3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

meandsecoya

quality posts: 11 Private Messages meandsecoya

I bought three of these the last time it was on sale, one for me and two for gifts. I really like it. It doesn't feel like it puts out a lot of air on high, but it definitely gets the job done quickly. The different temp settings are nice when I'm drying my kids' hair. I love that it comes with two attachments since I need both depending on whether I'm straightening my hair or wearing it curly. I think this is a pretty good deal, obviously. :-)

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Is this made bu CON-air? The only good thing about that company is that they are honest about the CON part. Look them up--they also make many other brands that don't work right. It's rare a whole company is bad, but beware, almost all hairdryers are made by them. I have been very happy, for many years, with my non-CON-air blow job though. :-)

edit: Goody hair products appears to be a division of Newell-Rubbermaid. Good company! Great price here.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

jamieinoc

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jamieinoc

This has great reviews on Amazon, and sells for $10 more there as well. 4.5 stars: http://www.amazon.com/Goody-Heat-Smart-Temp-Dryer/dp/B006MRM2P6

psm321

quality posts: 20 Private Messages psm321
jamieinoc wrote:This has great reviews on Amazon, and sells for $10 more there as well. 4.5 stars: http://www.amazon.com/Goody-Heat-Smart-Temp-Dryer/dp/B006MRM2P6

Interesting that they have the "Subscribe & Save" option... are they trying to tell us something about the quality? :-P

kmaglione

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kmaglione
jamieinoc wrote:This has great reviews on Amazon, and sells for $10 more there as well.

Well, $10 more but free shipping, so only $5 more.

In any case, I could use a hair dryer, but they seem to be more interested in buzz words than in creating a good product with this one, so I'll skip it.

Ceramic plates make a difference for flat irons, where it's actually touching your hair. In a blow dryer, though? Complete waste of money.

Ions? Well, they might possibly make a difference, but as far as I've been able to find, there's never been a study to show one way or the other.

Tourmaline, though... complete magical, superstitious nonsense. Pretty nonsense, I suppose. Expensive nonsense, certainly. But nonsense no less.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kmaglione wrote:Well, $10 more but free shipping, so only $5 more.

But then free shipping is unlocked for the rest of the day and there's a WOOT-OFF on woot.com!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kmaglione

ThunderThighs wrote:But then free shipping is unlocked for the rest of the day and there's a WOOT-OFF on woot.com!

Touché.

meandsecoya

kmaglione wrote:Well, $10 more but free shipping, so only $5 more.

In any case, I could use a hair dryer, but they seem to be more interested in buzz words than in creating a good product with this one, so I'll skip it.

Ceramic plates make a difference for flat irons, where it's actually touching your hair. In a blow dryer, though? Complete waste of money.

Ions? Well, they might possibly make a difference, but as far as I've been able to find, there's never been a study to show one way or the other.

Tourmaline, though... complete magical, superstitious nonsense. Pretty nonsense, I suppose. Expensive nonsense, certainly. But nonsense no less.

Just wanted to point out that it is only eligible for free shipping on Amazon if you buy something else with it to bring your total up to $25, so you'll end up spending at least $10 more.

col443

quality posts: 2 Private Messages col443

Bought one of these the last time. Love it. It is so quiet compared to the monster I was using. Does not feel super hot on the high setting but dries my long thick hair very quickly.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Bought this last time. Very pleased with it. Seems to dry pretty quickly, possibly quicker than my old hair dryer. At first, I was like, "hey, I think this doesn't put out as much air as the one we're replacing". Then I tried the old one, the new one, the old one, and then the new one again and I was like, "uhh...well, I guess it's actually putting out MORE air than my old one!" At any rate, it's a nice hair dryer and I'm very pleased to have bought it. Now, it's time for Woot to sell a cheap, tiny, travel hair dryer, 'cause we're thinkin' we need one.

imtigger2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages imtigger2
meandsecoya wrote:Just wanted to point out that it is only eligible for free shipping on Amazon if you buy something else with it to bring your total up to $25, so you'll end up spending at least $10 more.

But you'll also get $10 worth of some product for that "$10 more". It's not like you're just handing them $10 more for the opportunity.

Your friend,

Cap'n Obvious

birdoprey5

quality posts: 11 Private Messages birdoprey5

I bought one of these for my sister last time- she has long hair and is VERY picky about hair-dryers. Her main one cost $200 and she likes it so much she takes it here when she visits. (I have had no need for hair dryers ever in my life.) So I took the chance on $10 to get this one- she tried it and rates it as "barely acceptable" but that is a huge compliment coming from her- she hasn't lugged her hair dryer since.

italia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages italia

where is the goody hair dryer made. Does anyone know??

11dndd11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 11dndd11

If you have an older home with 15 amp electric outlets (not 20 amp), good chance you'll get lights flickering or dimming when operating this.
Just got one not too long ago and gave it away. Wasn't worth re-wiring.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger
italia wrote:where is the goody hair dryer made. Does anyone know??

Wait, you mean there are hair dryers make in some country other than China?

wjkomo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wjkomo
jamieinoc wrote:This has great reviews on Amazon, and sells for $10 more there as well. 4.5 stars: http://www.amazon.com/Goody-Heat-Smart-Temp-Dryer/dp/B006MRM2P6

To be fair, note that MANY of the very positive reviews were from people who were sent free hair dryers from Goody as part of some kind of program where they then are encouraged(required?) to post reviews. That is hardly objective in my opinion.

tomduff87

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomduff87

I got this for my wife the last time it was offered since her old hair dryer was on the way out, and she absolutely loves it. I find the variable heat setting helps her to get her hair more silky smooth. Her old one seemed to just dry her hair out since there was only "low" and "high", but that was fan speed and not heat setting.

