WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Stuff you don’t use much: basement, attic or shed?
  • 26.9% - Basement. 515
  • 24.5% - Attic. 468
  • 14.1% - Shed. 270
  • 9.5% - Yard sale. 182
  • 15% - Mom’s house. 286
  • 10% - That lake I can walk to under cover of darkness. 191
1912 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bejacques

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bejacques

Garage. Or, as we more commonly refer to it, "The Pit of Despair".

NCalebWard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NCalebWard

Goodwill, Craigslist or eBay...not a packrat here.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Garage....then once a year we have a yardsale...if it doesn't sell, I put it on the street for the pickers. Sometimes I'll go ahead & put it on the street just for the thrill of watching the pickers come by. Gee. I guess I need to get a life.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

cebii

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cebii
fuzzypeaches wrote:Garage....then once a year we have a yardsale...if it doesn't sell, I put it on the street for the pickers. Sometimes I'll go ahead & put it on the street just for the thrill of watching the pickers come by. Gee. I guess I need to get a life.

ditto

facemeetpavement

quality posts: 0 Private Messages facemeetpavement

woot always forgets about cities. what about storage unit as an option?

bunchesmcguinty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunchesmcguinty

Charity shop. But I have to add...no such thing as basements where I live. Must be nice.

aboucher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aboucher

All of the above?

lavakris

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lavakris

Garage. I'd love an attic, shed or basement... then I wouldn't run over my George Foreman grill.

moose123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moose123

Garage,shed, and '79 VW Bus.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

By basement you mean swimming pool? Go 6 ft deep here and hit the water table. You left out junk room and garage.

knn7496

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knn7496

Goodwill or company intranet classifieds site, my colleagues will buy anything it seems!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

Garage, as long as it is wrapped up, or the spare bedroom.

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
bejacques wrote:Garage. Or, as we more commonly refer to it, "The Pit of Despair".

Thanks for the laugh! I will propose this to hubby as the name for our garage. I selected attic, but we don't have much of one. Most of the excess boxes are in the garage. Occasionally we go hunting through the stack for something we haven't seen since our move nearly two years ago. We dream of cleaning it out, but it's hard to find time that isn't supervised by our 2.5yo.

dootsie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dootsie

Base...ment? Attic? Shed what, exactly? What are these strange things? Inquiring apartment dwellers want to know.

Everything is either dropped off at my mom's house or pushed into an unsuspecting corner where it will collect dust for months to come.

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

I put it in the garage and then list stuff for the local college kids. Sell it to them or give it away. We don't really have as much turn over with stuff anymore now.

geekypanda13

quality posts: 4 Private Messages geekypanda13

I donate it to a no kill animal shelter for their annual yardsale to raise money for their animals.

Please support my husband's wootwatcher that he programmed. He is Active Duty Air Force and in college for programming. He made this because I couldn't find a woot watcher that was simple, and searched keywords. So he made it for us to use, but you will love it! Also Mobile Friendly now! with super refresh times!
~Thank you for your support!~
http://simplewootwatcher.com/

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61

We live in Florida,so no basement.I know you have heard of a junk drawer,well we,aaaa wife has a junk ROOM!!!full of crap,and I mean FULL!!She says she knows everything that's in there,I wanted to get a storage unit,but she said noooooooooooo she likes her stuff where she can get to it,ya right!! the crap has not moved in ten years!!!LOL,OOOO and we have a junk drawer also.

dymongoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dymongoose

Don't have a basement or a shed. My attic is very difficult to get into. My junk lands in my spare bedroom.

ariellem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ariellem

Fake tree, sleds, & shovels: attic (access in the garage)
Messy & outdoor stuff: garage
Rest of seldom-used stuff: basement

Sorting & decluttering time: endless

tons o' screaming monkeys (yay!)
almost no Box of Cobwebs in the past few years (boo :-< )