3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

dcigary

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dcigary

Anyone know how well these work? Especially with a CPAP machine?

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Awww... No more Nestoras and the poker club.

So, who is moving in? Giovanni?

jennieturner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jennieturner

What is special about this pillow? What are the benefits?

wootnycen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootnycen

Available from the mothership for $13.49 for one (Prime eligible) in case you only need one. http://www.amazon.com/Allstar-Products-Group-Pillow-SideSleeper/dp/B0045UF6E6

[MOD: That's for one. Ours is a 2-pack.]

spenzmatik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spenzmatik
dcigary wrote:Anyone know how well these work? Especially with a CPAP machine?

I've had firmer pillows, but as far as working with a CPAP machine, I've always noticed that if I go to sleep with one, my head does very little moving during the night, especially if you put your arm under the pillow.

And by little I mean virtually none. Your head always stays on it's side. As for impeding the straps, I have no idea.

cbielem

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cbielem

Don't use it all the time, but it fits around your body so your head is elevated while the rest of your body is not - so your neck doesn't get a crick in it (for side sleepers).
I originally bought it for the ear hole - having my ear smashed leads to migraines, and this pillow helps a lot - as long as I don't roll over in my sleep.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3115 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

is the pillow reversible? was wondering if the special "ear hole" was only on one side.

Timmy4571

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Timmy4571

I bought these the last time they were on woot, but they were 15$. So when is woot going to do a reimbursement for all the people that paid more every time or at least some sort of loyalty program?

Now about the pillows. I'm used to sleeping on a memory foam pillow so as far as them being "cradling" for you to lay on I'd say they are just as good as any other pillow "A little to firm if you ask me". They are only comfortable when you are on your side if your ear is in that lil hollowed out spot. I find myself waking up a lot wearing this pillow like one of those neck support pillows you see people wearing at the airport. lol

I'd give these pillows a 4/10, but I'm a pillow snob. others might like them more, but I could of done without. Also my guess is they'll be flat as a pancake after a couple months of use tops.

@conan Yes the ear hole is on both sides

ElizardbethWoots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ElizardbethWoots

Can't vouch for CPAP, but I have fallen asleep with glasses on and woke with unbroken glasses still on my face and not all mushed against my eye.

I bought mine to force myself to be a side sleeper during pregnancy and they worked like a dream (Generation 3 Ponies pun). I still use mine (kid is a year old) and find I have a lot less of a problem with the old lady hunchback neck and shoulder pain than I had without them. I try to take mine everywhere I go.

mnerd

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mnerd

I have these. I personally do not like them. I am a side sleeper, and hate having pillow that make my ear hurt so I tried these. They worked fine for that but I always wake up with neck pains when I use these pillows. And as others have mentioned they are only comfortable if you don't move. I guess if you don't move around much at night these might work for you, but I'd to would give these a 4/10 score over all. That being said, the price is good.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I couldn't use these in bed sleeping because I flop from side to side while sleeping.

However, I have one on the couch for laying and watching TV. Super comfy. No problem with it losing it's fluff or firmness.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rjh0702

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjh0702

I bought a pair last year. I was disappointed in the comfort or lack thereof. After 2 months, I quit using this pillow all together.

connielynn1956

quality posts: 1 Private Messages connielynn1956
conanthelibrarian wrote:is the pillow reversible? was wondering if the special "ear hole" was only on one side.

Ear hole is on both sides. I bought these last Woot and fell in love. I used to flip side to side about every hour. Now I seldom turn even once. Sleeping all night is a wonderful thing. No more aches or numbness with the arm or shoulder or neck. The only problem is you can't flip the pillow to the cool side without turning over.

Ellablack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ellablack

I gave one away and threw out the one I tried. They're rock hard and not comfy at all.

