Poll: A second house:
  • 14.2% - A wise investment. 253
  • 14.8% - Only good for vacations. 263
  • 37.7% - Assuming you find good tenants, sure! 672
  • 25.7% - A waste. Make the one you’ve got better. 458
  • 5.8% - A great status symbol! 104
  • 1.8% - Some other answer I’ll put in the comments. 32
1782 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bdsmonkey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdsmonkey

A *second* house? I'm still working on obtaining a first house!

bblhed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bblhed

If it's in the state of Florida good luck getting insurance at a reasonable rate if you don't live there 6 months a year.

Citizens sucks!

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

I work about 100 miles from where I live and wouldn't mind picking up a small second house to stay at during the week. Moving closer would be nice, but there are some obligations holding my family at the primary residence where it is.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

entouragevol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entouragevol

I can barely afford the one.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

For many people, what they paid for one house a few years ago will today buy two.

luluism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luluism
RWoodward wrote:For many people, what they paid for one house a few years ago will today buy two.

In New York, it's the reverse, depending on where you live.

My family member bought property many moons ago for about 35k. It's worth about 335k now. The same goes with lots of architectural beauties in the city, like brownstones. They're ridiculously priced now--depending on the neighborhood again, some of those homes start generously at 750k, but most of them are listed in the mills. It's really crazy in New York, and I'm pretty sure in any other major city it's the same song.

a04971xx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a04971xx

super cool

ceagee

quality posts: 61 Private Messages ceagee

they are nice for your good friends and family to have in beautiful places to invite you to visit them : )

vigaglumr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vigaglumr

My family pooled resources and got a cabin near the Canadian border. It's a great place to get away from the city. Now we have to get away from each other back in the city.

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

Have to agree with finding good people to live/rent it. I wont ever do that again. @_@

bunchesmcguinty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunchesmcguinty

My goal is to eventually acquire a few rent houses. Great income where I live . But I'm a real estate agent...its my job!