WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Home Sweet Home

A home is what you make it. Well, not so much. Mostly it's the stuff you fill it with. And if you want people to like it, you should fill it with cool, classy, comfortable stuff. You can tell by the alliteration that I'm right, so go ahead and stock up on these goodies for your home, and impress the Heck out of anyone you manage to lure back.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

A portable fireplace! Has anyone tried one of those before? (Will it make a better s'more than my microwave?)

I'm just hanging out, really.

3z3vh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages 3z3vh
inkycatz wrote:A portable fireplace! Has anyone tried one of those before? (Will it make a better s'more than my microwave?)

It will make pretty terrible s'mores. Gel fuel adds a major chemical taste to anything cooked directly over the flame.

smarttoaster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smarttoaster

I think there's a typo in the model number for the all-glass portable fireplace. Both the all-glass and the one with black/copper finish list the model as "SEI FA5847". From looking on Amazon, the all-glass one should be FA5867.

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon

How expensive/hard is it to change out the 'fuel' on the fireplace?

I once ate a cricket.

RickyEarl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RickyEarl
waacodemon wrote:How expensive/hard is it to change out the 'fuel' on the fireplace?

Is the "gel fuel" for the fireplaces just Sterno or is it something proprietary?

If it's Sterno, changing it is cheap and easy.

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

How much does the psychic recliner charge for telling my future?

fudder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fudder
thumperchick wrote:How much does the psychic recliner charge for telling my future?

Hopefully less than the Geologist will to search you for "ores".

canis39

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canis39

On what planet are the two birds $169.99? Who in the world would buy two decorative birds for $169.99?

john1863

quality posts: 0 Private Messages john1863
RickyEarl wrote:Is the "gel fuel" for the fireplaces just Sterno or is it something proprietary?

If it's Sterno, changing it is cheap and easy.

Seems to be available for about $2.50-$3.00/can on Amazon.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
canis39 wrote:On what planet are the two birds $169.99? Who in the world would buy two decorative birds for $169.99?

I like this bird better, if I'm going to spend that much.

I'm just hanging out, really.

lawson56

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lawson56

Although it states, "Holds 2 cans of FireGlo Gel Fuel", can yoou use any type of gel fuel? Are all gel fuels equal?

omahahaha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omahahaha
lawson56 wrote:Although it states, "Holds 2 cans of FireGlo Gel Fuel", can yoou use any type of gel fuel? Are all gel fuels equal?

I used to have a fondue pot that used the sterno gel fuel and that was an exercise in frustration that I lost. That stuff would not stay lit for more than a minute and I don't live in a drafty cave. Well, not exactly anyway. My point is, I don't know the answer to your question but there is no way I would buy anything that used gel fuel. I'm very happy and not frustrated with my new electric fondue pot!

leefleish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leefleish

Do you not see the glass panels blocking the wind?

omahahaha wrote:I used to have a fondue pot that used the sterno gel fuel and that was an exercise in frustration that I lost. That stuff would not stay lit for more than a minute and I don't live in a drafty cave. Well, not exactly anyway. My point is, I don't know the answer to your question but there is no way I would buy anything that used gel fuel. I'm very happy and not frustrated with my new electric fondue pot!