EB

catgrrl

quality posts: 8 Private Messages catgrrl

These pillows work pretty well, but I have a small head and the "ear hole" doesn't line up right for me...and what's worse, it looks embarrassingly like a...sphincter.

greytam

quality posts: 4 Private Messages greytam

I bought these last time as I prefer to sleep on my side and tend to snore if I end up on my back. Since using one, I have slept through the night much more often, waking up with no stiffness or soreness. They look very goofy and I have not yet convinced my husband to give it a try (and he definitely snores when on his back. The goofiness factor is no problem for me since the comfort factor is so huge.

I think you would never know if you'd like them till trying them out. Either it works for you or it doesn't...

pbgv23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbgv23

I have one. The cat seems to find it comfy, but I didn't. Definitely not for restless sleepers.

galapogos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages galapogos
Timmy4571 wrote:I bought these the last time they were on woot, but they were 15$. So when is woot going to do a reimbursement for all the people that paid more every time or at least some sort of loyalty program?

I too bought these pillows last time. I can get behind this. If Woot is going to recycle these sales repeatedly, they are going to engender some ill will when prices drop on the same item a few weeks later. Feels like I didn't pay market price at $15, rather I paid the price Woot thought would clear their inventory. Then when they don't sell out and mark it down for another sale, I think it indicates the price wasn't right to begin with.

thericochet

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet

I read that as "CRAP machine". Like you were angry with a mean face.

sjtmbg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjtmbg

Does anyone have advice for washing these things? Can you just plop the whole pillow in the washing machine or is there a removable cover?

puckbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages puckbert

I ordered one of these last year... crap, in 2011... when it was $14.99, and I'm really happy with it. Not so much with the quality of materials (the earhole of mine has come unstitched and the stuffing is trying to come out, so it looks sad when the "pillowcase" is in the wash) but the design of it. I keep meaning to figure out a pattern so I can make real pillowcases for it.

I was just wondering if it'd come up on woot! again, because mine is getting so sad and my spouse left theirs at a sleepover. But that's a good point - I took mine camping, is how much I like it.

I usually prop another small pillow underneath and it does fine with my low profile cpap mask, and it did ok with a nasal mask. I can't imagine it'd do well with a full face mask. Usually I put the tube under the pillow so it's not running up the side of my face. I think... It's not a thing I think about often. (:

Moral of the story: Have one, in for two. Maybe three? There's no reason for me to buy three, if this one has lasted me a year and a half. I should not buy pillows for six years from now.

eta: sjtmbg, the "pillowcase" is a removable cover that can be washed. It's pretty thin and eventually pills a little. The pillow itself has a cheap sateen feeling.

artiemd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artiemd

I purchased this sometime last year. I use use this with a CPAP facemask. For me this pillow works better than th expensive ones that are designed for CPAP.

The cover is cheap, though. Almost as soon as I got it I had a new case made of my own fabric.

Wagnbat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Wagnbat
Timmy4571 wrote:I bought these the last time they were on woot, but they were 15$. So when is woot going to do a reimbursement for all the people that paid more every time or at least some sort of loyalty program?

galapogos wrote:I too bought these pillows last time. I can get behind this. If Woot is going to recycle these sales repeatedly, they are going to engender some ill will when prices drop on the same item a few weeks later. Feels like I didn't pay market price at $15, rather I paid the price Woot thought would clear their inventory. Then when they don't sell out and mark it down for another sale, I think it indicates the price wasn't right to begin with.

I don't think it's rocket science to figure out Woot's business model. Clearing out OTHER people's inventories. There was a truckload of video cards shipped from Nvidia to Woot a few years back, and (I believe) accusations of foul play on both parties behalf as the entire shipment was "lost". Point is, Nvidia shipped excess stock to Woot to offload. This was before they were bought by Amazon. And it then makes sense that Amazon, a large warehouse company who has plenty of excess inventory, purchased a smaller company that excelled at moving poorly marketed or otherwise in selling excess inventory.

Last but not least, prices drop. Market value is what the market is willing to pay. If you paid $15, don't cry because now its $10. At the time those who didn't think it was fair waited. THAT is "market value". That said, at $5 a pillow, how much profit are they turning?

