WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Eat it up. Yum.

"Get your elbows off the table." "Slow down, this isn't a race." "Stop scraping your teeth across that fork." "That's not how you hold a knife!" "You disappoint me." Welcome to my every meal from ages 5 through 18. Now you know why I eat alone. In the bathtub. With my fingers.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

That's a lot of "flatware". Spoons aren't really flat though. Am I over thinking this?

I'm just hanging out, really.

asianglow

quality posts: 2 Private Messages asianglow
inkycatz wrote: Am I over thinking this?

i think mikasa is over thinking the importance of tea spoons... 16/set!

nvaine

quality posts: 63 Private Messages nvaine
asianglow wrote:i think mikasa is over thinking the importance of tea spoons... 16/set!

That makes for 8 teaspoons and 8 dessert spoons. I'm a slob and I'll happily stir my tea then eat my ice cream with the same spoon, but I'm a lousy example.

/fish heads, fish heads, roly poly fish heads...

rakeris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rakeris

I bought one of the 58 piece sets last time, and I am very happy with it. The flatware is nice and heavy and looks great.

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane
nvaine wrote:That makes for 8 teaspoons and 8 dessert spoons. I'm a slob and I'll happily stir my tea then eat my ice cream with the same spoon, but I'm a lousy example.

I actually wish they were selling packs of just teaspoons. My husband is the Death of teaspoons; we're down to two, and i keep one on my desk, away from him.

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

joolzie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages joolzie

Fish heads!

nvaine

balisane wrote:I actually wish they were selling packs of just teaspoons. My husband is the Death of teaspoons; we're down to two, and i keep one on my desk, away from him.

Check Goodwill. You won't get a matched set, but you can buy teaspoons by the truckload.

chessofnerd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chessofnerd

Comment from WootBot: "A good set of flatware isn't just nice. It's almost required! Are you gonna serve your grandmother Thanksgiving dinner with a plastic spork?"

Its things like this that make me think Woot.com doesn't understand it's customer base very well.

Debelli

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Debelli

Hmmm...I thought the Mikasa 18/0 was a typo after seeing the Windsor brand, and knowing that what I currently have is 18/10...I learned something new...

http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/restaurant-equipment-supply-marketing-articles/understanding-restaurant-equipment-and-supplies/commercial-flatware/the-difference-between-1810-and-180-stainless-steel-flatware/c27835.aspx

eclectus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eclectus

Mark? is that you? I can SEE you holding your fork (and spoon) like the handlbars of your Big Wheel! No wonder you're single - AGAIN! Where did I go wrong? (OK, maybe that's not the best question to ask at this juncture...)

eclectus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eclectus

WMF is the silver standard. I love my WMF pans and flatware. And I'm a bicky pitch.

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages BuffBillsFan

I thought it was "Eat 'em up. Yum" or possibly "Eat them up. Yum."

Of course, the WootGods might be aware of this, and are simply avoiding a potential copyright issue...

bpowers5833

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bpowers5833
balisane wrote:I actually wish they were selling packs of just teaspoons. My husband is the Death of teaspoons; we're down to two, and i keep one on my desk, away from him.

Sounds like he may have a heroin problem. Missing or burnt spoons is usually a key warning sign lol!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
nvaine wrote:Check Goodwill. You won't get a matched set, but you can buy teaspoons by the truckload.

But then they won't stack nicely in the drawer. I can't be the only one who doesn't like playing pickup sticks when reaching for flatware.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Billy Mumy. Will Robinson. Babylon 5's Lennier.

Fatkaboo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatkaboo
chessofnerd wrote:Comment from WootBot: "A good set of flatware isn't just nice. It's almost required! Are you gonna serve your grandmother Thanksgiving dinner with a plastic spork?"

Its things like this that make me think Woot.com doesn't understand it's customer base very well.

That made me laugh, but it is oh so true...

Fatkaboo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatkaboo
Debelli wrote:Hmmm...I thought the Mikasa 18/0 was a typo after seeing the Windsor brand, and knowing that what I currently have is 18/10...I learned something new...

http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/restaurant-equipment-supply-marketing-articles/understanding-restaurant-equipment-and-supplies/commercial-flatware/the-difference-between-1810-and-180-stainless-steel-flatware/c27835.aspx

Great call. I saw the WMF sets (with 18/10) first, and my eyes tricked me into reading 18/10 for the Mikasa sets. It in fact is 18/0...

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

blanked wrote:But then they won't stack nicely in the drawer. I can't be the only one who doesn't like playing pickup sticks when reaching for flatware.

not to deter you from buying our fine wares, but what you've cited is the very reason why i own a hanging flatware set.
(more drawer space is nice, too.)

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

nvaine

blanked wrote:But then they won't stack nicely in the drawer. I can't be the only one who doesn't like playing pickup sticks when reaching for flatware.

True. Mismatched spoons won't stack neatly. No spoons don't stack neatly either. Given the options, I'd rather have something, at least.

calculush1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages calculush1
joolzie wrote:Fish heads!

Yay! I'm so glad that someone else got this! My favorite line is,

"I took my fish head to the movies. I didn't have to pay to get him in!"

<3

math is music

bringitonhome

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bringitonhome

(They don't play baseball. They don't wear sweaters. They're not good dancers. They don't play drums!)

I am so wishing these would last until the 30th so I could afford a set.

Burning question: What sorts of plates go best with WMF flatware?

maxikyd

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maxikyd
joolzie wrote:Fish heads!

THANK YOU!!! That was EXACTLY my first thought.

ldkoehler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ldkoehler

Oh man. I just got 2 sets and one of the sets has the wrong large forks in it. They don't match the rest of the flatware or the large forks in the other set. Flatware drawer disaster.