WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

The Vacuum Between Us

It's a common situation these days. He loves she, she loves he, but they also love … the vacuum. Our tip to any happy couple? Don't let it come between the love, but rather, let it be an EXPRESSION of love. A vacuum should bring you closer together, not keep you apart.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ROGETRAY wrote:I have NEVER ever, ever seen the Dyson handheld vacuums. Anyone with previous experience with these care to comment?
I'm just hanging out, really.

snowkitten

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snowkitten
inkycatz wrote:

I bought one of the Dyson handhelds last time. Love it! It does a fantastic job. Mine came with the extension tools which is handy for our hard wood floors. Honestly my only complaints would be that the trigger doesn't lock and the container is a little small. You'll find you reach the line and go past it very quickly. Highly recommend them though.

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin

I have the Dyson DC35 Digital Slim handheld from a previous woot, and a DC39 Animal canister vac from Dyson's 25% off Black Friday sale this year. Neither of which is for sale here, but they're both great vacs.

The DC35 is great for small jobs or small rooms. The size of the hand unit (essentially the size of a large cordless drill) makes it a bit awkward to use as a car vac, though.

The DC39 Animal is able to suck more crap out of my carpets than any other dry vac I've yet tried. My Hoover SpinBrush wet vac still gets some gunk out of the carpet after a thorough going over with the DC39, but I would expect a wet cleaning solution to be able to do that. The dirty water in the SpinBrush though isn't anywhere near as foul after using the Dyson as it was after using my old Hoover upright.

Woot is selling different models today than what I own so YMMV, but Dyson seems to make a pretty quality product to me. (And at the price they're charging, they better!)

ktrenholm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ktrenholm

Well I'm pretty tired of dragging out the big vac do do a quick once-over of my desk area and whatnot.
I'll give the DC34 a shot.

ionh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ionh

Any experience with the DC33?

ThreeT320

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ThreeT320

What's with the guy on the stairs?

I've never understood that picture whenever they sell these vacuums, but they always have it.

What is this one shot informing me of? - To show scale? To demonstrate that a full grown man can carry one? That this particular vacuum has a penchant for right angles?

filbie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages filbie
ThreeT320 wrote:What's with the guy on the stairs?

I've never understood that picture whenever they sell these vacuums, but they always have it.

What is this one shot informing me of? - To show scale? To demonstrate that a full grown man can carry one? That this particular vacuum has a penchant for right angles?

I think maybe it's because the stairs are the bane of most people who vacuum.

I think it's supposed to show how the vacuum fits on a stair and to give some inference to how easy or hard it would be to use said vacuum on said stairs.

/$0.02

MGilg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MGilg

REALLY?!?!? I just bought the DC33 YESTERDAY during the Woot-off for $229.99 $30 more?

For those that were asking, My wife (and I) love the DC33. We bought a referb 5 years ago from Woot. It it worked great until my daughter got ahold of it. I really don't like the Ball-type ones, it seems to much of a gimmick. But, the DC33 works great.

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin
filbie wrote:I think maybe it's because the stairs are the bane of most people who vacuum.

I think it's supposed to show how the vacuum fits on a stair and to give some inference to how easy or hard it would be to use said vacuum on said stairs.

/$0.02

If you've got a lot of stairs to vacuum, you'd probably be better off with a canister-style vac, anyway. They're a lot easier to maneuver on stairs since you don't have to drag the entire vacuum up (or down) to each stair. You'd only have to move the motor/canister once or twice depending on the length of the hose and the wand.

ceagee

quality posts: 65 Private Messages ceagee

HotAirHarry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HotAirHarry

Love the small handheld vac, but be prepared when the battery dies (although this takes a while and lots of use). The replacement battery costs more than I paid for the whole brand new vac at Costco!

Spottydog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spottydog

Darn it! I'd have jumped on this. I received the Woot mail at 10:09 PM, and it's already sold out at 10:19 PM. Yeesh!

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

It looks like the only difference between the DC31 and CD34 handhelds are 1) color 2) "animal attachment" (snicker), and 3) $11 more for the purple animal 34 version than the yellow regular 31 version. This attachment alone costs around $90 + sh. at Kohls or $78 w/ sh. at Dyson, so this DC34 was another one of those unusually great deals that sold out uberfast and warrants MORE Dyson Sales on Woot in spite of the whiners who complain of excessive vacuums here. The sales stats suggest they only sold 6 of these this time around. This "get 'em while they last" notion is why I wish we could pre-order items that come around often but sell out in minutes. I gotta have a purple one to match my purple upright.

chadncrys

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chadncrys

I just bought the dc40 animal from costco (upright ball) and have used my parents' dyson dc30 - personally I felt like the ball won in regards to suction, especially on hard floors. I love the Ball! I was skeptical for sure, but I was SHOCKED at what came out of the carpet after first use. Gross. Also when comparing the ball and the traditional looking dyson - I felt the ball had a certain weight that felt like it was appropriate to clean the fibers of the carpet and the other not so much. Surprised me. Not heavy - just a good weight so it doesn't feel like you're gliding across the top of the carpet fibers. I got the deep clean feel with my Ball. I wish I had two Balls - one for upstairs one for down - just because they are so fun. ;)

glennnnie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages glennnnie
chadncrys wrote: I wish I had two Balls...just because they are so fun. ;)

How does this not rate Quality Post?

covert0p5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages covert0p5

Should I get the DC33 or the DC41? Can anyone with experience with either weigh in on this?

kent3tv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kent3tv

I've had 2 Dysons, and they are pretty awesome. Does Woot get the refurbished Dysons directly from Dyson??

Goosedude

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Goosedude

There is a great replacement battery that lasts even longer than the original OEM Dyson battery....and at 35$....you can't beat it....

Not sure if its still available but here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TNDR0Y/ref=wms_ohs_product

HotAirHarry wrote:Love the small handheld vac, but be prepared when the battery dies (although this takes a while and lots of use). The replacement battery costs more than I paid for the whole brand new vac at Costco!

-------------
WOOT! WOOOOT!!

glitch130

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glitch130

These are great! We use a few DC31s at my work all the time. They hold up well with 140 employees using them off and on.