If you don't like it, shove off and go shop somewhere else... But we all know you won't because Woot still has awesome deals and you'll be back. Hopefully with less whine and moar cheez.

dg12345

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dg12345

Thx to wooters, I purchased this for my mom who uses a CPAP and she LOVES it! I tried the other one to see if it would turn me into a side sleeper but it didn't do any good. The cover is removable, but it's really thin and flimsy, so use one of those delicates bags if you wash it. Frankly, the cover is too thin to protect the pillow. You'll want to put an additional pillowcase on it but it won't work as well.

jmaguire64

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jmaguire64
Wagnbat wrote:I don't think it's rocket science to figure out Woot's business model. Clearing out OTHER people's inventories. There was a truckload of video cards shipped from Nvidia to Woot a few years back, and (I believe) accusations of foul play on both parties behalf as the entire shipment was "lost". Point is, Nvidia shipped excess stock to Woot to offload. This was before they were bought by Amazon. And it then makes sense that Amazon, a large warehouse company who has plenty of excess inventory, purchased a smaller company that excelled at moving poorly marketed or otherwise in selling excess inventory.

Last but not least, prices drop. Market value is what the market is willing to pay. If you paid $15, don't cry because now its $10. At the time those who didn't think it was fair waited. THAT is "market value". That said, at $5 a pillow, how much profit are they turning?

If you don't like it, shove off and go shop somewhere else... But we all know you won't because Woot still has awesome deals and you'll be back. Hopefully with less whine and moar cheez.

This is a quality post if I've ever seen one. Glad you said all this so I didn't have to.

You would think people on these boards would at the VERY least understand consumer economics. Wait until they find out I got my Galaxy S3 two months ago for half of what other people paid when it first came out. That is going to rustle some jimmies.

galapogos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages galapogos
Wagnbat wrote:..At the time those who didn't think it was fair waited. THAT is "market value". That said, at $5 a pillow, how much profit are they turning?

I didn't know Woot would ever offer the same product again. "Waiting" for the sale to come back was not a tactic I considered employing at Woot. I figured their inventory was not persistent and that once the sale's over, it's gone for good.

Apparently I misunderstood things. I didn't mean to come off as whiney. You sure put me in my place buddy!

Jillianzwerenz

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jillianzwerenz
Wagnbat wrote:I don't think it's rocket science to figure out Woot's business model. Clearing out OTHER people's inventories. There was a truckload of video cards shipped from Nvidia to Woot a few years back, and (I believe) accusations of foul play on both parties behalf as the entire shipment was "lost". Point is, Nvidia shipped excess stock to Woot to offload. This was before they were bought by Amazon. And it then makes sense that Amazon, a large warehouse company who has plenty of excess inventory, purchased a smaller company that excelled at moving poorly marketed or otherwise in selling excess inventory.

I agree ^^^^^ Bravo for saying it better than most. I'm sure the mods and wootees over at HQ are high fiving themselves for you.

I've always said, the price of a share is what someone is willing to pay for it. Period. That's what drives the market. Finance 101.

Wagnbat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Wagnbat
galapogos wrote:I didn't know Woot would ever offer the same product again. "Waiting" for the sale to come back was not a tactic I considered employing at Woot. I figured their inventory was not persistent and that once the sale's over, it's gone for good.

Apparently I misunderstood things. I didn't mean to come off as whiney. You sure put me in my place buddy!

Sellout.woot often has sales for "stuff we couldn't sell on home.woot" or what-have-you. And things will almost always become cheaper.

Good on you for owning up, but you just said what others were thinking so you're not alone. No one got ripped off... Market value simply changed.

Good luck on future deals. And if you're not sure, don't pull the trigger. Woot rewards those who wait... I waited 3 weeks for them to post a deal on a razer mouse, and sure enough they did. Patience...

