WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

KitchenAid Classic Cookware

No. Put it down. That pan is disgusting. You were using it during the Reagan administration, and it was gross then. Ok, yes, most things looked  gross during the Reagan administration but that's hardly the point. Pastels are a personal choice, right? The point is that you need new pans and, oh, hey, look! Excellent pans! What a coincidence!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
lhollan2 wrote:How about a little color to your cookware?
I'm just hanging out, really.

sarag693

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarag693

ooo staining sauce... what else could i want from sauce?

jimmclrk1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmclrk1
sarag693 wrote:ooo staining sauce... what else could i want from sauce?

It took me several minutes to realize that this is a STRAINING pot.

Long-Time-Woot-Stalker

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid
jimmclrk1 wrote:It took me several minutes to realize that this is a STRAINING pot.

No, I think they'd have fixed it by now if it was wrong.

angelcat00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelcat00

I do not need any more cookware, but if you had these in purple, I would have bought the whole set. I can't decide if I'm disappointed or relieved.

kickfroggy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kickfroggy
editorkid wrote:No, I think they'd have fixed it by now if it was wrong.

Or maybe they're leaving it up to keep the discussion going?

In any case I'm disappointed on the lack of KitchenAid Mixers in this lot.

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey

It looks like your best bet if you want a matched set of all the available pieces is going for red.
With that rubbery/Bakelite stuff on the handles, knobs, however, I imagine it probably isn't oven-safe. If there are any recipes you like which require starting something stovetop, then moving it to the oven to finish, you'd want to supplement these piece with an ovensafe skillet/"everyday pan" and Dutch oven (with metal lid knob).

smkonsdorf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smkonsdorf
catherinemcclarey wrote:It looks like your best bet if you want a matched set of all the available pieces is going for red.
With that rubbery/Bakelite stuff on the handles, knobs, however, I imagine it probably isn't oven-safe. If there are any recipes you like which require starting something stovetop, then moving it to the oven to finish, you'd want to supplement these piece with an ovensafe skillet/"everyday pan" and Dutch oven (with metal lid knob).

It says, "This deep skillet is oven safe to 400°F, perfect for recipes that finish in the oven"

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

Just gonna put in a product request that we get some accessories for Kitchen Aid stand mixers. I've been eyeing a few for ages (such as the ice cream maker) and it would be great if they turned up here sometime.

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
catherinemcclarey wrote:[snip]rubbery/Bakelite stuff[/snip]

Really, you're using Bakelite and rubber in the same thought? Bakelite is a hard plastic dating back to the turn of the last century, and rubber is...rubber. They really could not be more different.