WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Kitchen Baking

The Holidays are ending. Your family is no longer obligated to pretend to love you, and they're going to leave soon. But you can't go back to the crushing loneliness that was October. You need a way to keep them here, and zip ties and chloroform just sounds like a hassle. The only reasonable solution? Bake. It's a well known fact people can't abandon delicious pastries.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I do love baking - anyone have a review (or preferably first hand experience) on the Sistema 1213 Bakery Set - 9-Piece Set?

I'm just hanging out, really.

wootshoop

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootshoop

The photos of the Sistema 1213 Bakery Set - 9-Piece Set don't seem to be showing the correct pieces. They don't even show the same pieces. I'm guessing that only the photo of the shrink wrapped product shows what is actually listed. What are you selling here?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 502 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wootshoop wrote:The photos of the Sistema 1213 Bakery Set - 9-Piece Set don't seem to be showing the correct pieces. They don't even show the same pieces. I'm guessing that only the photo of the shrink wrapped product shows what is actually listed. What are you selling here?

I see what you mean. I've emailed to get some clarification and fixes.

dave17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dave17

THREE measuring cups?really?Got more than I need now.Amazon has a set by this company with one more actual container for 30 bucks.One review,they love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Sistema-Klip-Shrinkwrapped-Bakery-Set/dp/B005HNXG1K

coreopsis79

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coreopsis79

The Pyrex 12pc storage set is sold out already????? It just got posted! You really need to have more of them in stock!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 502 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

coreopsis79 wrote:The Pyrex 12pc storage set is sold out already????? It just got posted! You really need to have more of them in stock!

Sorry. That was most likely some left over stock from previous sales. It's been offered a couple times before.

zippythelizard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zippythelizard
ThunderThighs wrote:I see what you mean. I've emailed to get some clarification and fixes.

Set includes the following:
1. 1 x 13.7 cup container (holds full 5 lb bag of flour)
2. 1 x 10.2 cup container (holds full bag of grain sugar)
3. 1 x 6.6 cup container (holds full bag of brown sugar/cocoa)
4. 2 x 2.9 cup containers (perfect for sprinkles, etc)
5. 1 x 2.6 cup container split (really the same as above but with split into 2 compartments)
6. 3 measuring cups

thumperchick

quality posts: 207 Private Messages thumperchick

GAH!!! I came here specifically looking for that Pyrex set (the smaller one) and it's sold out again. I keep missing it!
*stomps feet like small child*
But I WAAAAAAANNNNTTT IIITT!

Okay, now that is out of my system, I will return to acting more like a grown up... sometimes.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ThunderThighs wrote:I see what you mean. I've emailed to get some clarification and fixes.

We found out the image in the packaging is correct. If you bought based on a different expectation, as always, we aim to please - feel free to contact support@woot.com so they can fix you up.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Rachel0982

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rachel0982
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry. That was most likely some left over stock from previous sales. It's been offered a couple times before.

And I miss it every darn time!

ceagee

quality posts: 59 Private Messages ceagee
thumperchick wrote:GAH!!! I came here specifically looking for that Pyrex set (the smaller one) and it's sold out again. I keep missing it!
*stomps feet like small child*
But I WAAAAAAANNNNTTT IIITT!

me too. AND I blame it on the Woot Off. I was otherwise distracted. This came and went so fast. **sniff *** sniff ***
and I ordered a different pyrex set a few weeks ago and waited patiently for 2 weeks for it to ship and show up and my door. I finally asked and they said "oops we don't really have any after all. "
and there's a snow storm
and I didn't get a pony for Christmas (again)
my goldfish died. well if I had one it would of died.

I appeal to the supreme woot.
Isn't this enough of a sob story for you to get some more of them ? and call me or email me I'll get right on it ! promise.
I'll even be in for 3. or 1 if that's all you want me to have. just say the word.

shucks. life and woot are so unfair sometimes.

SpeedySloth

quality posts: 5 Private Messages SpeedySloth

Too bad about the Pyrex. I've seen it at least three times before, and resisted the temptation. I am only guessing, but I suspect that a similar Pyrex set will appear soon. Anything that sells well returns to Woot from what I've seen.

About the cooking for myself, I made pie crust last night, and have it sitting in the fridge so that the water can get into the flour, making a flakier pie. There are a couple of dozen apples sitting in my work area, so I can eat an apple as I work, if that's what I want. Best of all, I get to "test" the pie as it cools to make sure that "it's okay to eat." (heh, heh)

After that, it's going to be either homemade marshmallows or homemade caramels. I love making candy, and am always amazed at how much great candy you get for very little effort. I'm not talking about molding chocolate, which I understand is challenging, but making yummy regular candy (like marshmallows or caramels) is pretty easy. If you have a good digital thermometer, 99% of the tough stuff is done.