WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Panda-Friendly Towels and Throws

What's the first plant you think of when you think of towels and throws? That's WRONG! You think of the bamboo plant, and the 100% viscose fibers that are derived from it! And those viscose fibers are what make these super-soft snuggly stuff. Soft like a panda's belly. Don't test that description, though. You might lose an arm.

Quality Posts

dsorr111

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsorr111

I bought a couple sets of these recently, and they are very soft. They feel different than cotton towels I'm used to using, but they are sufficiently absorbent. I say they're worth a try at this price.

IggySorcha

quality posts: 6 Private Messages IggySorcha

I love bamboo fabric, but FYI, they are the opposite of "panda friendly" since pandas feed almost solely on bamboo to survive. Woot, do your research!

mom2hapakids

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mom2hapakids

Do they smell like grass when wet? I had a set of bamboo towels and while soft, they smelled like grass when they were being used. I don't know if it's just the set I have or all bamboo.

While grass is a nice smell, I don't particularly care for feeling like I'm rolling in it when I get out of the shower.

spacefox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacefox
IggySorcha wrote:I love bamboo fabric, but FYI, they are the opposite of "panda friendly" since pandas feed almost solely on bamboo to survive. Woot, do your research!

The type of bamboo often used for bamboo fabric is not the same species eaten by giant pandas. Still, made in China, so that's not ideal.

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey

Isn't viscose what used to be called rayon? How does it compare as a towel fabric to the traditional cotton?

goldfishmishy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishmishy

The black set of towels looks black+brown and the grey set looks grey+blue, but on the Pure Fiber website, they just look all-black and all-grey. Can anyone confirm color?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
goldfishmishy wrote:The black set of towels looks black+brown and the grey set looks grey+blue, but on the Pure Fiber website, they just look all-black and all-grey. Can anyone confirm color?

According to peeps in the know:
"Samples we received looked all-black and all-grey."

I'm just hanging out, really.

oldschoollion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oldschoollion
inkycatz wrote:According to peeps in the know:

so different. brand this offering? Pictures are of last offer brand, Nestin.

thenightisdark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thenightisdark
inkycatz wrote:According to peeps in the know:

What!? the picture is MISLEADING?!

Call the lawyers!!!

Seriously though, damn. I was looking forward to getting the 2 tone towels, not solid color.

msklzannie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages msklzannie

Interesting that the list price for the towels is posted here as $58 when they are listed for $51 on Pure Fiber's website (no mention of the lower price being a sale).

http://pure-fiber.com/towels

Total woot orders: 189
Bag o.f Crap: 12/25/2010, 1/25/2011, 6/15/2011, 11/9/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/3012, 4/26/2012

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge
msklzannie wrote:Interesting that the list price for the towels is posted here as $58 when they are listed for $51 on Pure Fiber's website (no mention of the lower price being a sale).

http://pure-fiber.com/towels

Either someone noticed the discrepancy and fixed it, or your eyes aren't working well. The link lists $58 for the bamboo towels and $51 for the cotton sets.