WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

The Vacuum Diaries

In space, no one can hear you scream. Space is a vacuum. In a vacuum, no one can smell your filthy mess. So clean your space (not a vacuum) with a Dyson (a vacuum) because you probably don't have the budget to simply eject your filth into outer space (a vacuum). Then settle down, and maybe watch some Jersey Shore (vacuous).
Dyson official site

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ThunderThighs wrote:These things suck! There, beat you to it. Now we can move on to more serious topics. Just how does your dog handle that grooming tool? I'm picturing a pee puddle on the floor.



Sounds like there should be a wet/dry vac in the pile next time...

I'm just hanging out, really.

OoWillz


quality posts: 3 Private Messages OoWillz
inkycatz wrote:Sounds like there should be a wet/dry vac in the pile next time...



I just bought the mattress tool. It appears to be about the same price with shipping at Amazon, but I went with woot! since I bought another item today. (this shipping across sites works! It is all part of woot!'s plan to get me to purchase more)

comma


quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma

I think this would leave my hair all static-y.

andrasko15


quality posts: 1 Private Messages andrasko15

I'm somewhat confused to this model, as the DC41 animal plus does not have the automatically adjusting head on the one that I own. The pink version (dc41 animal plus complete) does.

Also this is a very nice vacuum, you need to be open minded to how it turns etc though.

edit: perhaps I am taking the definition of "self adjusting" incorrectly. I believed that it referred to the fact that when on wood, you don't want the brushes to be spinning, and that the self-adjusting changed that. I now (upon further investigation) believe it is just an increase/decrease in the airflow.

Ed3rd


quality posts: 9 Private Messages Ed3rd

Amazon has the groom tool included in a Groom / Cleanup kit for $34.99 and free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-Groom-Tool-Clean-Kit/dp/B005MAR8RG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1356184979&sr=8-6&keywords=dyson+animal+kit

PS - Don't use Zorb on your pet.



It's a krap! We cannot repel bags of this magnitude!
10/13/06 4/1/07 6/1/07 12/11/08 01/28/10 3/26/10

gypsy56


quality posts: 1 Private Messages gypsy56
Ed3rd wrote:Amazon has the groom tool included in a Groom / Cleanup kit for $34.99 and free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-Groom-Tool-Clean-Kit/dp/B005MAR8RG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1356184979&sr=8-6&keywords=dyson+animal+kit

PS - Don't use Zorb on your pet.



Wow, I'm going to Amazon. Thanks!

Ed3rd


quality posts: 9 Private Messages Ed3rd
gypsy56 wrote:Wow, I'm going to Amazon. Thanks!



I just noticed the Groom Kit does not include the adapter tool.

As far as I can tell, the adapter tool included with the Woot deal just provides a "quick release" as opposed to shoving the tool onto the end of the hose.



It's a krap! We cannot repel bags of this magnitude!
10/13/06 4/1/07 6/1/07 12/11/08 01/28/10 3/26/10

djhunt


quality posts: 3 Private Messages djhunt

My dog attacks the dyson out of fear.
I think actively using it on him would flat line him.

I want One! One What? What you got! it's gone.

redlyn


quality posts: 3 Private Messages redlyn
andrasko15 wrote:I'm somewhat confused to this model, as the DC41 animal plus does not have the automatically adjusting head on the one that I own. The pink version (dc41 animal plus complete) does.

Also this is a very nice vacuum, you need to be open minded to how it turns etc though.

edit: perhaps I am taking the definition of "self adjusting" incorrectly. I believed that it referred to the fact that when on wood, you don't want the brushes to be spinning, and that the self-adjusting changed that. I now (upon further investigation) believe it is just an increase/decrease in the airflow.



I believe the "self-adjusting" refers to adjusting to the height of your carpet.... as shag vs. berber vs. hardwood.