Staff

Poll: What’s your opinion on movers?
  • 38.2% - It saves me a TON of work. 455
  • 51.2% - You misspelled “friends and family” up there. 610
  • 4.8% - I’ve never moved, so I don’t know. 57
  • 2.9% - I just buy new stuff. 34
  • 3% - I am a mover! So I think they’re great! Goooo movers! 36
1192 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Ironically, not as good as the shakers.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
curtisuxor wrote:Ironically, not as good as the shakers.

Bwaahaahaa!!!

Seriously though... You gotta watch who you helps you move. I know plenty of people who have come up short with movers or family helping them move. Funny thing... I've always used friends I trusted, and I've never had anything "lost" during a move... Knock on wood.

JayBofMA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JayBofMA

really? This is he best you can do for poll questions? Obviously, you have never used movers!

mamayo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamayo

I had always been moved by my company, so, yes, I was saved a lot of work several times. Things always went smoothly; no lostitems, breakages were handled properly. However, my last mover was a local mover hired by me for a 10 mi. move. There were breakages (not covered due to deductables) and several lost(?) items.

jamilworm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jamilworm

Why isn't there an answer for not liking movers?

walkaj12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages walkaj12

We only use movers we can pay in beer and pizza/Chinese take out.

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

We've always used family/friends. When we were moving a whopping 760 sq ft house from Nebraska to Utah (approx 800 miles) we were quoted around $11,000 from several companies!!! At that time, our house in Nebraska had only cost us $22,000 to buy! They also said over a week's transit time once they began driving because all of it would go into a storage facility for several days - no real reason as to WHY that would happen.

In the end we just had family drive to Nebraska to help us move back to Utah. One giant U-Haul and one day.

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

fortunately, I have 3 little brothers and a bunch of cousins but, the next time I move, I'm just buying new stuff!

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

DarthTagnan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DarthTagnan

I've been using the same movers for the last 8 years (I've moved 5 times, I rent, don't judge), they are fantastic, inexpensive and I've NEVER had anything broken. They even offer to hook up electronics (nope, I won't let anyone touch my TV/Computer set up).

I will NEVER move myself, again. I like having coffee while pointing where things go.