WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Coffee or Tea (and Mugs)

I'm gonna break the rules here, and the fourth wall, and just be honest with you. I'm a Woot writer, at the end of the week, writing this on a Friday after being up too late the last few nights. I'm beyond tired. All I want is sleep, but I'd settle for death. But in twenty minutes, I'll be fine. Know why? Caffeine. It's the closest thing we have to proof of a loving God.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Time for the coffee vs. tea throwdown, 2013 style. Do you like one or the other, or both?

I'm just hanging out, really.

bigred286

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigred286
inkycatz wrote:Time for the coffee vs. tea throwdown, 2013 style. Do you like one or the other, or both?

BOTH!

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches
inkycatz wrote:Time for the coffee vs. tea throwdown, 2013 style. Do you like one or the other, or both?

Coffee, hot.
Tea, cold (sweet tea, please).

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

Marichele

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Marichele

Are these Cocoa mugs? Cause I'm a cocoa type of gal.

Marichele

Marichele

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Marichele

Is there room for Cocoa?

Marichele

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Just curious: is it just me, or does everyone have a cabinet full of mugs that were either gifts or souvenirs or freebies from conventions/meetings/etc.? Maybe it's kitschy, but I like just having a bunch of non-matching coffee mugs.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

miken927 wrote:Just curious: is it just me, or does everyone have a cabinet full of mugs that were either gifts or souvenirs or freebies from conventions/meetings/etc.? Maybe it's kitschy, but I like just having a bunch of non-matching coffee mugs.

my mother is the same way. (she is, admittedly, the kween of kitsch.) i would be, too, if i had the space.
she once inherited a collection of mugs from every US state. there are many mugs in that house.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

MML666

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MML666

Tea. Only.

MML666

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MML666
miken927 wrote:Just curious: is it just me, or does everyone have a cabinet full of mugs that were either gifts or souvenirs or freebies from conventions/meetings/etc.? Maybe it's kitschy, but I like just having a bunch of non-matching coffee mugs.

I have mugs as part of two sets and some I picked up over the years. I prefer the random mugs and rarely use the ones from the sets. One of my oldest one was from a PC Expo in NYC - it has been with me to college, graduate school and I am still using it.

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

That Capresso kettle is awful. The water has a strong rubber/plastic smell. I've had it for over a year and tried boiling a pot every few days, and it still smells awful. I'm hoping the Breville Crystal Clear comes to Woot some time.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

I have both. Some matching 4-sets, but also some non-matching.

Oh, and I drink both coffee and tea.

jelliebaby

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jelliebaby

Just a reminder (learned the last time the "reactive glaze" mugs were sold. They do not change color when heated. The reaction is part of the glazing process. They are very pretty mugs, though!

Hmm...I'm sure it's not me being a collector it's gotta be that mugs reproduce behind cabinet doors...yeah, that's my story... ;)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jelliebaby wrote:Just a reminder (learned the last time the "reactive glaze" mugs were sold. They do not change color when heated. The reaction is part of the glazing process. They are very pretty mugs, though!

Hmm...I'm sure it's not me being a collector it's gotta be that mugs reproduce behind cabinet doors...yeah, that's my story... ;)

Yeah, we goofed last time on that but we've fixed the sale so it's correct now.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dfunk29

quality posts: 52 Private Messages dfunk29

Where's the cute Cafe' Latte Mug? I like that one!

I have a ton of promo mugs I try to "give away", or stash at peoples houses. I'm sneaky!

shushine999

quality posts: 15 Private Messages shushine999

OK, now ......I'm not trying to say there are steroids or performance-enhancing drugs in effect here. Not trying to say that.
What I AM trying to say is that I ordered mugs last night. 1) Because they're pretty, 2) Because I saw everyone talking about "kitchy non-matching coffee mugs" and instantly noticed that these mugs ARE non-matching (see all the different colors?) and that would make me "kindakitchy", and 3) I wanted to be both glazed AND reactive.

Anyway - I ordered them. Last night. TODAY - I got a notice they had SHIPPED already, scheduled to be here by the 8th of January?!?!?!?

AGAIN - not pointing the Doping Wand at the Woot shipping dept., but it seems that since before Christmas there has been a HUUUUGE kick in the "shipping and processing" pants over there. And yeah, OK, maybe I AM trying to say it prolly hain't nat-chrel. I'm pleased with it on MY end, but if the warehouse folks suddenly notice bits of themselves shrivelling up and falling off, wellllll.....just sayin'.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
shushine999 wrote:OK, now ......I'm not trying to say there are steroids or performance-enhancing drugs in effect here. Not trying to say that.
What I AM trying to say is that I ordered mugs last night. 1) Because they're pretty, 2) Because I saw everyone talking about "kitchy non-matching coffee mugs" and instantly noticed that these mugs ARE non-matching (see all the different colors?) and that would make me "kindakitchy", and 3) I wanted to be both glazed AND reactive.

Anyway - I ordered them. Last night. TODAY - I got a notice they had SHIPPED already, scheduled to be here by the 8th of January?!?!?!?

AGAIN - not pointing the Doping Wand at the Woot shipping dept., but it seems that since before Christmas there has been a HUUUUGE kick in the "shipping and processing" pants over there. And yeah, OK, maybe I AM trying to say it prolly hain't nat-chrel. I'm pleased with it on MY end, but if the warehouse folks suddenly notice bits of themselves shrivelling up and falling off, wellllll.....just sayin'.

I'm just hanging out, really.

shushine999

quality posts: 15 Private Messages shushine999
inkycatz wrote:

DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN THEY JUST SHIPPED MY OTHER THING I ORDERED LAST NIGHT FROM ANOTHER WOOT PAGE AS WELL....... I just love it here. I REALLY do. I love you, Woot people. You are tearing it UP on the fast shipping! Good job!

snoopyrichie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snoopyrichie

Where is this made? China?

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
prttymf8 wrote:That Capresso kettle is awful. The water has a strong rubber/plastic smell. I've had it for over a year and tried boiling a pot every few days, and it still smells awful. I'm hoping the Breville Crystal Clear comes to Woot some time.

Definitely tea for me! I have the Breville One-Touch Tea Maker and it's the best tea maker I have ever owned.

I really like the look of these mugs, but I wish they didn't have handles. I prefer my mugs without for better hand warming.

socalwoman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages socalwoman
prttymf8 wrote:That Capresso kettle is awful. The water has a strong rubber/plastic smell. I've had it for over a year and tried boiling a pot every few days, and it still smells awful. I'm hoping the Breville Crystal Clear comes to Woot some time.

Thanks for the warning! I could use an electric kettle, but I have a very sensitive sniffer and wouldn't be able to get past an icky smell.

Seize the Carp!

aridiar85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aridiar85
socalwoman wrote:Thanks for the warning! I could use an electric kettle, but I have a very sensitive sniffer and wouldn't be able to get past an icky smell.

I haven't noticed a particular smell to mine, which I've been using for a few years. However the handle has gotten loose at top, seems potentially dangerous.