WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Wallace 45pc Flatware Set-2 Styles

Speed to First Woot:
3m 51.999s
First Sucker:
glindagw
Last Wooter to Woot:
Jjones4100
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 36% of Home Woots
Bottom 48% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 15% of Home Woots
Top 36% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 9% first woot
  • 7% second woot
  • 27% < 10 woots
  • 28% < 25 woots
  • 28% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 9% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 10% one year old
  • 77% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 91% bought 1
  • 8% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

6%
4%
2%
1%
1%
2%
5%
11%
10%
7%
2%
4%
6%
6%
4%
2%
4%
4%
4%
3%
2%
1%
4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3135 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Customers at Overstock.com are hot and cold with the continental classic

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Wallace-Continental-Classic-45-piece-Flatware-Set/5919261/product.html

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:Customers at Overstock.com are hot and cold with the continental classic

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Wallace-Continental-Classic-45-piece-Flatware-Set/5919261/product.html



That's the 18/0 set. We are selling the 18/10 set. Much better.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gimgim


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gimgim

Set on Overstock is 18/0. The issue seems to be that it's advertised as 18/10 (same here?)

[MOD: Ours are 18/10. See actual box image above.]

lstaff


quality posts: 199 Private Messages lstaff

Them there hammered forks, spoons and knives look awfully perty!!!!

readymade


quality posts: 19 Private Messages readymade

I understand the the need for a small spoon but I never understand the need for a small fork, it seems the small fork lobby is very powerful in the cutlery industry and hence we dutifully trot out 5 piece settings.

I got something better than luck.

gimgim


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gimgim

In for 1 set, I love 18/10.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

readymade wrote:I understand the the need for a small spoon but I never understand the need for a small fork, it seems the small fork lobby is very powerful in the cutlery industry and hence we dutifully trot out 5 piece settings.



Salad fork. I remember that what my parents gave me to use when I was young but beyond the kiddie fork. I did the same with my son.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kmartind


quality posts: 38 Private Messages kmartind
ThunderThighs wrote:That's the 18/0 set. We are selling the 18/10 set. Much better.


Agreed that 18/10 is better quality, but does Wallace seriously sell a "Continental Classic 45 Piece" set in 18/0 and another "Continental Classic 45 Piece" set in 18/10? That's id1otic from a product branding point of view. (or perhaps that's why they ended up on Woot!)?
The Overstock site actually has both 18/0 and 18/10 listed in different places in the specs for the same product but at least one reviewer confirmed that the actual pieces they received from Overstock were stamped 18/0, while the Woot! packaging photo above clearly says 18/10. So it does sound like Wallace may have actually produced the same set in two different variations at some point.

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3135 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

124.99 at macys.com

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/wallace-flatware-18-10-continental-classic-45-piece-set?ID=672502

rockdave


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rockdave

Bought the classic set about a month ago here for $80. I'm very impressed with them thus far. They feel very high-quality. They're heavy, the tines on the fork don't bend easily, and the finish is brilliant. I'm happy I went with these rather than the cheaper sets at box stores that sell for about the same price.

Note, however, that this silverware is BIG. The salad forks are the same size as the traditionally-sized dinner fork, and the soup spoons are as big as traditionally-sized serving spoons.

mnkycmkydu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnkycmkydu

After getting burned by Woot on a flatware purchase that was sold at a substantial discount shortly thereafter, I'd hesitate to buy anything again from this site.

lhowson77


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lhowson77
rockdave wrote:
Note, however, that this silverware is BIG. The salad forks are the same size as the traditionally-sized dinner fork, and the soup spoons are as big as traditionally-sized serving spoons.



Thanks, rockdave, for a quality comment. This information is what allowed me to make a decision rapidly (I'm out, unfortunately, b/c I'm sized smaller than average).

Mod, give him a Quality Post!

maverick13


quality posts: 2 Private Messages maverick13

I bought the hammered set a while ago and am very pleased with them. They look great and I have not had any issues with them rusting or looking dull. I would recommend them

pamtha


quality posts: 12 Private Messages pamtha

For those (like me) that didn't get the "measuring in teaspoons" reference. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Love_Song_of_J._Alfred_Prufrock

Wish this coordinated with my existing set, as my kids have lost nearly all of my teaspoons.

Marceneiro


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marceneiro

From the Overstock page:

Materials: 18/10 PREMIUM STAINLESS STEEL

A bit confusing.

mcbusts


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcbusts

Where are these made? China?

bchelberg


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bchelberg

Seriously, Woot? Look at that sales map: Minnesota! Every time I buy a T-shirt, MN is always one of the biggest buyers. We are the #1 state for this sale, which I was happy to take advantage of. When is there going to be a local.woot for the Twin Cities? We're making you rich - you should give a little back!

offgridmanpolktn


quality posts: 6 Private Messages offgridmanpolktn

Thankyou for providing the picture of a box. However it leads me to wonder why it wasn't posted on the sale page as WOOT used to do with a majority of their sales? Also if this is why WOOT is selling them on clearance, due to mislabeled boxes, as was opined previously

gimgim wrote:Set on Overstock is 18/0. The issue seems to be that it's advertised as 18/10 (same here?)

