WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What’s the correct kind of vampire?
  • 16.2% - Sexy action hero! 313
  • 5.6% - Sparkly and rich! 109
  • 23% - Literary and bat-turney! 446
  • 2.5% - Cartoony, like in a comic book or an anime! 49
  • 21.4% - Christopher Lee. That’s all. Just Christopher Lee. 415
  • 31.2% - I have no opinion on vampires. That is all. 604
1936 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Moueska

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Moueska

THIS IS SO MY POLL.

;)

I vote meloncholyish and playful. Both, wherever possible, with as little sparkle as possible. Well, diamonds, yes. They can give me as many diamonds as they want.

cedaroo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages cedaroo

George Hamilton (Campy + Classy)!

Melancholy, self-absorbed, even obsessed can be enjoyable, but totally co-dependent, whinny, pouty, and sparkly are NOT.

I also enjoy the highly variable and individualized bloodsuckers from the Vampire Diaries - although to be fair there's a fair amount of "high school angst" even among the oldest of the vamps.

ardubu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ardubu

By everything I have seen...
Sparkly and Rich...
Like all those Wall Street Types,
sucking the life out of the country.

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

cfedruk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfedruk

I agree with Moueska. I am more of an Anne Rice vamp fan personally. Literary but not bat turney

Moueska

cfedruk wrote:I agree with Moueska. I am more of an Anne Rice vamp fan personally. Literary but not bat turney

I LOVE THAT YOU CAUGHT MY LESTAT REFERENCE.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Dark, disturbed, conflicted and a social hermit. He or she must live in secret, hunting to survive.

a04971xx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a04971xx

I like vampires as they are in Twilight. In the forest and way over in Washington.

bonzani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonzani

I am more of a Bram Stoker kinda gal..

cole103

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cole103

Bram Stoker FTW!

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Kate Beckinsale.

Moueska

a04971xx wrote:I like vampires as they are in Twilight. In the forest and way over in Washington.

ROFL

MADJEDDAI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MADJEDDAI

The correct answer isn't even there... Vampires, as with any other monster, should be SCARY. Terrifying, blood-drinking monsters who regard human life as nothing more than sustenance and prey upon us like a hunter does to an animal. That's the kind of vampire I want to see.

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
MADJEDDAI wrote:The correct answer isn't even there... Vampires, as with any other monster, should be SCARY. Terrifying, blood-drinking monsters who regard human life as nothing more than sustenance and prey upon us like a hunter does to an animal. That's the kind of vampire I want to see.

Justin Cronin: The passage
Good read. A bit YA, but just how vamps should be.

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

Lestat's personality is the perfect vampire. Self-obsessed and unwilling to even recognize that there are consequences to his actions let alone take responsibility for them. Narcissistic and charmingly sociopathic. Unwilling to admit he actually needs others to witness his wreckless behavior. Without others to bear witness, does one actually exist?

Sheena3745

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Sheena3745

Don't care about the details as long as vamps are scary. Anything that makes them *less* so, from sparkling to pretty looks, is just not right.

cappo

quality posts: 22 Private Messages cappo

I guess that about sums it up.

offgridmanpolktn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages offgridmanpolktn

It would seem that there's no one else here that remembers the real vampire. All you are discussing are pop culture icons. If you children would care to see a real vampire that will make you wish to never see it again .......sit in the dark by yourself and put on 'Nosferatu'

PS And yes I have checked out some of these newer ones, couldn't make it even half way through without laughing at Lestats teenage angst so much that it was consigned to the Harlequin box that we save for my teenage neice.

Mancho wrote:Justin Cronin: The passage
Good read. A bit YA, but just how vamps should be.

cappo

quality posts: 22 Private Messages cappo

Pop culture, you say?

Jonathan Harker: She's alive?
Van Helsing: She's Nosferatu.
Jonathan Harker: She's Italian?

Dracula: Dead and Loving It (1995)

Now it's official. Or something.

rdjuras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdjuras

Dark, mysterious, antagonist. Thus I chose the literary option. But no thanks on the bat part. No need for sparkles or riches, but definitely highly emotional, passionate, and very intense. I should be drawn to him as much as I despise or am terrified of him.

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky

My half-sister taught me what it's like to have a vampire attached to my neck. Ugh.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
MADJEDDAI wrote:The correct answer isn't even there... Vampires, as with any other monster, should be SCARY. Terrifying, blood-drinking monsters who regard human life as nothing more than sustenance and prey upon us like a hunter does to an animal. That's the kind of vampire I want to see.

Amen.