WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

A Lot of Chocolat

You COULD move to France and start up a candy shop, getting many of locals to fall in love with you for your chocolatiering skills, or you could just buy a bunch of chocolate from here and eat it all.

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Be still my heart. It's Candy Basket salted heaven. Just come attach yourself to my hips. You know you will anyway.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

BelyndaG

quality posts: 17 Private Messages BelyndaG
ThunderThighs wrote:Be still my heart. It's Candy Basket salted heaven. Just come attach yourself to my hips. You know you will anyway.

So does this candy explain your name?

Holy moly! As if the Fleur de Sel weren't temptation enough!

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

Why? Why? I just resisted the othe day, but now you have all of these amazing selections??? Of course I have to try them

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

ThunderThighs

Staff

BelyndaG wrote:So does this candy explain your name?

Holy moly! As if the Fleur de Sel weren't temptation enough!

Let's just say that it will reinforce it.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gina3graces

quality posts: 38 Private Messages gina3graces

TT, thanks for putting this on blast on the Caramels page. I rushed on over faster than a chicken crossing the road as an 18-wheeler is beating down its path. Bam! Bam! Bam! Like that! 3 times! 3 boxes! So fast like a blind fury! Gimme them chocolates!

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid

It's complement, people! If I had a nickel for every time Woot made this mistake, I could afford these.

elvo123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elvo123

Wouldn't have bought 4 boxes of the plain and dark chocolate caramels if this was up earlier. Nonetheless, in for at least 1 each of the others.

Bione

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Bione

It would be great to know what's in each assortment. Also, the "specifications" page for the assorted salted collection is completely inaccurate. The collection includes "milk chocolate peanut butter cups" yet there is no mention of peanuts in the ingredients list.

Sadly for those of us who love peanuts but are unable to indulge, this is important information...

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

GAAHHHHH. Is it possible to hate you people and love you people at the same time!?!

I did restrain myself by buying only 1 box of the salted assortment. That's all I need.

kmartind

quality posts: 38 Private Messages kmartind
elvo123 wrote:Wouldn't have bought 4 boxes of the plain and dark chocolate caramels if this was up earlier. Nonetheless, in for at least 1 each of the others.

Don't you see? That was Woot's dastardly plan all along. To increase thigh circumference and cholesterol levels while simultaneously decreasing wallet contents, all by any means necessary. I wouldn't be surprised if they listed yet another set of chocolates again this week.

mecarmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mecarmom

what the what?!?! droooool...
How does one resist?
Woot, you gotta just put all the varieties in one option so I don't have to feel so guilty going through and clicking 'buy' 4 times! I did it this time...but who knows about next time...

coreopsis79

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coreopsis79

Has anyone tried this brand of chocolate? Is it like Godiva, Lindt, etc.?

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven

Just a little confused-- The Caramel Assortment (non-salted)-- The picture clearly shows something with White Chocolate, but the assortment doesn't mention anything that's white chocolate. Does it include white chocolate pieces or not?

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I just wanted to let you guys know, that I feel like I am somewhat responsible for these offerings. In a recent offering I suggested to Kipi at the Candy Basket that we need some variety boxes with all of the various offerings they have given to us. While these ones do not include the peppermint ones, they appear to be great assortments, and Kipi sure delivered!

I am probably going to spend way too much on this chocolate, because it is awesome. I believe that the truffles offered here are new to woot. I have tried the Cabernet truffles which I received directly from Candy Basket and they are absolutely fantastic. I still have some of the Stout truffles that I have yet to try, but I will give them a try tonight and report back. I do see that the truffles are a little higher priced, but they are definitely worth it, and I will be purchasing some. I would so that anyone with the means, should purchase ALL of these. I am in for at least two boxes, and I still have to boxes of the salted caramels untouched at home.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
CatCK wrote:GAAHHHHH. Is it possible to hate you people and love you people at the same time!?!

Every day, friend. Every single day.

North316 wrote:I just wanted to let you guys know, that I feel like I am somewhat responsible for these offerings.

Are you also responsible for this?

We just can't get enough.

I'm just hanging out, really.

haydensmommy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages haydensmommy
Bione wrote:It would be great to know what's in each assortment. Also, the "specifications" page for the assorted salted collection is completely inaccurate. The collection includes "milk chocolate peanut butter cups" yet there is no mention of peanuts in the ingredients list.

Sadly for those of us who love peanuts but are unable to indulge, this is important information...

Hello, I'm with The Candy Basket and indeed you're right the specs are listed incorrectly for "The Salted Assortment"! There are peanuts as well as pecans in this assortment and a bunch of other not so important ingredients ;)
We notified the Woot! team to have this corrected.

Thanks for Wooting!!

haydensmommy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages haydensmommy
jezebelseven wrote:Just a little confused-- The Caramel Assortment (non-salted)-- The picture clearly shows something with White Chocolate, but the assortment doesn't mention anything that's white chocolate. Does it include white chocolate pieces or not?

Hello,

It does include White Chocolate Caramels sprinkled with Himalayan Salt! Delicious!! The Woot! team must have already ate all of those out of their sample box prior to typing their description!! The specs are listed correctly though

Craig234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Craig234

"It does include White Chocolate Caramels sprinkled with Himalayan Salt!"

OK. Now, what is the difference between 'Himalayan Salt' and 'Sea Salt' and 'Salt' - is there one taste test where people tell the difference and say 'yum, Himalayan!'?

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808
Craig234 wrote:"It does include White Chocolate Caramels sprinkled with Himalayan Salt!"

