WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Barware

Well, it's that time of year again. After the Holidays, but before the sun comes out. The cold, bitter, dull, tv's-on-hiatus-and-it's-time-to-do-your-taxes time of year. Your favorite bar is snowed in, your favorite sport is unplayable. But there's still one thing you can do for fun. Just don't drive afterwards. There's nowhere to go anyways.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ThunderThighs wrote:Hold it right there! STOP! Is that a Woot "!" that I see?!?!?! Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!!!! Must buy 3!
I'm just hanging out, really.

mike11212

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mike11212

Target has the 26 ounce oggie shakers for 14.99 and if you want the 6 oz ones those are 9.99 at target.

I woot you

jasonwilk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonwilk

Do any of these have the Woot! logo on them like in the photo?

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1
jasonwilk wrote:Do any of these have the Woot! logo on them like in the photo?

This one does: http://home.woot.com/offers/grainware-woot-icon-5pc-beverage-set

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mike11212 wrote:Target has the 26 ounce oggie shakers for 14.99 and if you want the 6 oz ones those are 9.99 at target.

We love a good deal, do you have an online link for this or is it an in store special?

I'm just hanging out, really.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

What is with the measurements on the pitcher? 84.5 ounce capacity? Who in their right mind knows how big 84.5 ounces is?

Yes I could just use google to convert them, but would it really be asking too much to get some practical units of measure? Anything above 20oz should be measured in gallons and quarts (and even pints).

Also, "84.5 ounce capacity" is pretty darned ambiguous when it comes to something like a porcelain pitcher. Is this a volume capacity or a weight capacity? I suspect volume, but who knows. It's porcelain (which I don't think of as being quite as strong as your typical pyrex), maybe it only can carry 84.5 ounces of weight (5.28lbs) before breaking/cracking under load. Considering the fact the units don't specify "fluid ounces" I have to assume this is the case and you should not get this pitcher if you plan on putting more than 5.28lbs of anything in it.

And I know this might upset some "amurrrcans", but if the units were in metric, they would be completely unambiguous and trivially easy to convert between different sized units.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

1 liter Beer steins and pilsner glasses! Eeeeeeehhh!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
Because it's not enough that you think of us whenever you put on a shirt or check your email, we need you to be thinking of us whenever you're thirsty, too. We need you to be thinking about us always. ALWAYS.

When did you get so needy woot?

Shadow12

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Shadow12
countdown wrote:What is with the measurements on the pitcher? 84.5 ounce capacity? Who in their right mind knows how big 84.5 ounces is?

Clearly, I am not in my right mind or I need to have the hook removed from my mouth for taking the bait on this one.

84.5 ounces in the description translates to "liquid ounces" to me. Not clear how this could be construed as anything other than a liquid measurement when used to describe a pitcher. CLEARLY YMMV.

84.5 ounces - to me, that immediately translates into 1/2 gallon + 20 oz. (And I can visualize how many glasses of lemonade or tea I can get out of that.)

8 oz = 1 cup, 2 cups = 1 pint (16 ozs.), 2 pints = 1 quart (32 ozs), 2 quarts = half a gallon (64 ozs). 20 oz. = more soda than is legal to sell in a NYC restaurant. (haha)

Gotta go, my AMERICAN day-release program requires me to be back in the padded room by 6pm (1800 hrs)

toochaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toochaos
Shadow12 wrote:Clearly, I am not in my right mind or I need to have the hook removed from my mouth for taking the bait on this one.

84.5 ounces in the description translates to "liquid ounces" to me. Not clear how this could be construed as anything other than a liquid measurement when used to describe a pitcher. CLEARLY YMMV.

84.5 ounces - to me, that immediately translates into 1/2 gallon + 20 oz. (And I can visualize how many glasses of lemonade or tea I can get out of that.)

8 oz = 1 cup, 2 cups = 1 pint (16 ozs.), 2 pints = 1 quart (32 ozs), 2 quarts = half a gallon (64 ozs). 20 oz. = more soda than is legal to sell in a NYC restaurant. (haha)

Gotta go, my AMERICAN day-release program requires me to be back in the padded room by 6pm (1800 hrs)

Conversely in you work in Imperial measurement its 1/2 gallon 4.5oz but oddly stil 4 pints 4.5 ozs

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

I severely want the Woot logo 5 piece set.

wilcononomous

quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous

was ready to click the buy button. until I read "acrylic". Next time make a set in glass. or a glass beer stein/pint glasses with the logo would be fantastic.

thericochet

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet

Having woot logos on stuff when woot was woot was kitschy, but considering the monstrosity of run-of-the-mill ecommerce it's become, it's more of a detracting factor now. Kind of like serving your guests with Overstock.com silverware.

JethroOp369

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JethroOp369
inkycatz wrote:We love a good deal, do you have an online link for this or is it an in store special?

The red one they have on the Target website is not the same red one here, but it is the same size. Same goes for the green. Here are the links:

Red 26oz Shaker

Green 26 oz Shaker

They are both $14.99

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb
countdown wrote:And I know this might upset some "amurrrcans", but if the units were in metric, they would be completely unambiguous and trivially easy to convert between different sized units.

My car gets 40 rods to the Hogshead and that's the way I likes it!

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1
wilcononomous wrote:was ready to click the buy button. until I read "acrylic". Next time make a set in glass. or a glass beer stein/pint glasses with the logo would be fantastic.

Good catch! I assumed they were glass at that price.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PRICE REDUCED ON SHAKERS

Just wanted to let you all know that we've lowered the price on the shakers to $14. If you already purchased, you'll automagically be refunded the difference.

Just a reminder that we have some new Plus deals that just went up. Great time to unlock and take advantage of free shipping. Don't forget the ! Lodge pan on Sellout.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

xbilx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xbilx

anyone know if those Arcoroc Footed Pils glasses have etching in the bottom/a nucleation site? Y'know, for bubbles?

mike11212

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mike11212
inkycatz wrote:We love a good deal, do you have an online link for this or is it an in store special?

they were online but it seems the shiny ones you have are gone except for the smaller one. But today when I was in store they had the 26 oz you have for 10.98 at least in Brooklyn NY.

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=Oggi&category=0%7CAll%7Cmatchallpartial%7Call+categories

I woot you

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
countdown wrote:What is with the measurements on the pitcher? 84.5 ounce capacity? Who in their right mind knows how big 84.5 ounces is?

Also, "84.5 ounce capacity" is pretty darned ambiguous when it comes to something like a porcelain pitcher. Is this a volume capacity or a weight capacity? I suspect volume, but who knows. It's porcelain (which I don't think of as being quite as strong as your typical pyrex), maybe it only can carry 84.5 ounces of weight (5.28lbs) before breaking/cracking under load. Considering the fact the units don't specify "fluid ounces" I have to assume this is the case and you should not get this pitcher if you plan on putting more than 5.28lbs of anything in it.

The density of water is pretty close to 1 in English units as well. IOW - 84.5 oz. of water weighs, pretty much, 84.5 oz. So even though it should be painfully obvious that an ounce measure of a pitcher would be liquid ounces, if you prefer to think of it as weight it really makes little difference.

Also, dividing by 32 isn't that hard.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Man I hope those woot glasses come back, I don't have the money for them right now but would really enjoy them :3

trubba

quality posts: 2 Private Messages trubba

$48 for acrylic? That's about $8 per logo on an $8 bar set.