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye

I really like my side sleeper pillow. Yes, it is reversible and as for the quality of the pillowcase that comes with it I suggest checking eBay for pillowcases for them. There is a woman in Florida who makes pillowcases for these pillows and the quality is excellent. She will even do custom work if you send the fabric (in other words, you can match your bedding sets if you send her a twin sheet).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

So now that we have the mechanics of Woot and economics hammered out, how about these pillows?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

acanarelli

quality posts: 197 Private Messages acanarelli
dcigary wrote:Anyone know how well these work?

I've bought a lot of stuff in the years I've been with Woot and I've been happy with most of it. However, next to that can opener that does not work, this pillow is the second lousiest item I ever purchased on Woot. I bought 2 of them, one for me and one for my wife. My wife used it for one or 2 hours and then tossed it and I dumped it after the first night. It does absolutely NOTHING to enhance my sleeping hours...nothing! You may get better mileage than we got but I would be surprised to learn that you did.

iproxii

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iproxii
conanthelibrarian wrote:is the pillow reversible? was wondering if the special "ear hole" was only on one side.

It's on both sides, but if you don't like a firm pillow, I wouldn't recommend it. On one side there's a button, so you might prefer to stick to the side with the ear hole minus the button. The button is just there for the purpose of the pillow case.

I was a bit unhappy with the one I purchased a month ago from woot, I ended up paying an extra 4$ too, which is no beuno. I'm too lazy and in love with woot though to contact customer service or return it. It's not a total waste though, the idea was good- I just didn't feel the plush in the pillow was that great and it was smaller than I expected. I plan on making my own using the same idea but modifying the materials and making it longer on one side to count as a side pillow as well.

If you aren't addicted to side pillows, like sleeping on hard surfaces like a cat, and have 10$ you don't want to waste on crappy asian food then I think this pillow would be a good choice for you.

Alohamora

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Alohamora

I bought this when it was on Woot in October 2011. It's really helped with my sleeping. It can be a little annoying to flip it from right to left side position some time during the night, but that's minor compared to the basic utility of the thing. I was disappointed in how quickly they go flat, but at this price, I will stock up on spares.

{sheesh, where am I going to store 6 pillows now?)

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak

I bought a pair of these a while back on woot and I have to say I liked them for about a day.

With my height and build they don't seem to ever really be in the right spot for me. They are also not very firm and having now graduated to a Z-Pilloe Firm I will never look back. My cats use these now more than I do...they seem to like curling up in and on them.

So all in all if you have a chest 50 or more inches around (like I said I'm a bigger guy) then these may not be a great option for you.

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

mikemiracle

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mikemiracle

Bought two a couple of years ago from woot. If you like a firm pillow you're in. I don't like the feeling of resting my head on a board though. Never figured out how to put a pillow case on them either.

Kreespa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kreespa

I've found that this pillow is excellent for travel - it's allowed me to sleep on numerous overnight flights. I always go for a window seat, and I find the pillow fits well tucked around the arm rest when not in use. I usually find a way to clip it to the outside of my carry-on so it's not something else to lug around. It's slightly inconvenient dragging from city to city when traveling by trains, planes, and automobiles through Europe, but for me the quality of sleep I got while using the pillow on said transportation was well worth the slight hassle.

Verminous

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Verminous

Worth a try at this price, I skipped the last deal as still a bit much for an experimental purchase. I am a side sleeper but have a tendency to roll over onto my back at times and snore, so this will make my wife happy if it keeps me comfortably on my side.

What will I do with my $100 dollar memory foam coconut oil infused pillow now?

Someday, somebody else, besides me, will call me by my stage name, they will call me Dr. Verm...

thanson63

quality posts: 4 Private Messages thanson63

Wow! Comments all over the board on these pillows. Too firm, too flat, love them, hate them. For $10, it's worth trying to help with neck issues. Guess I'm hitting the button.

andrea2110

quality posts: 3 Private Messages andrea2110

Just bought one and I have been wanting to get something that would help with the neck pains. Can't wait to try it out!