OK. Now, what is the difference between 'Himalayan Salt' and 'Sea Salt' and 'Salt' - is there one taste test where people tell the difference and say 'yum, Himalayan!'?

1) I'm assuming the *non-salted* ones do not have the Himalayan salt.
2) Himalayan Salt is more granular and crystalline, since that's where it comes from - a big honkin' rock of the stuff.

Fleur de Sel is made of delicate almost fluffy crystals, formed by evaporation of sea water, and it's just the top layer that's scraped off from the top of evaporation ponds before it gets heavy and sinks. You get more impurities from the air, which is why some people get a "floral" taste from it.

Sea salt is a bit denser, since they are the crystals that sank to the bottom or when no Fleur de Sel is harvested.

Sea salt is similar to kosher salt, except that kosher salt is simply sea salt from eons ago that is mined.

Think of Fleur de Sel as "fresh" kosher salt. :-)

Then the various colored/flavored salts are from an area where the impurities of that location infused into the salt are what gives it that characteristic. e.g. "black lava salt" from Hawaii or "Sel Gris" from France or smoked salt.

Postal1398

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Postal1398

This makes me sad because payday is Friday, which is more than 3 days away. Of course, I expect these to sell out quickly anyway, making it a moot point.

ThunderThighs

Staff

editorkid wrote:It's complement, people! If I had a nickel for every time Woot made this mistake, I could afford these.

I can see where you get your name. You get the invisible, non-existent Woot Editor-For-A-Day badge! Congratulations.

Sent it in for fixin'. Thanks for pointing it out.

North316

jezebelseven wrote:Just a little confused-- The Caramel Assortment (non-salted)-- The picture clearly shows something with White Chocolate, but the assortment doesn't mention anything that's white chocolate. Does it include white chocolate pieces or not?

Part of your confusion is that the caramel is a caramel assortment, and is not "non-salted" The caramel assortment has both salted and unsalted caramels.

My CT

North316

So what all is in the truffles assortment? The ones described are the stout, cabernet and esspresso. Are there others or is it just these three?

My CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

ATTENTION!

We've updated the ingredients list for the Salted Assortment. We also added the proper allergen warnings as these contain Milk, Peanuts, Pecans and Soy.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ThunderThighs wrote:ATTENTION!

We've updated the ingredients list for the Salted Assortment. We also added the proper allergen warnings as these contain Milk, Peanuts, Pecans and Soy.

For this sale:
The Candy Basket - 2 Pound Salted Assortment

meghano1989

quality posts: 5 Private Messages meghano1989

The Candy Basket's website does not seem to be working. Does anyone know if they have smaller quantities available on their website? I'd like to try it but also don't like dark chocolate so I'm hoping to find some milk chocolate only offerings elsewhere.

shortman

quality posts: 39 Private Messages shortman

Oh, so much yum here. I'm am doing my best to avoid sugars. I am so very tempted to order for myself, but so far I have made two orders for my little sister in another state. So I save my weight at the expense of hers. Ha. And I get the satisfaction of ordering this wonderful stuff without messing up my figure. I just hope I can hold out until it's gone again.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

I'd like to take a moment to request mint chocolate Dobosh tortes.

Y'know, if they ever become available for woot.

sergio1988

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sergio1988

how many pieces is the 2lb assortment?

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
North316 wrote:So what all is in the truffles assortment? The ones described are the stout, cabernet and esspresso. Are there others or is it just these three?

It's just those three. If you click on the second picture, you can see them listed on the box cover.

Postal1398

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Postal1398
meghano1989 wrote:The Candy Basket's website does not seem to be working. Does anyone know if they have smaller quantities available on their website? I'd like to try it but also don't like dark chocolate so I'm hoping to find some milk chocolate only offerings elsewhere.

I have a solution for you: buy these and send me all the dark chocolate ones. Problem solved!

North316

sergio1988 wrote:how many pieces is the 2lb assortment?

Should be 56.

My CT

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid
ThunderThighs wrote:I can see where you get your name. You get the invisible, non-existent Woot Editor-For-A-Day badge! Congratulations.

Sent it in for fixin'. Thanks for pointing it out.

It's true... you can never turn it off. Thanks for passing it along. And somehow I decided I had enough nickels to afford a bunch of them. In fact, I realized that if I ordered enough, unlocking free shipping on them would pay for another box. Nom.

pfajardo19

quality posts: 9 Private Messages pfajardo19

Damn you, in for 3 - one of each! Haven't been disappointed yet!
Deceivingly good. Try one and the next thing you know you've eaten the entire top tray...only to find another tray below with more delicious chocolate/caramel goodness(the 2lb boxes)!!! Not fair!!!

Family went thru 4 2-lb boxes of the caramel pecans and salted caramels over the holidays..recommended but not for those that like their stuff grocery store sweet. Gonna have to change my handle to Chunkybutfunky after this...

come2thedarkside

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

This looks yummy. But I have sadly already spent February's "eat stuff to make you fat" budget on Girl Scout cookies. It's cookie season, you know.

wolfroolz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfroolz

Does anyone know if these are kosher?

winky628

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winky628

Ordered 2 boxes of the salted caramels at Christmas.....they were snarfed up quickly....and EVERYONE loved them. Fabulous candy.

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga

Will these be delivered by Valentine's Day or even sooner?

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

factotum

quality posts: 10 Private Messages factotum

Who's the poor Wooter who was forbidden from copying and pasting the Caramel Assortment's ingredients list?

"partialla hydrogenatede palm kernel oil"
"phospahte"
"Fleru de Sel"