2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

THESE ARE HORRIBLE RAZORS!

They clog way too easily, and don't retain an edge for very long.

that was fun while it lasted!

catastrophee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catastrophee

Condition: Refurbished.

ha jk.. this is just as cheap as the disposable ones I buy.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

The question is NOT "Who Knew?".

The question is... "Who will FIX him?"

;)

shadyninja

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shadyninja

I don't know why these get such a bad rap on here. I picked up one last time I seen them on here ( only because I had already unlocked free shipping)
I figured what the heck.
I used them with my normal shaving gel, and with a up and down movement they were able to remove my facial hair that had been growing. And get this.... no blood left my body.
I may buy 2 or 3 more tomorrow when I get to work.

penjo0in

quality posts: 2 Private Messages penjo0in

I would have to say the reverse of the above poster. I have used these for a daily shave and for removing a couple months growth, either way they work great. It takes a little getting used to, they don't take a tapping against the sink like some razors, but once you get used to it, and use soap and water (of course), they remain clog free and sharp for quite some time. Highly recommended.

dornjmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dornjmd

Blades aren't sharp... Maybe if nobody buys these woot will stop carrying them...

• Reininger Walla Walla Trio
  • Monkey Prize
  • Castle Vineyards Red Quartet X2
  • G Saké by SakéOne X2

Leslie14

quality posts: 77 Private Messages Leslie14

I bought the version for Women last week and it's already started to rust.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Bet I won't have to ask people for their feedback on this sale.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Dans505

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dans505

Bought these during a woot-off. The handle broke when I tried to change the blade the first time. Can't attach a new blade now.

[MOD: Contact Remington. I've heard good things from others that have contacted them. ]

whoag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages whoag

Bought these a while back and they suck so bad! More specifically, it's the way it's shape that makes it so Brony. Obviously, all razors miss a spot here but this just completely misses everything. I'm sure there's a technique to it but man...

wianthom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wianthom

These are te worst ever. I bought them about two weeks ago. I have spent this whole day trying to remember to send them back to W00T. Pure garbage these are. It's hard to make razor contact with your face. Very uneven shave.

alanhwoot

quality posts: 39 Private Messages alanhwoot

I'm also one of the few that doesn't have a problem with them. They're not the greatest shave I've had, but they're dirt cheap.

I don't have problems with them clogging. I do swish it in a sink full of hot water rather than under the tap, so that may make a difference.

bpr2

ThunderThighs wrote:Bet I won't have to ask people for their feedback on this sale.

You will have to beg/bribe us to buy 3 through ;)

fit410s

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fit410s

This razor only works if you use it in the shower and rinse it in the shower after each stroke

the blades are very fine and close so the hair gets stuck easy

audio111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audio111

They are terrible, definitely not worth buying. I agree with others; Woot, please stop carrying this garbage.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Can we beat the 214 comments from the last time this was offered?!?

Thread summary from last time: 214 different ways to say DON'T BUY THIS.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bpr2

VVVVVVVVV Q.P. VVVVVVVVVV

neuropsychosocial wrote:Can we beat the 214 comments from the last time this was offered?!?

Thread summary from last time: 214 different ways to say DON'T BUY THIS.

Ftwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ftwo
bpr2 wrote:THESE ARE HORRIBLE RAZORS!

They clog way too easily, and don't retain an edge for very long.

Exactly my experience too. These clog up after the first swipe of the razor.

Do not buy these razors if you have an actual beard. I think these might be fine if you only have a few patches of baby fuzz to shave off.

montcoman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages montcoman

they don't work. blades at too shallow an angle. in order to get a shave that even looks like a shave, I gotta pull against the grain--not good. I gave as gifts before trying-- embarrassing.

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69

Give up already. These are crap. Make them $1 already. Did Amazon stick you with a million units? Or as woot believes, the more you try to sell crap, eventually the fish will bite. Barnum said it best, a sucker is born every minute.

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69

You will get a better shave from your roomba.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3695 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Here's a video from Remington to hype us all up on this product

[MOD: Embedded video for you]

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
ThunderThighs wrote:Bet I won't have to ask people for their feedback on this sale.

Shoulda taken another day off!

Kanabis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kanabis

Obviously these are great razors or they wouldn't be called King of Shaves. Those who are complaing: Your Holding It Wrong!

sethrachelson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sethrachelson

It really disappoints me that WOOT continues to sell this crap, after all the negative reviews. Sometimes we take the risk of an item not turning out so well, but now I'm afraid Woot will sell anything.
I can use a disposable razor several times, but I can't even use these once!! Not at all! They are too bendy and the part below the blades sticks out so the blades don't cut my face.
I'd rather reuse a really old razor than try to manipulate this blade to work.
I bought 2 sets a while back to give one in a military care package, but now that I've tried them, that would be insulting!

eddjbishop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eddjbishop

I bought these from a similar site - and they are AWFUL... It must be a bad design because the blades are not close enough or angled correctly to give a close shave at all.. DO NOT waste your money....!!

wootmeharder

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wootmeharder

Ok, in all seriousness, can you give a reasonable explanation why, after overwhelmingly negative feedback, woot continues to sell what is clearly a poor product? Is that the new woot business model? Does customer satisfaction mean nothing to you? Or will you just delete my post and ignore this reasonable question?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wootmeharder wrote:Ok, in all seriousness, can you give a reasonable explanation why, after overwhelmingly negative feedback, woot continues to sell what is clearly a poor product? Is that the new woot business model? Does customer satisfaction mean nothing to you? Or will you just delete my post and ignore this reasonable question?