[MOD: Ours are 18/10. See actual box image above.]



ThunderThighs


quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mcbusts wrote:Where are these made? China?



Yes, they are made in China.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

offgridmanpolktn wrote:Thankyou for providing the picture of a box. However it leads me to wonder why it wasn't posted on the sale page as WOOT used to do with a majority of their sales? Also if this is why WOOT is selling them on clearance, due to mislabeled boxes, as was opined previously


That box shot came about as a discussion during the first time these were offered and confusion from the Overstock listing.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ToejamFootball


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ToejamFootball

Well shoot. Just saw this today and was going to order the hammered set. They are sold out though. Anyone want to sell me theirs?

ToeJamFootball

csheehy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages csheehy

[quote postid="5325476" user="kmartind"]Agreed that 18/10 is better quality, but does Wallace seriously sell a "Continental Classic 45 Piece" set in 18/0 and another "Continental Classic 45 Piece" set in 18/10? That's id1otic from a product branding point of view. (or perhaps that's why they ended up on Woot!)?
The Overstock site actually has both 18/0 and 18/10 listed in different places in the specs for the same product but at least one reviewer confirmed that the actual pieces they received from Overstock were stamped 18/0, while the Woot! packaging photo above clearly says 18/10. So it does sound like Wallace may have actually produced the same set in two different variations at some point.[/quote
Most of the flatware companies seem to do that and some make them in all 3-18/0, 18/8 and 18/10. I had the Oneida camlyn set for over 5 years in 18/10. I thought I would get another set as backup for pieces that go missing. I ordered a set advertised as 18/10 but was actually 18/8. The difference was striking. My 5 year old abused set looked wayyyy better. I returned it. I spent an unreasonable amount of time researching flatware and shopping for patterns. ONLY buy 18/10. By the way WMF flatware sold recently by woot is a really good brand of 18/10 also.

csheehy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages csheehy

Also do not use 'LEMON" dishwasher detergent. They put citric acid in there which will dull the finish.... A friend of mine ruined her new flatware. A lot of the "natural' dishwasher detergents contain citric acid--maybe all of them. Read the label and avoid.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ToejamFootball wrote:Well shoot. Just saw this today and was going to order the hammered set. They are sold out though. Anyone want to sell me theirs?





That was terrible, I'm sorry. But only a little.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ToejamFootball


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ToejamFootball
csheehy wrote:[quote postid="5325476" user="kmartind"]Agreed that 18/10 is better quality, but does Wallace seriously sell a "Continental Classic 45 Piece" set in 18/0 and another "Continental Classic 45 Piece" set in 18/10? That's id1otic from a product branding point of view. (or perhaps that's why they ended up on Woot!)?
The Overstock site actually has both 18/0 and 18/10 listed in different places in the specs for the same product but at least one reviewer confirmed that the actual pieces they received from Overstock were stamped 18/0, while the Woot! packaging photo above clearly says 18/10. So it does sound like Wallace may have actually produced the same set in two different variations at some point.[/quote
Most of the flatware companies seem to do that and some make them in all 3-18/0, 18/8 and 18/10. I had the Oneida camlyn set for over 5 years in 18/10. I thought I would get another set as backup for pieces that go missing. I ordered a set advertised as 18/10 but was actually 18/8. The difference was striking. My 5 year old abused set looked wayyyy better. I returned it. I spent an unreasonable amount of time researching flatware and shopping for patterns. ONLY buy 18/10. By the way WMF flatware sold recently by woot is a really good brand of 18/10 also.



All the research that I have done, says that there really is not difference between 18/8 and 18/10. So confusing.. oh well, they sold out of the pattern I wanted anyway.

ToeJamFootball

csheehy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages csheehy

I also read that there is not much difference between 18/10 and 18/8. However, I had a 5+ year old set of Oneida Camlyn in 18/10. I purchased a new set that was 18/8. You could tell the difference side by side. You would think that the new 18/8 would have blended in with old 18/10--but not so. I asked someone else to look at it and they picked the old stuff as "new". Flatware is not something you replace often--unless pieces are missing (buy at least 2 sets) or they get bent or show rust spots. My flatware is over 10 years old now and still looks new and shiny. I stand behind the suggestion to only get 18/10. If you can't afford it right now..save up.

katieboop


quality posts: 2 Private Messages katieboop

I have a question to flatware aficionados. I have regular, plain old, bought-at-Walmart, cheap flatware. Over time it has developed a really strong "metallic" smell/taste and I'm looking to replace them. Will this fancy 18/10 flatware set not do that?