Poll: Have you ever been married?
  • 22.6% - No, but I hope to be. 611
  • 44.6% - Yes, I am now. I love it! 1207
  • 4.4% - Yes, I am now. I hate it! 118
  • 8.5% - Yes, I was. I feel free! 229
  • 3.5% - Yes, I was. I feel sad. 94
  • 5.5% - Not on paper, but in our hearts, yes. 150
  • 2.9% - Some other answer I’ll add in the comments. 79
  • 8.1% - I lead an alternative lifestyle so your fascist definition of “marriage” doesn’t fit me and my twenty-two sister-wives. Get off my land. 218
2706 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

lola1704

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lola1704

I got a divorce after finding out my husband was gay. They should really have a whole separate category for spouses like me, but instead I'll be forever labeled as "divorced" and not "no really, he lied to me about being gay, what was I supposed to do, stay married to him?"

mhaha520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhaha520

Need a category for: Outlook Uncertain. Good, single, gay men are hard to find in the DC-area...

bklyn248

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bklyn248

How about "no, and I like it that way!" as an answer option.

mhaha520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhaha520
bklyn248 wrote:How about "no, and I like it that way!" as an answer option.

Amen.

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek

45 years and counting...and counting...and counting.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

jodawng

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodawng
lola1704 wrote:I got a divorce after finding out my husband was gay. They should really have a whole separate category for spouses like me, but instead I'll be forever labeled as "divorced" and not "no really, he lied to me about being gay, what was I supposed to do, stay married to him?"

Dang, that really would be a whole separate poll! I am so sorry you were deceived and betrayed. I only hope your life now is getting better all the time. You certainly have it coming to you!!
God bless!!
Jo

sethweese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sethweese
mhaha520 wrote:Amen.

Got to throw in another AMEN !!! on that

maraich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maraich

Exactly!!

Don't believe in marriage. I consider it a form of slavery.

ceagee

quality posts: 58 Private Messages ceagee

Thank you

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

Yes, I'm married. Do I hate it? No. Do I love it?????? Sometimes? I'm glad I did it, but I think people who LOVE being married are taking drugs.

pourthebubbly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pourthebubbly

That'd be my choice!

sushiserv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sushiserv
mjc613 wrote:Yes, I'm married. Do I hate it? No. Do I love it?????? Sometimes? I'm glad I did it, but I think people who LOVE being married are taking drugs.

Almost got married, found out he had a shiteload of debt. Peaced out.

danieiielee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danieiielee

Yes, for 10 years until my husband went home to Heaven from a brain tumor. Miss him and being married.

kvkennemer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kvkennemer

No, and it's for the best. I can't imagine wanting to marry anyone who would want to put up with me.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 58 Private Messages Thirdbase9
sethweese wrote:Got to throw in another AMEN !!! on that

Don't forget a "Praise the Lord!!!"

I don't know.

jjinfl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjinfl

I was married for 13 unlucky years. Emotional abuse and the ex's repeated affairs ended our marriage, and I felt wonderful after I broke it off. I have two loving adult children and grands, and I've never regretted the decision. Freedom and self-respect are worth way more than material things, and life is too short to remain in a bad marriage.

larsont7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages larsont7
mjc613 wrote:Yes, I'm married. Do I hate it? No. Do I love it?????? Sometimes? I'm glad I did it, but I think people who LOVE being married are taking drugs.

Sorry to hear that. I love being married (11 years and counting), and AFAIK, I don't take any drugs. Just gotta find the right person and realize marriage is about giving instead of receiving.

Unfortunately, self-sacrifice is a dying art in this country.

You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can never please a Wooter during a Woot-off.

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

I felt relief after the first divorce and sadness after the second. Hopefully, 3rd time will be a charm

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll
maraich wrote:Exactly!!

You have a point because the "Honey Do" list from a wife is unending!

jonathanluu2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jonathanluu2
larsont7 wrote: Just gotta find the right person and realize marriage is about giving instead of receiving.

This. A mystery not all can comprehend.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser
larsont7 wrote: Just gotta find the right person and realize marriage is about giving instead of receiving.

I agree. First wife was all about her. Second wife is my partner in life. Almost 22 years of togetherness, kids and cheesiness.

zelgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zelgar

Previously, yes, and regretted it. Currently, yes, and happy with it. If time three comes around, I might dig my eyes out with a spork.

sboa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sboa

Married for 10 years to practice husband. Divorced. Met a fella online, lived together for 13 years before marrying just before his first surgery for brain surgery. Married for just about 11 months before he passed from brain cancer. :-( Miss him terribly.

kayakgirl418

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kayakgirl418

Going on our honeymoon today! Happily, excitedly married :-)

clydaho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clydaho

Another vote for "no and I like it that way." It's great to be single!!

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Married nearly 35 years. After all that time I think I have experienced every emotion listed here. But the pluses far outweigh the minuses.

Buysharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buysharp

I understand. We'd been HS "sweethearts" and suddenly after almost 10 years he's in love with a man. say what? We're good now, though.

lola1704 wrote:I got a divorce after finding out my husband was gay. They should really have a whole separate category for spouses like me, but instead I'll be forever labeled as "divorced" and not "no really, he lied to me about being gay, what was I supposed to do, stay married to him?"

Buysharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buysharp

We weren't exactly married. It was one of those back in the days of common law but because we were still legally residents of one state but living in another... who knows.

shanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shanda

I agree! If you haven't, the only option is but I hope to be?

yellowhorse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowhorse
larsont7 wrote:Sorry to hear that. I love being married (11 years and counting), and AFAIK, I don't take any drugs. Just gotta find the right person and realize marriage is about giving instead of receiving.

Ditto. I give 110% and he gives 110%. Works great when you find someone who can do that instead of screwing you over. He was well worth the wait!

bsanf3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsanf3

No, not if I can help it.

dymongoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dymongoose

Engaged to be married this summer! Very much looking forward to it.

jojodaclown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jojodaclown

My wife and I were friends with a couple that ended up like that. They were married 2 years, and one day he told her he likes it when a guy drives the shuttle to brown town. They separated, but didn't divorce for a few years... I think it was because of grants they were getting for school.

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

Ha! Your concept of marriage must be very different than mine. My wife and I are equal partners in our relationship. Sometimes she defers to me, sometimes I to her. We have our areas of expertise and it works really well for us. The fact that monogamy prevents STDs is a real bonus...

maraich wrote:Exactly!!

drpoulin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drpoulin
jojodaclown wrote:he likes it when a guy drives the shuttle to brown town.

You're hilarious and you seem to know it. Yeah.

Meanwhile, Woot, why are you fishing?

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

According to the anti-gay crowd, yes.

Moueska

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Moueska
drpoulin wrote:Meanwhile, Woot, why are you fishing?

Suddenly, I want to know who set up the poll. ;D

Not that it matters, since I'm married.

parkcm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parkcm
sushiserv wrote:Almost got married, found out he had a shiteload of debt. Peaced out.

Same here... got a clue when he asked with no ring and couldn't save enough to get me a crackerjack ring but what a nice new spoiler he had!

theduchess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theduchess

39 years this August...2 wonderful children...would I do it again..I'd be a lot older when I did and live a little. That is my advice to my wonderful daughter (20). Have a career first. I've been very lucky.