WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Backlot Arts Vintage Movie Posters

Classic is cool. Bogie, Bergman, Dean, Presley, Sinatra, Hepburn, Newman, etc. The original cool, the prototype sexy, the vintage badass. The chumps we've got today are celebrities, sure, but they heavy-hitters of way back when? They were idols. And that difference amounts to a lot more than a hill of beans in this crazy world.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Have you seen all the movies in this sale? Which would you recommend?

I'm just hanging out, really.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

I thought this was a MST2K sale...

kmashaney

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmashaney

I haven't seen all of them, but I can safely say Bullitt is the best one.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

Holy merchandise Batman! That poster is awesome.

bhvmi04

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bhvmi04

Don't know about all of them, but you can get The Endless Summer framed in hardwood for $69 at target.com

Agatha

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Agatha

Wootbot is wrong about the Wizard of Oz poster. Glinda IS in the poster. She's in the bubble.

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

soo cool, I want one.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Agatha wrote:Wootbot is wrong about the Wizard of Oz poster. Glinda IS in the poster. She's in the bubble.

Good point. Guess the writer doesn't know his Wizard of Oz.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe

I love The Good the Bad and the Ugly, and was really excited to see the poster for sale... until I looked close enough to see that it is an advertisement for a DVD set. What the effballs?!

monkeylice

quality posts: 3 Private Messages monkeylice
hookajoe wrote:I love The Good the Bad and the Ugly, and was really excited to see the poster for sale... until I looked close enough to see that it is an advertisement for a DVD set. What the effballs?!

Whoa... You just saved me $80. Thank you for pointing that out!

cervantes80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cervantes80

Casablanca is, hands down, the best and most quoted movie here. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is great as well as Cool Hand Luke. Now if they only had one for The Great Waldo Pepper, I would be interested.

kmeltzer

quality posts: 32 Private Messages kmeltzer

To be sure here... this aren't actual *vintage posters*, these are reprints of posters for movies.. in frames. Right?

philosopherott

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philosopherott
monkeylice wrote:Whoa... You just saved me $80. Thank you for pointing that out!

Pretty much the same poster here for less than $20

kmabbond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmabbond
philosopherott wrote:Pretty much the same poster here for less than $20

But not framed and everything..

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

Casablanca is hands down one of the best movies ever made.
A must see.

jimmyd103

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jimmyd103

I'm no copy editor but I think this needs some work,
The chumps we've got today are celebrities, sure, but they heavy-hitters of way back when?

The stars of today? The suck. Bogie and the rest would shame 'em right out of Hollywood if it weren't for all the, you know, being dead.

Just trying to be helpful not picky.

lesleypurdy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lesleypurdy

Am I missing where it says the size of the posters?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

lesleypurdy wrote:Am I missing where it says the size of the posters?

Sorry for the late reply.
All of them appear to be 27" x 40" standard poster size (unless otherwise posted differently).

jfiamingo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfiamingo

It's possible that I am missing something. These are not original posters that someone found in an attic. These are ink on poster paper in a frame. The price point is rather high. I guess it is a good frame OR there is an awfully large profit margin. I'll pass...I do like the Clint Eastwood poster. Hmmmm, 80 bucks.

highonpez

quality posts: 7 Private Messages highonpez

It's not really a high price. The print is gonna cost you at least $10 (maybe cheaper for the realllly popular stuff but probably more for a large size). The frame is going to be at least 40 bucks with glass. The one I linked is the cheapest I could find. So that's even conservative. Then they have to mat and frame it. So $50 plus your own labor for a slightly inferior product. Not all that crazy. I spent 20 bucks just making a 11X17 of The Philadelphia Story using a cheap snap-on plastic frame.

Them using a DVD promo print for The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is inexcusable though.

colleenregan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colleenregan
monkeylice wrote:Whoa... You just saved me $80. Thank you for pointing that out!

Check Amazon.com before you buy here.

shadowplay1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadowplay1

Love to get The Time Machine poster (yes, I know its not the best film there) but for $80 I would like to be able to get a good look at it...

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

It would be awesome if Young Frankenstein was an option. Or Blazing Saddles.
"My grandfathers ideas were dodo!"

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches
hookajoe wrote:I love The Good the Bad and the Ugly, and was really excited to see the poster for sale... until I looked close enough to see that it is an advertisement for a DVD set. What the effballs?!

Gotta admit...that's kind of not so cool.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!