WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Stor-Age of Aquarius

As much of a big deal as people about living in the moment, the reality of the situation is that the moment has a finite amount of space in it. As does your stomach; as far as that delicious food goes, you're going to have to live at least a little bit in the future. And if you want that food to allow you keep living in the future, you should store it properly.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff


inkycatz wrote:How are you storing all your holiday stuff?



spartikus84


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spartikus84

Are the Lock and Locks nestable?

okawesome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages okawesome
spartikus84 wrote:Are the Lock and Locks nestable?



Someone please answer! It's my deciding factor or whether or not to buy.

sayruh62


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sayruh62
spartikus84 wrote:Are the Lock and Locks nestable?



I have this set and no, they're not nestable - if they're the same size, they stack on each other like in the picture even without the lids on. But with the assorted sizes, I was able to store the smaller ones in larger ones to prevent taking up too much room in my cabinets.

SiltLifted


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SiltLifted

I call BS!

"These Lock & Lock containers have passed the KEMTI’s Bending Test"

3M bends would be 50k minutes of bending at 1 per second, 5k bends at 10 per second - 83 hours of bending.

Again I say, BS!

We live, we die, we get judged - which side are you on?

puckbert


quality posts: 1 Private Messages puckbert

cart cart cart. $30.29 on amazern, and discussion threads from september and november.

ceagee


quality posts: 59 Private Messages ceagee

missed the pyrex storage again. there was of course the Br break issue w/ woot off. *sigh* and I always forget about the 9 oclock witching hour for posting new plus items. there are too many things to remember any more. I was so good at the one woot thing............ I'm spinning out of controoollllllllllllllllllll

psst-TT-
can't you just slip me some on the side ? I won't tell !!! just pm me or email me and say hey we put some in your cart go check out now.
and ta da. I will. of course. you'd probably do it and I would be actually doing something other then sitting here online,
so give me a few hours at least to check out , ok ?
what's in it for you, you ask ????
well a cash bribe would only offend you,
how about the glory of knowing you made someone happy ?
oh the 12 pc blue lidded set please. I won't be greedy , but I would take a couple if you can. but one is fine. one is good. thank you .

phishgirl3


quality posts: 1 Private Messages phishgirl3

In for 3 roll-y carts! I got 2 from a Woot-Off in December and have been checking for them to be up again daily. Yayy!

luke975


quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

the k-cup box isnt much of a deal, amazon has it for a similar price.

I always did like yardsales.

vlegran


quality posts: 1 Private Messages vlegran

I store almost everything in glass/ pyrex now. Have thrown out most of my plasticware. I love my snapware glass cannisters too! Have 4 sets for storage. Gave a set for a Christmas present and they love it too!

KevOKC


quality posts: 5 Private Messages KevOKC

GOOD SIZED NICE PLASTIC BOXS WITH HANDLES. I HAVE ALL MY NICE HOLIDAY DECORATIONS STORED AND LABELED IN MY BACK SHED ALL SYAXKED NICE AND NEAT FOR EBERY SEASON. THEU HAVE HELD UP FOR OVER 8 YRARS AND WORK GREAT.

ThunderThighs wrote:



clover122221


quality posts: 0 Private Messages clover122221

the lock and lock set was 20 dollars on 12/18....which is when i bought it.....bleh

Fountain3586


quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586
spartikus84 wrote:Are the Lock and Locks nestable?



I own over 100 pieces of lock and lock. Yes, they are nestable. But, you will still have some pieces out by themselves. I can tell you they are easier to store than most sets.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

Fountain3586


quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586
sayruh62 wrote:I have this set and no, they're not nestable - if they're the same size, they stack on each other like in the picture even without the lids on. But with the assorted sizes, I was able to store the smaller ones in larger ones to prevent taking up too much room in my cabinets.



Nestable means that you can put the smaller ones in the larger ones. I have never heard of nesting storage containers that were the same size and fit into one another, it's just mathematically incorrect.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

CaptainTr1pps


quality posts: 15 Private Messages CaptainTr1pps
Fountain3586 wrote:Nestable means that you can put the smaller ones in the larger ones. I have never heard of nesting storage containers that were the same size and fit into one another, it's just mathematically incorrect.



Well no, nestable with regard to plastic storage containers usually means you can place the same sizes into each other. My Rubbermaid set, for example, all fit into one another. You don't have to ignore physics, they simply have curved sides (so the base is slightly smaller than the top) and a lip around the top, so they can be stacked inside one another minus the lids.

Like so (image borrowed)



The Lock/Stop (sold out anyway) appear to be straight sided, so no, they wouldn't be nestable.

miniaturepeddler


quality posts: 2 Private Messages miniaturepeddler

Amazon warehouse deal on the glass 19 piece set with lids at the Amazon warehouse for $37. If you have prime that would be free shipping, so $3 less than here.

thumperchick


quality posts: 209 Private Messages thumperchick
ceagee wrote:missed the pyrex storage again. there was of course the Br break issue w/ woot off. *sigh* and I always forget about the 9 oclock witching hour for posting new plus items. there are too many things to remember any more. I was so good at the one woot thing............ I'm spinning out of controoollllllllllllllllllll

psst-TT-
can't you just slip me some on the side ? I won't tell !!! just pm me or email me and say hey we put some in your cart go check out now.
and ta da. I will. of course. you'd probably do it and I would be actually doing something other then sitting here online,
so give me a few hours at least to check out , ok ?
what's in it for you, you ask ????
well a cash bribe would only offend you,
how about the glory of knowing you made someone happy ?
oh the 12 pc blue lidded set please. I won't be greedy , but I would take a couple if you can. but one is fine. one is good. thank you .



Hey you! Get in line! I popped in 20min after the sale started and still missed that dang set. I keep trying, but woot doesn't want to sell me that set.

thumperchick


quality posts: 209 Private Messages thumperchick
miniaturepeddler wrote:Amazon warehouse deal on the glass 19 piece set with lids at the Amazon warehouse for $37. If you have prime that would be free shipping, so $3 less than here.



That deal is sold out - the prices are now $51+

ceagee


quality posts: 59 Private Messages ceagee
thumperchick wrote:Hey you! Get in line! I popped in 20min after the sale started and still missed that dang set. I keep trying, but woot doesn't want to sell me that set.



In line ?? In line ?? I have been in line. For months..... oh well.....

It seems like we have been down this wootless road before together

Maybe they don't even really have them.
It's just some flying monkey sick humor.

On the chance that they do, maybe we should work together on this?
At least no sense in we both lose out. Here's my plan I posted last woot off or so ago :
guess I should just post bathroom break ! so everyone will know to stick around the glass storage things are coming up.

TT even posted this icon to use :


so now you know what to look for to find them. Good luck. and pick up an extra set or two for me !

Do you think that will work?

thumperchick


quality posts: 209 Private Messages thumperchick

thumperchick


quality posts: 209 Private Messages thumperchick
ceagee wrote:In line ?? In line ?? I have been in line. For months..... oh well.....



GO!!! Pyrex is a GO on woot.com!

lexydoll


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexydoll

Stackables are great. Bought ribbon and ornament units. Just transferred my Xmas stuff from boxes to my new stackables and they fit great. Love how you can stack 2 or 6. I hope this item comes up again.

bobcarly311


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobcarly311

I purchased this to store my tapes to make hula hoops and the top part was perfect. The bottom part won't snap on easily and is kind of cheaply made. It's alright if you don't stuff too much in there (thats what she said)!