Generally, more people will take the time to post negative comments than positive.
We sell a lot of them.
Just because it's a repeat sale, doesn't mean they aren't selling.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cuddlyogre

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cuddlyogre

These are quite possibly the most useless things I have ever purchased.

In the rare instance they are sharp enough to cut through hair, they jam up so quickly it is impossible to continue without swapping the blade out.

I have gone back to the 2 bladed Walmart disposables because they do a much better job.

wootmeharder

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wootmeharder
ThunderThighs wrote:Generally, more people will take the time to post negative comments than positive.
We sell a lot of them.
Just because it's a repeat sale, doesn't mean they aren't selling.

Sorry, but that's a cop out. No decent product gets this much neg. feedback. And they are only selling to people who are not lucky to see the 90% neg reviews listed here. You are relying on the trust the old woot established by being responsive to its customers, and by being greedy, you will continue to destroy what once was a decent company. Customers are not an endless resource.

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe

Ill do this quick.

Bought them the first time, still using the first head.

Dropped it in the shower and the handle broke. Contacted Remington, they replaced it quick and I got some more blades.

Trick to shaving with these? Shave in the shower, and to clean the gunk out just wipe the blades on your arm/belly/whatever in the opposite direction. Works great, stays sharps, cleans quick.

funnypie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funnypie

literally horrible.... the angle that the blades are at just doesnt pick up any hair, sticking to my mach 3. mach 3 might be expensive but you get what you pay for

faultylogic83

quality posts: 2 Private Messages faultylogic83

They're not that horrible, you just need to keep rinsing. As far as the angle, I found it to be a helpful transition between cartridges to a safety razor.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

At least they work better than the PowerBalance wrist bands...

------------------
I Bet on Sky

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah

It would be easy for me to sign in here again and tell you that these suck.

"These Suck!"

See? That was easy but to be fair let me tell you why I think so. After watching the King of Shaves video, I decided to do my own scientific analysis and shaving comparison.

The shaver I compared it to is the Dixie Plastic Spoon. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/dixie-plastic-teaspoons-heavyweight-white-100-ct/186470.ip It was a close test, but the results were conclusive.

For Value, the plastic spoons cost just less than .04 cents each. The Remington is about .50 cents each. Dixie is 1200% cheaper than Remington.
WINNER: Dixie

For Ease of Use, the Remington has a nice feel but the shape is not very conducive to areas like just beneath the nose, eyebrow or taint.
The Dixie is lighter and as such, equally reactive and responsive in all areas that it was used.

For life cycle of product, the Remington on a light growth would last about a week. On a 2 or 3 day growth, it barely gets through the first shave. The Dixie spoon lasts indefinitely. I have yet to wear one out (except that time I needed to use it to get at my wife's Pineapple Chobani). Shhh, don't tell her.

Finally, on Closest of Shave, the Remington slightly edges out the Dixie plastic spoon. The Remington left my face with a few patches of untouched beard. The Dixie spoon was just a little less effective at removing unwanted hair.
WINNER: Remington

For value, ease of use and longevity, the Dixie Spoon is a much better razor than the Remington.

For closeness in shave, the Remington barely scrapes out a win.

Dollar for dollar, the Dixie Plastic Spoon is a much better shaving implement and I would certainly buy Dixie spoons to shave with long before spending another penny on these.

To summarize, my scientific experiment leads me to one result, "These Suck!".

honeybadger12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages honeybadger12

woot should just start giving one of these away for free with each purchase on woot.

rjhalsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjhalsey

Worst razor I have ever purchased! They clog really fast and are a pain to clean. I threw them away. Do not waste your money!

evalestguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evalestguy

My first post!!!
I like most things I've bought from woot/wine woot/home woot/sport woot/etc....
These are crap though. Takes twice as long to shave because of the endless tapping on the sink to get it cleared. I'm sure this in turn is ruining the blades quicker. I tried rinsing more often and using less shave gel, it helped a little. I still only get 2 shaves per cartridge and find myself going back over areas to get missed hairs.
They just suck and aren't worth any price... maybe free.

besosmom2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages besosmom2

I am going to say this again, These are amazing for me. I love the shave on my legs. There are a bunch of people against them, but us that have gotten used to them are happy with the price and the closeness.. So happy with my purchase..