Staff

Poll: All I want for Christmas is:
  • 25.5% - World Peace. I mean that unironically. 503
  • 33.2% - Quality time with my family. 654
  • 3.2% - The latest and greatest iProduct. 63
  • 32.9% - Money. 649
  • 5.1% - Other (comments, please) 101
1970 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

chretist

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chretist

Time off!

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I'd settle for abolishment of government that steals all my money, but money to pay the thieves is what I need at this point.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

zaneeddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zaneeddy

it to be over.

gibizugbe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gibizugbe

All I want is to be young and healthy again.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Weather proof, good quality bench that I can leave down by the firepit.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

neil1054

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neil1054

To be by myself...no greedy kids...no grouchy wife...just silence and no human contact!

Polly wants a WOOT!!!

Too many woots to list...besides my wife reads the posts & I don't want her to see how much I've really spent.

mellingera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mellingera
chretist wrote:Time off!

Ditto!!!

Bielzebub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bielzebub
chretist wrote:Time off!

I concur. I want time off. And a nap.

monkopotamus9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkopotamus9

Politicians working together to balance the federal budget through compromise, which will point the US towards finical independence.

And for Woot to provide gift cards.

roy1138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roy1138

Toys! Yep, 32 years old and I want "action figures."

ardubu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ardubu

A Time Machine.
Money - you can get that.
Youth - who cares.
Health - go to the future to see what medical science can do.
True adventure.

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

Sheena3745

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Sheena3745

A job.

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
ckeilah wrote:I'd settle for abolishment of government that steals all my money, but money to pay the thieves is what I need at this point.

I will work harder.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

I just want to stop hearing about nothing but christmas...

Christ was Jewish (oh, and a human) and Chanukah is over already!!!!!

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

I do want world peace. But that's not something that will just suddenly show up Xmas morning, so it doesn't make sense to ask for only that. If I only get one wish, then I want something more tangible, that's always the right color and size. Money

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

My school loans so that they can go towards a newish laptop before Windows 7 is no longer an option, and I can pay them off slowly and painfully.

lcermak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lcermak

Your health is your wealth. Mine was stolen 3 and a half years ago. I was 32. I am 35. I want the same precious gift for my birthday when I turn 36, just 4 days after Christmas. Short of a miracle, another year, years and likely a lifetime (which will be shortened) of severe chronic nausea and often intractable pain awaits. For me, my family and my friends who long for the person who once dedicated her life to helping others. Not out of anything but a true love of it. Also loved editing and writing. All I want is me. I do not expect it. I simply desperately need it

gmarietmiller14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmarietmiller14

Really. I just need money.

Zithrob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zithrob
neil1054 wrote:To be by myself...no greedy kids...no grouchy wife...just silence and no human contact!

Just the opposite. To stop feeling grouchy, to stop feeling isolated. We couldn't have kids, and I'd like to finally be at peace with that.

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

I'm a bit saddened that "money" is beating unironic "world peace"

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

andihansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andihansen

I have everything I want and need. Although winning the lottery jackpot and having world peace wouldn't hurt. There's a better chance of winning the lottery. World Peace will never happen as long as there are at least 2 people that disagree. There will always be fighting. It's just man's way. Go ahead and disagree then read this again.

sweetaddietude

olemoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olemoose

I want my country back.

nyjfootball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyjfootball
lcermak wrote:Your health is your wealth. Mine was stolen 3 and a half years ago. I was 32. I am 35. I want the same precious gift for my birthday when I turn 36, just 4 days after Christmas. Short of a miracle, another year, years and likely a lifetime (which will be shortened) of severe chronic nausea and often intractable pain awaits. For me, my family and my friends who long for the person who once dedicated her life to helping others. Not out of anything but a true love of it. Also loved editing and writing. All I want is me. I do not expect it. I simply desperately need it

I also suffer. Health is a gift I have never had. Be truly thankful to be healthy. Take advantage of the good days.

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy
neil1054 wrote:To be by myself...no greedy kids...no grouchy wife...just silence and no human contact!

My husband got your wish. My daughter and I are helping my Mom recover from hip replacement surgery so he is solo for 2 weeks. I can't even wrap my brain around being alone, free, unencombered for 2 whole weeks. My mind boggleth.

ebwright

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebwright

my two front teeth!

rdevous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdevous

All knowing knowledge!

marafish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marafish

to stop hearing about Christmas.

peggybdea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peggybdea

a tardis