WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Ruff-ing it Out

Your dog is a true pioneer. Whether it's rain, wind, or snow -- for years, your faithful companion has braved the elements to do such simple tasks as going to the bathroom. Reward your pooch for its hours of cold-weathered squatting with a brand new parka and a set of shoes. Sweet, sweet luxury.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ThunderThighs wrote:I wish I had video of Maisy, the corgi/dach mix, wearing a parka. The hood kept falling over her eyes and she'd bump into things. It was hard not to laugh. Heck, we laughed.
I'm just hanging out, really.

doodlewoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages doodlewoot

I wish they made them true to today's size dog. My little 22# terrier wears a large perfectly and I love how it fits her! I wanted to get our boys coats and snow makes such ice balls in their long goldendoodle coats, but there was nothing offered in XXL, which might (hopefully) fit them at 63 and 73 lbs. Big dogs need coats too!

[size=12][color=purple]doodlewoot[/color][/size]

hehthuryo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages hehthuryo

haha the red and white mesh shoes crack me up. Owner of the dog could buy a matching pair of shoes.

eudorrra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eudorrra

Shucks, looks like the smallest the two Camo options come in is size Small. I'd love to get one of these for our kitten Ghillie (named after Ghillie suits used in the Army, due to his striped patches). His "organic camo" isn't thick enough for him to be outside much over the winter.

ebam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebam

1- on items like this, it would be nice to have estimated breed guides alongside the items. My mom lives across the country and has a mini and a toy poodle. In general most products with sizes for dogs list sample breeds the sizes have in mind. would be useful for those of us unable to measure the dogs in questions.

2- As much of an advocate as I am about a pets.woot, I can't say i'm encouraged by the offerings on home- $40 dog bowls, beds just dying to be exploded about the house and ridiculous jackets?? how about some good reflector leashes/harnesses? high quality toys? non-explosive beds? high end treats? good litter boxes? automated laser pointers?

If you had a westpaw deal, i'd be in for 3, hack my husband's account, and be in for 3 more!
just saying....

inkycatz

ebam wrote:1- on items like this, it would be nice to have estimated breed guides alongside the items. My mom lives across the country and has a mini and a toy poodle. In general most products with sizes for dogs list sample breeds the sizes have in mind. would be useful for those of us unable to measure the dogs in questions.

2- As much of an advocate as I am about a pets.woot, I can't say i'm encouraged by the offerings on home- $40 dog bowls, beds just dying to be exploded about the house and ridiculous jackets?? how about some good reflector leashes/harnesses? high quality toys? non-explosive beds? high end treats? good litter boxes? automated laser pointers?

If you had a westpaw deal, i'd be in for 3, hack my husband's account, and be in for 3 more!
just saying....

Thank you for these suggestions!

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh

So... if I get the blue one... I get the dog in the picture too, right?

inkycatz

tsukitensh wrote:So... if I get the blue one... I get the dog in the picture too, right?

Alas, it's a bring your own dog offer.

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh
inkycatz wrote:Alas, it's a bring your own dog offer.

Aww...

sprchkr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprchkr

Thank you for posting this! I have a pit puppy that is 40# and is shivering when I walk her right now...not much of a fur coat! Bummed I can't get one of these! But glad you posted so I didn't waste my time! :o)

doodlewoot wrote:I wish they made them true to today's size dog. My little 22# terrier wears a large perfectly and I love how it fits her! I wanted to get our boys coats and snow makes such ice balls in their long goldendoodle coats, but there was nothing offered in XXL, which might (hopefully) fit them at 63 and 73 lbs. Big dogs need coats too!

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee
eudorrra wrote:Shucks, looks like the smallest the two Camo options come in is size Small. I'd love to get one of these for our kitten Ghillie (named after Ghillie suits used in the Army, due to his striped patches). His "organic camo" isn't thick enough for him to be outside much over the winter.

It's just as well. Cats not silly muffy dogs. Thought I mention since you have a kitten and perhaps you don't know that yet. It would be humiliating for them to wear those coats and boots. Yes, I know, it seems they would look terribly cute in them. But I wouldn't try it.
If you do not heed my advice, and decide to try to put one of these on a cat anyways. Keep a big box of bandaids on hand.

mudhen1960

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mudhen1960
ceagee wrote:It's just as well. Cats not silly muffy dogs. Thought I mention since you have a kitten and perhaps you don't know that yet. It would be humiliating for them to wear those coats and boots. Yes, I know, it seems they would look terribly cute in them. But I wouldn't try it.
If you do not heed my advice, and decide to try to put one of these on a cat anyways. Keep a big box of bandaids on hand.

And make sure you have your video camera out- I wanna see that on the you-tubes!!

mhitchner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhitchner

Big dogs get cold too! I was disappointed that none of the coats are available in larger sizes. My pitty is 62 pounds and needs at least an XL - and he is generally considered a "medium" sized dog. The coats are cute, get more sizes!

ChristinaTX

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ChristinaTX

I measured my dogs for coats the last time these were for sale and I thought I got pretty close.

I bought my 7lb chiweenie a medium and my 14lb doxipoo a large. They have bigger chests so usually smaller coats don't close around them.

Both were too big. The medium fits the doxipoo instead and the large fits my 20lb mini schnauzer.

The boots are too funny. The chiweenie kept walking backwards in them. They are very warm and cuddly. They say dry cleaning only though which is a bummer for a pet item.

I ordered a small for the chiweenie because she's a tiny thing and needs a coat more than the other 2 do.

talon4x4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages talon4x4

Wish more sizes were offered. The medium would never fit my 18lbs Puggle.

talon4x4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages talon4x4
ebam wrote:1- on items like this, it would be nice to have estimated breed guides alongside the items. My mom lives across the country and has a mini and a toy poodle. In general most products with sizes for dogs list sample breeds the sizes have in mind. would be useful for those of us unable to measure the dogs in questions.

just saying....

These are great suggestions!!!! I have 3 dogs, 2 cats and a saltwater fish tank. I would love to see a pet.woot

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak
talon4x4 wrote:Wish more sizes were offered. The medium would never fit my 18lbs Puggle.

Same here. Nothing will fit my 86 lb catahoula with his 34 inch chest and 2.75 inch wide feet.

Yes I took a ruler to my dog's feet. He would have suffered those blue boots today (it's 0 F right now).

shakethesheets

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shakethesheets

another vote for pet.woot!

cupcakelazers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cupcakelazers

Yes! I second all of the griping for bigger sizes... Big dogs rule!

Then again, my mastiff is small for her breed at 130 pounds with her 3 and a quarter inch feet, so I'm not holding my breath for anything on here that will fit my poor girl.

EDIT: Also, I totes agree with the creation pet.woot. I would have no more paycheck. My landlord would kick me out on the street with my pile of dog/cat items and screaming monkeys.

karisk81

quality posts: 7 Private Messages karisk81

Dogs wearing booties...

http://youtu.be/LXwjvcgDDEw

P.S. I tried to embed the video, but Woot didn't like the code generated by youtube...

breaddrink

quality posts: 20 Private Messages breaddrink

Oh wow. These are awesome.

Nothing says evil inhumane tortured soul like the movements of a dog trying to remove clothing!

They're a Halloween mask away from killing half an onlooking neighborhood from pure unadulterated terror.

sharpster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharpster

Are these diameters or circumferences listed on the size chart?