WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Spice Capades

They say Variety is the spice of life, but have you ever tried to make a curry with Variety? Or to dry rub a chicken with Variety? Here's a tip: spice is the spice of life. Stock up and you'll be making foods that are even more delicious than usual.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 926 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

“Nobody likes having salt rubbed into their wounds, even if it is the salt of the earth” - Rebecca West.

What about bacon salt though?

Holiday Returns Policy Check out our new FLASH DEALS
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Not for nothing, but those flip-top jars with the gaskets sell for a couple bucks empty, and are great for storing fresh ground coffee, etc., so for this price the rub is a nice bonus!

EDIT: Now I see they're plastic, so the repurposing factor isn't nearly as high.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

skou

quality posts: 24 Private Messages skou

OK, I fail to see what is "spice" about a cast iron skillet.

But, nevertheless, the skillet is a good one. (I've got 2 with the "!" on the bottom, got 2 more "normal" ones.)

What about some Dutch Ovens with the "!" on them?

steve

turbobeta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages turbobeta
skou wrote:OK, I fail to see what is "spice" about a cast iron skillet.

But, nevertheless, the skillet is a good one. (I've got 2 with the "!" on the bottom, got 2 more "normal" ones.)

steve

I've been waiting for the Woot Skillet for weeks now! Almost missed it, a friend sent me a link at 1am this morning letting me know it was hidden in the "spice" sale. I never would have though to look for it in here.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

He who controls the spice controls the universe!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

skou

quality posts: 24 Private Messages skou
skou wrote:OK, I fail to see what is "spice" about a cast iron skillet.

steve

Don't get me wrong, guys. I would be getting MORE 12 inch Lodge "!" skillets, if I didn't already have 2 of the "!" ones, and 2 more plain vanilla Lodge 12 inch skillets, (and another 400 pounds of cast iron cookware.)

If you're a Woot!er, (and have been around since 2004, like me) you NEED these. If for nothing more than bragging rights.

(Amazon, is that check in the mail?) :D

steve