0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

sdkammer

quality posts: 29 Private Messages sdkammer

Have several sets of these...use them for chips, cereal, crackers, candy, nuts...all kinds of stuff. They work great and fit in the cabinets...what more could you want?

Highly recommend...

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
bluejester wrote:Whew! I was afraid I wouldn't make it in time:

... Relevant.

XD

scottman54

quality posts: 34 Private Messages scottman54

Wow, a 3 piece set that still counts the container and lid together as 1 piece. Not like those other shyster container companies.

pfinlaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pfinlaw

You better put "snacks not included" or some stick in the mud lawyer might come after you like an 11" subway sandwich!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pfinlaw wrote:You better put "snacks not included" or some stick in the mud lawyer might come after you like an 11" subway sandwich!

ROFL

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

happypuppy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages happypuppy
pfinlaw wrote:You better put "snacks not included" or some stick in the mud lawyer might come after you like an 11" subway sandwich!

Heh. Nice. Just in case anybody is confused...

sdc100

quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100

Love these. Great for my arthritic mom. The lids open easily with one finger and snaps back airtight just as easily. The glass containers are very easy to clean, and the lids aren't too hard to clean either, although there are some crevices. The silicone seal comes out easily for cleaning. Although meant for dry foods, I've also used them for soups. My biggest criticism is the rounded dome lid. Although it looks nice, the rounded shape won't allow you to stack anything above. When refrigerator space is at a premium, stacking is common.

Love them so much, I just ordered 3 more sets.

sdc100

sdc100 wrote:Love these. Great for my arthritic mom. The lids open easily with one finger and snaps back airtight just as easily. The glass containers are very easy to clean, and the lids aren't too hard to clean either, although there are some crevices. The silicone seal comes out easily for cleaning. Although meant for dry foods, I've also used them for soups. My biggest criticism is the rounded dome lid. Although it looks nice, the rounded shape won't allow you to stack anything above. When refrigerator space is at a premium, stacking is common.

The largest container is usually used to make homemade yogurt. Simply fill the container with warm milk and put in a few tablespoons of plain yogurt as starter. Then snap tight the container and put in a warm area. The top of my cable box was warm enough in the past but the biggest Snapware container is too large to warm with such little heat so I use a heating pad. Simply wrap the container with the pad and turn on low. In about 8-15 hours, you'll have a canister of gooey yogurt. The longer you wait, the thicker and tangier the yogurt. You can strain it for a thicker creamier Greek style yogurt. Don't waste the liquid whey. A Scandinavian study showed that it has health benefits, including fighting diabetes.

The yogurt tastes great with jam and fresh fruits, or diluted with milk for a smoothie.

You can save a few tablespoons of this homemade yogurt as starter for the next batch. This should work for a few generations before the cultures become too weak to continue.

PS - many recipes recommend that you sterilize the container first. I'm too lazy to do so, but if you do, simply pour boiling water over the canister and lid.

arwarkentien

quality posts: 3 Private Messages arwarkentien

I bought 3 sets of these when they were $13.99, another 3 sets when the price dropped to $10, and i just sold my soul for 3 more sets. They clean easily. Only caveat is the rounded lids which prevent stacking. Much like the bodies, I am running out of places to hide these...

fit410s

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fit410s
arwarkentien wrote:I bought 3 sets of these when they were $13.99, another 3 sets when the price dropped to $10, and i just sold my soul for 3 more sets. They clean easily. Only caveat is the rounded lids which prevent stacking. Much like the bodies, I am running out of places to hide these...

just to clarify, when you bought them before was it 13.99 and 10 bucks for 3 jars and lids just like this before? So this is the best price you've ever seen for this?

erskinelake

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erskinelake

Thanks..I was wondering if they stacked, I didn't think so but glad you confirmed. But for the price....what to do what to do. I have several birds so these would be good to store all their dry foods but counter / closet space is an issue.

sdc100 wrote:Love these. Great for my arthritic mom. The lids open easily with one finger and snaps back airtight just as easily. The glass containers are very easy to clean, and the lids aren't too hard to clean either, although there are some crevices. The silicone seal comes out easily for cleaning. Although meant for dry foods, I've also used them for soups. My biggest criticism is the rounded dome lid. Although it looks nice, the rounded shape won't allow you to stack anything above. When refrigerator space is at a premium, stacking is common.

kclifford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kclifford

I only wish the largest canister held a 5 lb bag of flour---it doesn't. They are still the best containers I have found. I have 2 sets, and tempted to get another. (it's so comforting to know there are other "canister nuts" out there!)

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose

I don't know if these are actually air tight but they do seal very well and without much effort (no burping required :-}. I have a dog treat container (basically the large one offered here, but with black paw prints all over it) and it seals well. We did get ants in the pantry and it kept them out.

EDIT: (I just read that as "ants in the pants", LOL)

mkrauss123

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mkrauss123

Every time I buy these, my wife says "can we get more?"

These are perfect for storing flour, sugar, etc.

sdc100

fit410s wrote:just to clarify, when you bought them before was it 13.99 and 10 bucks for 3 jars and lids just like this before? So this is the best price you've ever seen for this?