Guys, at this price, you can afford to make your lady happy.

fikayo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fikayo
ThunderThighs wrote:But then free shipping is unlocked for the rest of the day and there's a WOOT-OFF on woot.com!

How do I get the free shipping? When I attempt to buy it still states there is a $5 shipping fee.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

Purchased this the last time it was offered and you are just not going to do better for $10 or even $15 if you include shipping. If I see something else here on woot today and I unlock free shipping I may just pick up one more of these. After all, they do stop working in time and it would be nice to have a new one ready to go when that happens. Especially with only $10 in it

fikayo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fikayo
fikayo wrote:How do I get the free shipping? When I attempt to buy it still states there is a $5 shipping fee.

I get it, Free shipping for the rest of the day after the initial $5... DUH!!!

Helenr1966

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Helenr1966
fikayo wrote:How do I get the free shipping? When I attempt to buy it still states there is a $5 shipping fee.

After the first item you buy, other items bought that same day are free shipping.

angelitad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages angelitad

I purchased this during the last woot off for $10 and I've really enjoyed it. I have no problems with lights flickering, even though several of my other home electronics cause flickers with my older house.

It does a good job of quickly drying my super thick and long hair, and the multiple heat settings are nice. The hair dryer is a good weight and doesn't feel cheap (I really thought a $10 hair dryer would be flimsy).

nicoble

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nicoble

bought one last time and I love it - it is not heavy and the variable heat settings work well for the kids - the cool boost button is neat too- it is certainly not the most powerful blower on the market but this is advantage for me as far as noise and weight go. For $15 you can't go wrong- I would buy it again.

melkor09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melkor09

I bought one last time, and it works great. For $15, you really can't beat it. The adjustable heat setting is great, especially for kids. Would definitely buy it again.

meandsecoya

imtigger2 wrote:But you'll also get $10 worth of some product for that "$10 more". It's not like you're just handing them $10 more for the opportunity.

Your friend,

Cap'n Obvious

I didn't say you were. What I said was in order to get free shipping you have to buy something else to bring your total up to $25. If you are only buying a hair dryer, then you aren't going to get free shipping. Nothing's more obvious than that.

Alan69

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Alan69

Got two from woot a while back, another vote for like them.

conand19

quality posts: 4 Private Messages conand19

How is the noise. I'm older and my hearing isn't as good as it used to be, so I'm very protective of my ears. The last time I bought a dryer, it was so noisy, I took it back and bought one that specified "low noise." How noisy would you say this is?

kmaglione

meandsecoya wrote:Just wanted to point out that it is only eligible for free shipping on Amazon if you buy something else with it to bring your total up to $25, so you'll end up spending at least $10 more.

Well, that's true if you don't have Prime, I guess, but that's just crazy talk.

Nikkdawg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nikkdawg

You may be right, but this is one of the best dryers I've ever owned.

RedMWC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RedMWC

So, I bought one.

I am using a 15+ year old hair dryer. This can't be worse than that.

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose

I bought this on the last woot off. I like it a lot. I'm usually in the "a hairdryer's a hairdryer" camp but this one does a better job on my sometimes disobedient hair than the last two I owned and at less than 1/2 the price. My bathroom lights do flicker when I run it, though. Hopefully, that's not a problem. So far (several weeks - three to four times a week) no ill effects.

meandsecoya

kmaglione wrote:Well, that's true if you don't have Prime, I guess, but that's just crazy talk.

I'm too much of a cheapskate to buy Prime. ;-) I've never really looked into it, to be honest, but just figured it wouldn't be worth it for me. Might have to check it out sometime....

charliecarroll

conand19 wrote:How is the noise. I'm older and my hearing isn't as good as it used to be, so I'm very protective of my ears. The last time I bought a dryer, it was so noisy, I took it back and bought one that specified "low noise." How noisy would you say this is?

You will find this one is certainly not as loud as many and I as an owner find it very quite for what it is. Hope that helps.

charliecarroll

Goody Smart Temp 03537 Blow Dryer - Here's how they compare

Today on Woot = $9.99 + $5 shipping
Woot beats next lowest dealer (Amazon) by $9.63

ebay = $32.97 + $8.99 shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Goody-Smart-Temp-03537-Blow-Dryer-NIB-/251181478335?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7b9531bf

Amazon = $19.14 + $5.48 shipping
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006MRM2P6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A1V8UWHPM9WTL4

Folica = $34.99 + Ships Free
http://www.folica.com/tools/hair-dryers/goody-heat-smart-temp-1875-watt-turbo-dryer

**NOTE
All supliers and prices found on a random Google search. Your own random search could find other vendors with differing and/or lower pricing

314edpiper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 314edpiper

WOW! I read some reviews about this blow dryer and let me tell you, if I had hair I would TOTALLY be in for 3!

I would say 'Good day,' but 'SUCK IT" sounds better...

artbabe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbabe

I'm sure it works great...but I was too afraid to try it. When I tested it my bathroom lights dimmed and started flickering. The higher I cranked the heat dial the faster the flicker. I'm in a condo but I've never had this problem with my electricity and my previous dryer. Oh well. guess it will be a late x-mas present for someone.