quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How often do you bake?
  • 24.4% - Never, unless you count toasting Pop Tarts 308
  • 53.4% - Sometimes, when my sweet tooth takes over 675
  • 20.9% - All the time, because I’m Betty Freakin’ Crocker 264
  • 1.3% - Other (comments, please) 16
1263 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel

I'm a baker, so...yeah.

The DarkSide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages The DarkSide

My wife does the baking, the insurance won't cover a klutz husband in her kitchen.

bblhed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed

After almost 20 years of cooking (some years in restaurants)I had this woman move in and she has told me that I do not know how to cook or clean, also even though I showed her how to use a washing machine I have no clue when it comes to laundry either.

Who am I to argue?

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

If I want meat I gonna do everything from buying/killing it to serving it. If I totally desiccate it she'll eat a small portion, mostly I think to make me happy. (You Eat Meat, Gooooood.)

Everything else, she does. (Cake Gooood.)

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

I do the cooking, wife does the baking.

SallyRazo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SallyRazo

I only make sweet stuff when I entertain. I am , also,the family pie maker for holidays.

janse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janse

Does using the bread maker count?

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Whenever I want a pizza.

jjkehoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjkehoe

I am indeed Betty Freakin' Crocker. I love to bake things even more than I love eating them. Don't know why, I just find it relaxing. As a bonus, it keeps my family happy and my coworkers love me.

At my house last night. Husband says, "Um, what are you doing?" Me: "Making a grapefruit yogurt cake. Why, what do you do at 11:00 p.m.?"

thumperchick

quality posts: 245 Private Messages thumperchick

I bake, often starting at 9 or 10pm. My friends say that if I frost a cupcake before midnight, it loses it's magic.

I also bake gluten free, sugar free, and both. It's a bit of a challenge to relearn how those ingredients work together. Still, fun.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

Baking doesn't have to involve the sweet teeth. I bake ribs, fish, chicken, meatloaf and other food stuff a few times a week at least.

Generally if there's cakes or cookies in the oven, one of the kids or the wife is in charge of it.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

Pamini

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pamini

I got up this morning early to make a fresh coconut cream pie for husband to take to work. I sent him off with a covered, still hot pie, and a boatload of whipped cream to put on it later when it was thoroughly chilled. Bonus: I got to scrape the extra coconut custard out of the saucepan and eat it for breakfast!