WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Cooking Fun

Honey, I've solved our financial woes. I sold the oven and the microwave. But it's okay! I bought a dozen mini food-makers. We can save thousands this way, and we can send our kids to private school. We're ready, hun. Our family's finally made it in the world. Now who's ready for cake and meatballs?

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Make it. Bake it. Serve it. We've got you covered. Follow the gold button. It calls you.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

tewkewl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl

http://www.target.com/p/sunbeam-red-sunbeam-mini-pie-maker/-/A-13985355

essentially the same thing at target for 9 bucks more. so when you factor in shipping, you're saving 4 bucks. i would like to get this thing, but it's only 4 bucks less.. hrmph.

tewkewl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl

even cheaper if you include the shipping cost of woot:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nostalgia-Electrics-4-Pie-Countertop-Bakery-PIE-400/17048546?findingMethod=rr

Hodakaroadtoad

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Hodakaroadtoad

I've got the corn dog maker and the donut maker and they're a big hit.

Not sure why the corn dog maker is called a pretzel dog maker though.

Amazon has the Nostalgia Pie Maker like the one in the link above for $19.

editorkid

quality posts: 95 Private Messages editorkid

I would love these if they made them modular so you could just buy one heating unit and then the plates/molds for the different snacks. I do love me some good snacks, but not enough to store even two or three of these, unfortunately.

livespive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages livespive

SO do you use a corn dog batter with your, or do you just use dough?

Hodakaroadtoad wrote:I've got the corn dog maker and the donut maker and they're a big hit.

Not sure why the corn dog maker is called a pretzel dog maker though.

Amazon has the Nostalgia Pie Maker like the one in the link above for $19.

doperules

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doperules

I would like to see the lemonade maker in action, or possibly know if anyone has had prior experience with one of these.

ubermick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ubermick

Oooh, the temptation of making individual steak and kidney pies for a grab 'n' go lunch...

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

I got the quasadilla maker last time (not being sold this time around) and it's a huge hit!

Nice and crispy every time.

that was fun while it lasted!

Smitelight

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Smitelight

http://home.woot.com/offers/keebler-personal-pie-maker-2
Anybody else getting "eebler" in the product title?

LaKASkill

quality posts: 18 Private Messages LaKASkill

Some of this would be cool, I just have so much cooking "what nots" that my wife would probably divorce me if I bought any more.

rueli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rueli

Anyone have experience with the Mini Pizza Maker?

It seems weird to cook pizza this way, so I'd like to know if they bake anywhere near the consistency of regular oven pizza.

I blame my cousin for telling me about this site...

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga

The mini pizza maker and the mini pie maker look like they're the basically the same appliance.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

lucifen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucifen

Found Brownie Maker on Amazon for $21, so with Amazon Prime it makes it the same price.

sdgardner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sdgardner

These are all mono-taskers: they take up lots of kitchen space and only do one thing well. As one person says, its too bad they don't have one that has replaceable plates.

xtricks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xtricks

Or - for the mini-pie idea, you can use the babycakes machine (evidently) which gives you more pies and can also be used for cupcakes. More money but more stuff.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2011/02/22/can-you-bake-a-mini-pie-how-about-8-mini-pies-%E2%80%93-in-just-12-minutes/

nmelone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nmelone
editorkid wrote:I would love these if they made them modular so you could just buy one heating unit and then the plates/molds for the different snacks. I do love me some good snacks, but not enough to store even two or three of these, unfortunately.

This has a few different plates in one unit:

chickieleighc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chickieleighc

I have the pigs-in-a-blanket maker. It's great for making mini corn dogs. I buy the beef lil smokies and the boxed cheapo cornbread mix. I mix up the cornbread batter in a ziplock bag and snip the corner for ease of dispensing, fill each (lightly greased) pod with a dab of cornbread mix, then drop on a lil smokie, then top with a nice glob of cornbread. Cook for a few minutes, flip over and cook one more, just to brown the top well. Voila. Mini corn dogs.

I also can make almost anything else that comes in batter form in it. Mini brownie bites. Mini muffin bites. Mini dinner rolls. My next project is to try some mini chocolate chip cookie logs.

These things are all ba-a-a-asically the same thing... just pick a shape or three you like and experiment away.

amemait

quality posts: 10 Private Messages amemait
nmelone wrote:This has a few different plates in one unit:

Really? I only see the one Pie set of plates.

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad
editorkid wrote:I would love these if they made them modular so you could just buy one heating unit and then the plates/molds for the different snacks. I do love me some good snacks, but not enough to store even two or three of these, unfortunately.

Exactly. Alton Brown would be rolling over in his grave over these uni-taskers, if he were dead.