WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Dryer vents:
  • 5.3% - Always pop off when you have 12 loads of sopping wet laundry 51
  • 7.3% - Are the bane of my existence and should be murdered 70
  • 33% - Were obviously designed by a mentally impaired clown child 317
  • 39.4% - Should not be utterly impossible to reattach without the use of a nail gun and sticky tack 378
  • 15% - Other (comments, please) 144
960 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel

have never caused me any problems.

jnelson203

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson203

Should be cleaned out once a year.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I've never had one come off.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

mauimermaid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mauimermaid

They are not a problem. Don't understand the issue.

mccalgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mccalgal

Am I the only one that gets some twisted childlike pleasure from cleaning them??

baqui63

quality posts: 8 Private Messages baqui63

I'm in the "have never caused me a problem" camp and agree that they should be cleaned out at least once a year. (And now there are two more things on my to-do list: find dryer vent cleaning brush and use dryer vent cleaning brush.)

jaybee53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaybee53

Should always have a cap on them or you might find a dead bird inside the vent pipe.

jackie burns

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I think some people are confusing vent with filter.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

gholt121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gholt121

Never had an issue with mine. Easy on / easy off. Clean it out with the shop vac on one end and the air compressor on the other - works like a charm! (Yes, the exhaust vent hose, not the filter.)

Proud Woot!er since 2005.

FrostByte

quality posts: 14 Private Messages FrostByte

Also never had a problem.

eas56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eas56

I don't even own a dryer. I sold it, along with my Hummer, my air conditioner, and my television. They were a package deal for the return of my soul, and a drying rack.

cebii

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cebii

Someone in homewoot is projecting...

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Should be easier to remove & put back so we can clean the tube out (to prevent a fire). Or WOOT could offer up the Lint Lizard at a rock bottom price. I've heard that thing really does work well.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

SneezyKevinA

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SneezyKevinA

I don't have an issue with them.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

15 years, vacuumed once (5 years ago), no problem.

sbudnic1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sbudnic1

wat?

in-home dryers
[x] are a privilege!

monkopotamus9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkopotamus9

Don't cause problems when attached and secured correctly.

bifaerie79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bifaerie79

OH MY GOSH, I have struggled with my stupid piece if s*** dryer vent for so long. Landlord won't replace it. It's older than I am (33), full of holes, comes detached every other load and is SO DAMN SHORT I have to climb on the washer and snake down behind the dryer to "reattach" it (with massive amounts of heavy duty rip-your-skin-off duct tape), if you can call it that. At least I don't have to bring my clothes to the laundromat....right?

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut

Somebody at Woot have a smidge of a problem with a dryer vent, hmmm?

A dryer vent has never caused me a problem. If it ever came loose: SKIP THE DUCT TAPE. The vent air is HOT & will cause adhesive to fail sooner rather than later. Use a vent clamp and/or 2 sheet metal screws to hold the parts in place.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

Huh, I've always just used the normal hose clamp deals to put the vent hose on. I've probably hooked up 5 or 6 over the past 30 years and I've never had any come off that I can recall.

I've had to replace one that sprung a leak (I think someone dropped something on it, but I could never prove it!)

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

ombasha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ombasha

Never had a problem with them, but if you want to talk about washing machines that like to walk across the room that is a different story!

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug
fuzzypeaches wrote:Should be easier to remove & put back so we can clean the tube out (to prevent a fire). Or WOOT could offer up the Lint Lizard at a rock bottom price. I've heard that thing really does work well.

I second that emotion!

mgodawski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgodawski

u have problems with your dryer vents?

Give it to your child. he can figure it out.

--its the Shendy principle

amynance

quality posts: 6 Private Messages amynance

Staff

bifaerie79 wrote:OH MY GOSH, I have struggled with my stupid piece if s*** dryer vent for so long. Landlord won't replace it. It's older than I am (33), full of holes, comes detached every other load and is SO DAMN SHORT I have to climb on the washer and snake down behind the dryer to "reattach" it (with massive amounts of heavy duty rip-your-skin-off duct tape), if you can call it that. At least I don't have to bring my clothes to the laundromat....right?

This.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Are in fact, a widely overlooked fire hazard.

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati
eas56 wrote:I don't even own a dryer. I sold it, along with my Hummer, my air conditioner, and my television. They were a package deal for the return of my soul, and a drying rack.

Ha! Same here... But, I do make an exception for linens and throw them in the dryer.

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123
eas56 wrote:I don't even own a dryer. I sold it, along with my Hummer, my air conditioner, and my television. They were a package deal for the return of my soul, and a drying rack.

Did they throw the sanctimony in for free?

gmo1951

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmo1951

As a mentally impaired clown child, I resent, or is it resemble that remark!!!

Gary M Orlando Sr

rdjuras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdjuras

Never had any problems with them. Hmm... I wonder why they don't work for others.

rdjuras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdjuras
ombasha wrote:Never had a problem with them, but if you want to talk about washing machines that like to walk across the room that is a different story!

Or washing machines that eat my socks.

pansysmum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pansysmum

I have never had a problem with the vents on any of my dryers ever.