WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Gettin Handy

As a person who loves pushing buttons, I was thrilled to see all of the button-pushing opportunities for sale here. After all, I love pushing buttons, but if I don't get some diversity in the buttons I push, I wouldn't know what to do. I can't wait to get my hands on one of those LED flashlights!

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

What's been your favorite DIY project?

I'm just hanging out, really.

feliphilia

quality posts: 6 Private Messages feliphilia

The compressor alone--at least what appears to be the same one--is $173.49 w/free Prime shipping at Amazon, and it has mostly good reviews. So this looks like a pretty decent buy. Boy would I love to have one of these--I'm really really tempted.

http://www.amazon.com/Porter-Cable-C2002-WK-Oil-Free-Compressor-Accessory/dp/B000N5UHK0/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1359044412&sr=1-1&keywords=porter+cable+air+compressor+scfm

comma

quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma

They're still trying to sell that right angle driver. If only it came with a battery...

jonathanluu2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jonathanluu2

Fav. DIY project is building a shelf with hooks on the underside so I could put pots on the top and hang my smaller pans and skillets vertically next to the wall.

Also, the flashlight seems to check out accurately. I am not certain on the actual lumens out the front, but 4Watts for 22hrs is about right for 3 C batteries. I am not sure if this flashlight regulates the voltage to maintain a uniform brightness through the burntime. It would be nice to see a "trubo" but having 2 settings is good. Cant find too much info on the light otherwise.

blackholeinacan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackholeinacan

Home Depot sells the air compressor with a few combo sets. Another two-tool combo that has the same finish nailer and a different brad nailer (can handle longer nails) is $250: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-203468120/h_d2/ProductDisplay

A combo with only the brad nailer (same nailer as this deal) is only $180: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202502437/h_d2/ProductDisplay

Both of those combos include the air hose and carrying case, although the two-tool one also includes 100 nails for each nailer (as opposed to Woot!'s 500 nails). Neither of these combos include the safety goggles. So, if you're just looking for an air compressor and a brad nailer for smaller moldings, you'll get it cheaper from Home Depot. If you're looking to do some heavier molding installation, this is the better deal.

Also, a brad nails vs. finish nails overview: http://www.senco.com/Documents/Tips/1.pdf

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

@Wootbot - thanks for not writing "Nailer? I hardly knew her!"

------------------
I Bet on Sky

orionfike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orionfike

DIY projects eh? I really enjoyed building custom PC's. That is until "the hacker" showed up. Now I find myself booting into Parted Magic or UBCD and attempting to learn BASH, CMD and Emacs. Not as much fun as it use to be, no not really...

I have to say that fixing up my 96 Land Rover Discovery has taken top billing. I haven't done auto mechanics work since well... since I couldn't afford a mechanic back in the late 80's. It's been fun so far, except that time it quit running and left me stranded in Taft for 3 days...stupid electric fuel pump...we're still not on full speaking terms over that incident.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
miken927 wrote:@Wootbot - thanks for not writing "Nailer? I hardly knew her!"

I'm sure they had to save something for the community to bring up.

I'm just hanging out, really.

scipper77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scipper77

I have that compressor and nailer combo and it is fantastic. You could add a framing nailer, air gun, and tire inflator (I have).

I also have tried to use this with an air ratchet, impact gun, and hvlp paint sprayer. There is just not enough output to support any of these but after abusing it with these over demanding tools it still works just fine.