WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Classy Furnishings: Study Up

The Study. The room of the classy. The dignified. The elegantly pimpin'. Everyone's got a living room, bedroom, bathroom, and a kitchen, but only the truly suave and sophisticated bother with the study. You're truly suave and sophisticated, aren't you? I can tell by the smoking jacket and the cigar. Better stock up on study stuff just in case, though.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Do you have art on your walls? Tell us about it.

I'm just hanging out, really.

zollars23

quality posts: 15 Private Messages zollars23

The chairs are made with "bonded leather". Its basically vinyl with some leather flakes mixed in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonded_leather

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

{img]https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/712b9375-5487-4897-baf4-2212baf8dbca.png[/img]

ptoni7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ptoni7

Aside from price as the main benefit of bonded leather, bonded leather is made up of leather scraps that would otherwise not be used and wasted. Thus for recycling purpose, this is a great use! It affords an almost waste-free yield of nearly 100%.

mandileonberger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandileonberger

What are the measurements of the SEI WS9373 Bijou Wall Sculpture? Maybe I over looked it....

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mandileonberger wrote:What are the measurements of the SEI WS9373 Bijou Wall Sculpture? Maybe I over looked it....

Dimensions: 41.5"W x 2.25"D x 20.75"H (hiding on the specs tab)

I'm just hanging out, really.

gertiestn

quality posts: 53 Private Messages gertiestn

I'm interested in the Spine Book Tower. I tend to whimper & want to hide my eyes, however, when I see the words "assembly required." Has anyone put this baby together? Could a somewhat intelligent doofus do it without excessive grief? And does this ship with tools (a wrench, maybe?), or is the assumption that the purchaser has a tool kit? Thanks.

jlc40

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jlc40

What is the difference between "Bonded Leather Recliner & Ottoman-Taupe" and "Bonded Leather Recliner & Ottoman Taupe"? $10, apparently? :P

jlc40

jlc40 wrote:What is the difference between "Bonded Leather Recliner & Ottoman-Taupe" and "Bonded Leather Recliner & Ottoman Taupe"? $10, apparently? :P

"Brown Bonded Leather Recliner & Ottoman" vs "Bonded Leather Recliner & Ottoman-Brown" is a difference of $50, though. o.O

jlc40

jlc40 wrote:"Brown Bonded Leather Recliner & Ottoman" vs "Bonded Leather Recliner & Ottoman-Brown" is a difference of $50, though. o.O

Och, my bad, looks like they are in fact slightly different. Carry on.

jlhatter

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jlhatter

The bijou wall sculpture is $4 cheaper on amazon with free Prime shipping.

nooks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nooks
ptoni7 wrote:Aside from price as the main benefit of bonded leather, bonded leather is made up of leather scraps that would otherwise not be used and wasted. Thus for recycling purpose, this is a great use! It affords an almost waste-free yield of nearly 100%.

However it doesn't hold up nearly as well as leather.

thespiansmc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thespiansmc
nooks wrote:However it doesn't hold up nearly as well as leather.

depends. it won't give you a 30 year life, like leather does. It sponges clean more readily than leather does (leather being an organic material, it *can* absorb some stains), and it is, because of its nature, dyed all the way through, so scuffs and age cracking do not show the way they will with leather (especially on the taupe. I am trying to rescue a real leather taupe sofa right now; it is 25 years old, and very comfy, but the scuffs are very noticeable, and finding a liquid leather type product to match it is turning out to be a bear).

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr

Fake leather chairs should be much cheaper than this.
Trying to say bonded leather is better because the leather factory can sweep the floor and make a chair out of it is good for the environment is a really weak arguement.

amyrfisher

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amyrfisher
skrutinizr wrote:Fake leather chairs should be much cheaper than this.
Trying to say bonded leather is better because the leather factory can sweep the floor and make a chair out of it is good for the environment is a really weak arguement.

I don't think bonded leather holds up as well as vinyl. My son bought a sofa. Didn't last.