WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Fatboy USA Doggielounge

You might be the alpha, but so was the King of Siam, and where is he now? That's right! And why? Because he focused on writing a musical, not making sure his subjects had comfy beds. Learn from his mistake, and keep your furry friend comfy LEST THEY RISE AGAINST YE.
Fatboy USA official site

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun

I was looking for a new dog bed, since our husky chewed hers up. These are a tad bit expensive though, especially considering she might just chew it up again.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Maybe it's bad dreams, but yeah, I'd love to hear about durability!

I'm just hanging out, really.

perrykperry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perrykperry

We got our dogs a similar-looking dog bed, made of heavy-duty Cordura (or similar thick nylon) - they chewed through it over a weekend, while we were away. Unfortunately, it was stuffed with styrofoam beads... The living room had SNOWDRIFTS!

I'd love to get them something more comfortable, but with their chewing habits - cheap blankets from the thrift store (well-laundered) has been the best solution. Thankfully, they only chew stuff that's "theirs".

arismella

quality posts: 16 Private Messages arismella

These look super comfy, and would fit almost-perfectly (with two inches of squishing!) into my dog's crate. Hmmm...

Also, the photoshopped image up top is freaking me out. Weird reverse foreshortening? Two focal points? Not sure what it is, but my eyes are confused. :P (Yes, I'm a nerd.)

wootod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootod

??? price on fatboy.com is $139 large /$99 small, with 1cent (.01) shipping

large $139
http://shop.fatboyusa.com/?cat=2CCE638C-2F4F-4393-99CA-942F82C8C1DC&product=A5A6B59D-9459-47A8-BC9D-888BE742E033

small $99
http://shop.fatboyusa.com/?cat=2CCE638C-2F4F-4393-99CA-942F82C8C1DC&product=6DDFA06F-31F8-4ED1-988D-9830F6CA5588

lorianne731

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lorianne731

Woot Fail! these beds are .99 cents cheaper on the fatboy website.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Hey folks, when we're finding other deals (as we do sometimes), it helps us help you when we get links to send along to investigate.

Thanks a bunch for your sharp shopping!

I'm just hanging out, really.

jason246day

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jason246day

ceagee

quality posts: 63 Private Messages ceagee
inkycatz wrote:Hey folks, when we're finding other deals (as we do sometimes), it helps us help you when we get links to send along to investigate.

Thanks a bunch for your sharp shopping!

I wasn't the original poster, but they are correct. No deal here at all.
FatboyUSA

Buck cheaper at the mothership too --- and free ship
Amamom
They give it 3 stars.

candiceb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages candiceb

What are these stuffed with, unicorn hair? I can't imagine spending that much on a dog bed. I actually just spent $35 on one yesterday, and even that was a difficult decision as I've never spent more than $15. And I buy big dog beds.

sumo68

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sumo68

Nice Photoshopping of a dog and dog bed into that living room pic. Doesn't look weird at all... :/

Cool looking dog bed, though! My dog would love it!

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick
candiceb wrote:What are these stuffed with, unicorn hair? I can't imagine spending that much on a dog bed. I actually just spent $35 on one yesterday, and even that was a difficult decision as I've never spent more than $15. And I buy big dog beds.

Exactly! Heck, one of my dogs won't sleep on anything padded! We had to take the stuffing out of his bed to get him to sleep on it.

For this price you could buy a twin mattress. A crappy twin mattress, but still...

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

I don't love my dog that much....

isralsky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isralsky

http://www.mollymutt.com/shop/

You can fill these with your stuff, so they don't chew it up. Also, a fraction of the price.

MrsZiggy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsZiggy
draigun wrote:I was looking for a new dog bed, since our husky chewed hers up. These are a tad bit expensive though, especially considering she might just chew it up again.

I'd be really shocked if your dog could chew these things up. The material is incredibly tough. If you go through a lot of dog beds it's worth finding one of these to check out in person/

mrcompudoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrcompudoc

So where's the deal?? You're selling them for $0.99 MORE than is available at the makers site...

Gee, no deal here!!

Iceman1959

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceman1959

For that price, they better come with A dog as well..

mputerka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mputerka

$140? you could buy your dog a futon for that much.

finzup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages finzup

i don't care how much you sell them for but at least make the orig list price correct!

I've noticed that some people list all their woot purchases in their signature. Me? No way, no how. I don't even want to acknowledge to myself, much less anyone else, just how much $$ I've spent on woot crap since 2006.

btrotta

quality posts: 3 Private Messages btrotta
sumo68 wrote:Nice Photoshopping of a dog and dog bed into that living room pic. Doesn't look weird at all... :/

Cool looking dog bed, though! My dog would love it!

That's not a Photoshop job. They used a tilt - shift lense for selective focus. When done well it gives a very cool miniaturized look to the items in the picture.

See http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/11/16/beautiful-examples-of-tilt-shift-photography/ for some good examples.

When it's not done so well, it looks like the product photo.

kpatterson67

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kpatterson67

Reviews on Amazon are not great, going to pass on this one.
http://www.amazon.com/Fatboy-800-3055-Doggielounge-Small-Orange/dp/B001GFCQ50

By the way, price is cheaper with free shipping on amazon as well.

xavoc

quality posts: 15 Private Messages xavoc

Costco sells giant ass dog beds for $20. At that price you could buy a new one every month and still come out cheaper than the large ones of these.

Oh, and they've got cedar chips in them to help them not smell like dog.