ABSOLUTELY. I got them first when they were $13.99 and thought it was a bargain even then (since I already paid $5 shipping for something else that day). If you look elsewhere, i.e. Amazon, you'll probably see that just one container will cost more than $6.99.

notsomuch

quality posts: 6 Private Messages notsomuch

YES!

I have been baking my own bread instead of buying that store bought stuff, and have been amassing a collection of potato flour, oats, wheat berries, powdered milk, etc. etc. etc. and my canister collection was starting to get a little pricey. IN for 3!!

Now with the money I saved on this deal, I'm going to hop on over to wine.woot and snag 3 of those chocolate winey balls.

It's like Wootopia today.

Once you go Mac, you never go back.

hawaiijeno

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hawaiijeno

I bought these last time they were on here at about $10 for the set. They're easy to clean and are perfectly sized for storing bird seed, treats and pellets for my cockatiel. They are great for storage for any small animal's food and supplies.

tkrueger15

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tkrueger15

I had bought these a couple weeks ago for $11 a set. Wish I would have waited

Lucy78

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Lucy78

Holy Cow, $25.37 per set over on Amazon (but hey, free shipping over $25).....So I'm in for 3 sets here!
I'm also running out of places to hide all the knives, Pyrex sets (arrived yesterday) and now these canisters until next Christmas for gifts....poor me huh?

zipstertorch

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zipstertorch

Grabbed 2 sets at $13 and now it's a triple play at this price. Great for cereal and snacks, for sure! Would make a great display jar to float a brain in some formaldehyde too. JK

tehbrando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tehbrando

Can anyone confirm these are airtight and leak-proof? Been having trouble finding actual airtight canisters lately

weshardee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weshardee

Bought these before and loved them. In for 2 more. Only negative, as others have pointed out, is that they don't stack.

bluedreams

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluedreams

This might just be the first woot that I jumped on and bought three!

zipstertorch

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zipstertorch
tehbrando wrote:Can anyone confirm these are airtight and leak-proof? Been having trouble finding actual airtight canisters lately

As far as dry goods. The cereal, nuts, and snacks I keep in them stay fresh. Never had an issue. Seem to seal good by just shutting and snapping the lid.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

Would somebody who has these already please provide the diameter of the openings?

I have some Ikea jars, which are great except the opening is too small for some scoops & measuring cups. Wondering if these might be better.

jelliebaby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jelliebaby
tehbrando wrote:Can anyone confirm these are airtight and leak-proof? Been having trouble finding actual airtight canisters lately

According to the manufacturer's info on Amazon these are airtight and leak proof.

3-piece set includes one each: 4.5-cup, 8-cup, and 11.5-cup gals canisters with matching white plastic lids
Easy open flip top lids
100% airtight and leak-proof
Large opening for easy scooping
Dishwasher safe
Plastic lids are BPA free
Limited 3 year warranty

(They're also $25.37 + S&H on Amazon..exactly same set per specs and photo on the box which is the same as Woot is showing.)

briannanoob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages briannanoob
hawaiijeno wrote:I bought these last time they were on here at about $10 for the set. They're easy to clean and are perfectly sized for storing bird seed, treats and pellets for my cockatiel. They are great for storage for any small animal's food and supplies.

They're also great for storing small animals, although you wouldn't wan to close the airtight lids if you want the animals to live.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

The "I Want One" button is pulsing. These are about to sell out.

In for 3. At this price, it's worth it to be wrong about the size.

briannanoob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages briannanoob

I am a volunteer haberdasher and these are great for storing tampons and condoms too. We keep them in the guest room as well as the kitchen.

sdc100

I store soup in them and turned the canister over to make sure nothing drips out and nothing did. There is a removable very snug silicone gasket so I trust it.

sdc100

CatCK wrote:The "I Want One" button is pulsing. These are about to sell out.

In for 3. At this price, it's worth it to be wrong about the size.

THANKS for the warning. Was gonna wait until this afternoon but because of your alert, I just ordered 3.

sdc100

CatCK wrote:Would somebody who has these already please provide the diameter of the openings?

I have some Ikea jars, which are great except the opening is too small for some scoops & measuring cups. Wondering if these might be better.

Don't have them here but I can tell you that I have elephant hands and they fit in with no problems for scooping and cleaning the canisters.

I believe every lid is identical.

bonibaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonibaru

Missed it! cryface

angelwings083

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelwings083

Bought 3 of these, and prompted my mother to buy a couple sets as well for her and my grandmother! I will find great use with these for protein powder, sugar, flour, all sorts of things. Can't wait to get them!

Kacia

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Kacia

I only got 2 sets. With all the good comments, I feel like I should've gotten 3! :D

emreynolds74

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emreynolds74

WHY WHY WHY are these sold out? I needs them!

tehbrando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tehbrando
sdc100 wrote:I store soup in them and turned the canister over to make sure nothing drips out and nothing did. There is a removable very snug silicone gasket so I trust it.

Ah okay, excellent. Thanks!

Thank you jelliebaby and zipstertorch for your info too!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

NOTICE OF MULTIPLE PACKAGE SHIPMENT

Hey all, just wanted to let you know that these items will likely ship in separate packages. Fret not. Give it a couple days for everything to show up.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mickeymouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mickeymouse

Got mine today, ordered 2, shipped in 1 box. They are great, now I'm sorry I only ordered 2!