WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Kitchen Essentials: Romance Through Cooking

Nothing interrupts a cook's mojo like not having the necessary kitchen instruments when cooking a meal, so we stay stock up, buy one of everything, and be fully prepared. After all, what's worse than not being ready when the time is ripe to froth some milk?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I think Lodge should have painted our ! logo green. Would have looked great with all the other colors in this event. Except those coffee makers. Who let them in here?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pokatink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pokatink

I can't believe the L&L are already sold out! I missed it within 15 min. Ugh

gambrinus2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gambrinus2

The Lodge dutch oven is cheaper at amazon: http://home.woot.com/offers/lodge-8qt-camp-oven-1

Also, I can't imagine taking that camping considering it weighs 22 lbs, but my version of camping tends to involve hiking...

webgenie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie

Don't worry the L & L are not sold out...wait till the day after the next Woot Off and buy them for another 25% off over the Woot Off price...even though they said it was sold out!

Makes no sense to me...

So far that's $7 extra dollars (in only 24 hours) you tricked me out of during Woot Off..Woot...Good Job! You have learned well from your Corporate Amazon masters!

Next time I know better!

Fool me once....Woot Off's are no indication that it is a sale price...Just a gimmick to get more out of your wallet.

What happened to honesty in advertising?

From now on I wait till the "After Woot Off" sale!

jelliebaby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jelliebaby

This is one time I'm glad L&L are sold out. Mine seem to multiply in the dark of night and in the cabinets like lil bunnies...they're taking over my kitchen and moving into other rooms................hellllp!

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick

Hey, the woot "!" skillet is $5 off from previous sales.

Also, I am eyeballing another pyrex set, but only need the 3 smallest sizes... Hrm...

fjp999

quality posts: 14 Private Messages fjp999

Anyone have experience with:

Krups GVX1 14 Burr Grinder?

My neighbor needs one desperately!!! I got him into freshly ground beans & I have generously given my time (and grinder time) for his beans but he really wants his own but is on a family budget!

I have owned Krups in the distant past but wonder about their build these days.

Thanks

ThunderThighs

Staff

gambrinus2 wrote:The Lodge dutch oven is cheaper at amazon: http://home.woot.com/offers/lodge-8qt-camp-oven-1

Also, I can't imagine taking that camping considering it weighs 22 lbs, but my version of camping tends to involve hiking...

Not cheaper now!

Now, go buy 3.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jsw777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsw777

The Plum colander is $12.33 on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Reston-Lloyd-Quart-Colander-Plum/dp/B005EON3OC/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1359178536&sr=1-1&keywords=Reston+Lloyd++3+Quart+Colander

HenryIX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HenryIX

Put the Lodge 12" cast iron lid for sale at a decent price to go with all the Woot skillets you have sold

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye
fjp999 wrote:Anyone have experience with:

My neighbor needs one desperately!!! I got him into freshly ground beans & I have generously given my time (and grinder time) for his beans but he really wants his own but is on a family budget!

Thanks

I too would like to know about the grinder. Want and need one but am on the fence.

MSUandUGA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MSUandUGA
mrsjhaye wrote:I too would like to know about the grinder. Want and need one but am on the fence.

Check out the reviews on Amazon. Out of 429, 150 of them are only one star, 82 are two.

http://www.amazon.com/GVX1-14-Grinder-Selection-Stainless-Conical/dp/B0001I9R8C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359260194&sr=8-1&keywords=Krups+gvx1

dukelosai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dukelosai

DO NOY BUY THE PYREX STORAGE FROM WOOT! MY ORDER CAME AS A BOX OF SHATTERED GLASS, AND TRIED CUSTOMER SERVICE. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL. BUYER BEWARE.

fjp999

MSUandUGA wrote:Check out the reviews on Amazon. Out of 429, 150 of them are only one star, 82 are two.

http://www.amazon.com/GVX1-14-Grinder-Selection-Stainless-Conical/dp/B0001I9R8C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359260194&sr=8-1&keywords=Krups+gvx1

Read some of those... most dont know anything about coffee grinding - giving one or two stars for it being too noisy (if your grinder is silent ya got a REAL problem) or that the grind coming out has some static on the container (even with anti-static claim) - these all have some static *especially during winter... all you do is give it a few taps against the sides before taking the container out and no mess!

Was hoping to hear from recent purchasers. Most 5 star users say they have had theirs for many years and have had no issues... problem is Krups may have changed some things so - anyone just buy this thing?

ThunderThighs

Staff

dukelosai wrote:DO NOY BUY THE PYREX STORAGE FROM WOOT! MY ORDER CAME AS A BOX OF SHATTERED GLASS, AND TRIED CUSTOMER SERVICE. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL. BUYER BEWARE.

