WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Spice Capades

They say Variety is the spice of life, but have you ever tried to make a curry with Variety? Or to dry rub a chicken with Variety? Here's a tip: spice is the spice of life. Stock up and you'll be making foods that are even more delicious than usual.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

“Nobody likes having salt rubbed into their wounds, even if it is the salt of the earth” - Rebecca West.

What about bacon salt though?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Not for nothing, but those flip-top jars with the gaskets sell for a couple bucks empty, and are great for storing fresh ground coffee, etc., so for this price the rub is a nice bonus!

EDIT: Now I see they're plastic, so the repurposing factor isn't nearly as high.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

OK, I fail to see what is "spice" about a cast iron skillet.

But, nevertheless, the skillet is a good one. (I've got 2 with the "!" on the bottom, got 2 more "normal" ones.)

What about some Dutch Ovens with the "!" on them?

steve

turbobeta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages turbobeta
skou wrote:OK, I fail to see what is "spice" about a cast iron skillet.

But, nevertheless, the skillet is a good one. (I've got 2 with the "!" on the bottom, got 2 more "normal" ones.)

steve

I've been waiting for the Woot Skillet for weeks now! Almost missed it, a friend sent me a link at 1am this morning letting me know it was hidden in the "spice" sale. I never would have though to look for it in here.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

He who controls the spice controls the universe!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
skou wrote:OK, I fail to see what is "spice" about a cast iron skillet.

steve

Don't get me wrong, guys. I would be getting MORE 12 inch Lodge "!" skillets, if I didn't already have 2 of the "!" ones, and 2 more plain vanilla Lodge 12 inch skillets, (and another 400 pounds of cast iron cookware.)

If you're a Woot!er, (and have been around since 2004, like me) you NEED these. If for nothing more than bragging rights.

(Amazon, is that check in the mail?) :D

steve