earlier this year, and it fell apart in a few weeks. I have used bamboo cutting boards for years, and I never heavily used it or let it get wet other than wiping it off after use. When I contacted Woot and Core for their warranty, I got an e-mail back from neither company. Since I got it so inexpensive, I didn't make a stink about it, but I definitely wouldn't purchase one again.

Here at Core Bamboo we pride ourselves on Customer Service. I am so sorry if no one responded to the problem with you board. If you email customerservice@corehome.com, we will make sure that this problem is resolved.