Sorry for the problems with the Pyrex. Shipping issues happen periodically with glass items. I've emailed customer service from this end so they can assist you. Also, be sure to check your spam folder for a response. We end up there quite a bit.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dukelosai wrote:DO NOY BUY THE PYREX STORAGE FROM WOOT! MY ORDER CAME AS A BOX OF SHATTERED GLASS, AND TRIED CUSTOMER SERVICE. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL. BUYER BEWARE.

Woot Member Services has replied to your email this morning and assisted you with resolving this issue.

Thank you for your patience with this matter and let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

Has not been my experience. I got broken glass and Woot! really went the extra step to get me happy.

Got this set last time, and NO rattling!

steve

recentis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recentis
thumperchick wrote:Hey, the woot "!" skillet is $5 off from previous sales.

Also, I am eyeballing another pyrex set, but only need the 3 smallest sizes... Hrm...

Sams Club is selling practically the identical one except instead of two, 7 cups there are a couple more 4 & 3 cups I think. Plus it's 20 pieces instead of 18, all for 5 dollars less at 14.91 even with shipping it comes out as 5 bucks cheaper. I feel stupid cause I found it after I bought one from woot...

bresha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bresha
recentis wrote:Sams Club is selling practically the identical one except instead of two, 7 cups there are a couple more 4 & 3 cups I think. Plus it's 20 pieces instead of 18, all for 5 dollars less at 14.91 even with shipping it comes out as 5 bucks cheaper. I feel stupid cause I found it after I bought one from woot...

you just blew my mind

I was at sams club yesterday and saw the set you are talking about but for WHATEVER reason didn't look twice at them and bought the pyrex set on here today (it was the shipping, I had already bought something else and though heck why not these!) however I'm going to get rid of all my plastic stuff and go glass... so I'll be buying the sams club set as well

THANK YOU!

fjp999

fjp999 wrote:Anyone have experience with:

Thanks

Nevermind!

I lent him my ancient grandmothers handgrinder (kinda looks like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Aztec-A22-Rosewood-Manual-Grinder/dp/B00110GJ8K/ref=pd_sim_sbs_k_4 ) ... It is crazy adjustable and makes a perfect/very consistent grind. If he likes this hand grinder then will suggest he gets his own wooden box type or Japanese glass bottle type.

They do take some work but lasts decades and what else ya gonna do while watching tv?

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
HenryIX wrote:Put the Lodge 12" cast iron lid for sale at a decent price to go with all the Woot skillets you have sold

Get a 7 quart Lodge Dutch Oven, not the camping version, but the home version. It will come with the exact same lid. If you get the 5 quart one, that lid fits the 10.25 inch skillet.

Don't ask how I know. After all, I have 2, "!" 12 inch skillets, and 2 more, without the Woot! logo. (I think one of my Woot! skillets has an "i" on it.) :D

steve

paulw1128

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulw1128
fjp999 wrote:Read some of those... most dont know anything about coffee grinding - giving one or two stars for it being too noisy (if your grinder is silent ya got a REAL problem) or that the grind coming out has some static on the container (even with anti-static claim) - these all have some static *especially during winter... all you do is give it a few taps against the sides before taking the container out and no mess!

Was hoping to hear from recent purchasers. Most 5 star users say they have had theirs for many years and have had no issues... problem is Krups may have changed some things so - anyone just buy this thing?

Got one for Christmas - seems good so far, but my first experience with fresh ground coffee. Grind seems consistent, adjuster doesn't unwind itself, no complaints so far

Had some issues with beans not feeding well to start with, until I realised I'd left the brush in the hopper when I packed it to bring it home! It's been fine since, although the feed could definitely be steeper.

Plastic receiver does get a bit staticy, but it's not terrible - would consider anyone complaining about it to be a whiner at this price!

wait - I did a quality post? When?!?

fjp999

paulw1128 wrote:Got one for Christmas - seems good so far, but my first experience with fresh ground coffee. Grind seems consistent, adjuster doesn't unwind itself, no complaints so far

Had some issues with beans not feeding well to start with, until I realised I'd left the brush in the hopper when I packed it to bring it home! It's been fine since, although the feed could definitely be steeper.

Plastic receiver does get a bit staticy, but it's not terrible - would consider anyone complaining about it to be a whiner at this price!

Thanks for that paulw, neighbor decided to go with the hand crank already... but will look out for this in the future!

Just tap the container with a spoon or something and the staticy grinds should drop down.

Glad you are happy with the grinder ***and thanks for the review. Maybe the other wooter will see this and grab one before it leaves Woot tomorrow.