Poll: What do you do most evenings?
  • 53.3% - Watch TV 737
  • 12.7% - Read 175
  • 5.9% - Work out 82
  • 2.2% - Party 30
  • 17.6% - Play video games 244
  • 8.3% - Other (comments, please) 115
1383 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

gjbloom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjbloom

By "read", of course, I assume you mean read the internet. (Does anybody actually read books anymore?)

torturegarden

quality posts: 4 Private Messages torturegarden

Listen to records and drink whiskey.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
gjbloom wrote:By "read", of course, I assume you mean read the internet. (Does anybody actually read books anymore?)

And this, folks, is why we are ranked 17th in the world in education outcomes.

gholt121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gholt121

Work...

Proud Woot!er since 2005.

pigsnfish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pigsnfish

Lurk on the internet

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

I voted "Party" because... um...

Nevermind.

XD

LOLobo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLobo

Submit to more work (but at least get paid for it), while doing various thingies on the internet, only leaving the house for meaningless errands.

jediokie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jediokie

Watch my five year old play and wonder if I ever had that much energy and if so what the heck happened to it...oh yea, she did.

rworth01

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rworth01

go to work

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

Shop on Woot!

ehatfield19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehatfield19

Rrad....yes actual books. and lurk the web too. holding head in disgrace.

Erica Hatfield

melonmanhart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melonmanhart

I work evenings. Not everyone is "9 to 5".

divasgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages divasgirl

I study and do other various military-academy-student-not-allowed-to-have-fun things.

Sparktrician

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sparktrician

Learn new Sciency things from places like Wikipedia (while listening to a movie or music in the background).

arroyopottery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arroyopottery

I make intricately-woven mosaic tile bead bracelets...cuz there's never enough to go around!

rdjuras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdjuras

Gossip with my girlfriends. (:

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

I work a second job as a freelance writer (first baby on the way!!!). If I don't produce, I don't get paid! For a break, I'll play some quick video games to clear my head.

Television, in its modern incarnation, is the bane of society. And RPG games, gotta lump those in, too. An occasional TV show or movie may not be bad, but hours of mind-numbing drivel that could be spent bettering yourself or actually parenting children are wasted on the tube. And how many hours have you spent "leveling up" you character (I include my younger self in this) when you could be gaining real life "experience points" leveling yourself up?!

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr
curtisuxor wrote:And this, folks, is why we are ranked 17th in the world in education outcomes.

I would contend that it is because we rely on the gov't to provide education. They rarely get things right. Republicans AND Dems. $16 trillion, anyone?

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Drink scotch and smoke a cigar before watching TV.

PJgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PJgal

After returning to school as a part time math grad student, most evenings I am studying math.

mrgroovemachine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgroovemachine

Play music.

ToadiesLB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ToadiesLB

Clean the house, do the laundry, cook dinner, watch some Netflix, then read a book to fall asleep.

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

I make dinner and take care of my almost 3yo. Many evenings also include dishes, cleaning, or laundry. I read on my Kindle Paperwhite or watch a show on my Kindle Fire HD after son goes to sleep, and then I'm so tired that I crash myself. I miss being a night owl!

PUfelix85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PUfelix85

Cook Dinner...

x8

kashmirton

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kashmirton

use the computer

powerelite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerelite
PhilCarr wrote:I would contend that it is because we rely on the gov't to provide education. They rarely get things right. Republicans AND Dems. $16 trillion, anyone?

HA HA HA, have you seen "Waiting for Superman"?

MJR

candiceb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages candiceb

It really varies for me. Many night I'm working on reports. Some nights I watch Netflix (no cable here), some nights I play video games, some nights I lurk on the internet, and sometimes I read. I don't think I have a "typical" evening really.

hwalsh10284

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hwalsh10284

Whaaaa? Aaaaah. I was just resting my eyes.

vlegran

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vlegran

I watch TV and Woot!