WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Look What's Cookin'

We should warn you: this cookware carries a dark secret. If you start using it, you might be trapped in another world … because it's so much fun to cook with! See the way we set you up and then added a little twist at the end? That's textbook M. Night Shyamalan. Textbook. It'd make a great movie, too. Let's do lunch. We'll bring the pans and you cook.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Personally, I love color in the kitchen. What's your though? Color, stainless, or hide those pans?

tabaddon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon

I love stainless but I also love some bright citrus colors. I'm no help.

What I can help with though, is that I can tell you that the Kuhn Rikon 4th burner pot isn't the color shown, it's a darker cornflower blue. Looks nice and functions well, but if you're looking for a bright sky blue, it's not quite there.

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.

waterdogs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages waterdogs

Staining? They must mean straining. Or maybe stainless?

Edurne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Edurne
waterdogs wrote:Staining? They must mean straining. Or maybe stainless?

It should be "straining".

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving definitely isn't for you.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Edurne wrote:It should be "straining".

Correct. I've sent it in for fixin'.

koalamoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages koalamoo

I cannot recommend the 12 pc. cookware set enough. Bought it last time it was here, and it has been fabulous! It's a very solid set, and it still looks brand-new, despite heavy cooking and the fact that I run it through the dishwasher every time. Excellent price and a great value- you won't be disappointed!

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
ThunderThighs wrote:Correct. I've sent it in for fixin'.

Was that the lid for the 4th burner pot?

Yes, that lid, (at least the non-glass part, or the handle) IS stainless.

The rest, however, (well, see my previous posts on this) is an ALUMINUM non-stick pot. Works VERY WELL, but Stainless Steel is about $40 a pound. Aluminum, 3.

Aluminum corrodes REAL EASILY. Stainless, not so much. Aluminum transfers heat very well. Useful in a pot. Stainless, not as much. Aluminum scratches real well. Stainless, not so much. Aluminum bends very well. Stainless, not so much.

But, for 5 or 6 sales now, this aluminum pot is listed as Stainless Steel. Not so much!
The handle is plastic. GOOD! the washer under the bolt is Stainless, the bolt, not so much. (Mine is rusting after 6 months.)

steve

ThunderThighs

Staff

skou wrote:Was that the lid for the 4th burner pot?

Yes, that lid, (at least the non-glass part, or the handle) IS stainless.

The rest, however, (well, see my previous posts on this) is an ALUMINUM non-stick pot. Works VERY WELL, but Stainless Steel is about $40 a pound. Aluminum, 3.

Aluminum corrodes REAL EASILY. Stainless, not so much. Aluminum transfers heat very well. Useful in a pot. Stainless, not as much. Aluminum scratches real well. Stainless, not so much. Aluminum bends very well. Stainless, not so much.

But, for 5 or 6 sales now, this aluminum pot is listed as Stainless Steel. Not so much!
The handle is plastic. GOOD! the washer under the bolt is Stainless, the bolt, not so much. (Mine is rusting after 6 months.)

steve

I know and I'm sorry. I've sent in your info with every sale too. They say they no longer have a sample to confirm and that's the info we have from the manufacturer.

Update: the sale is updated! It's all due to you!

lmensor

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lmensor

I love both color and stainless. My kitchen is a combo of all red KitchenAid countertop appliances, then stainless big appliances, then I have a huge collection of Fiestaware that is multi colored so there's not much more color I can get in there!

I do love all the KitchenAid pots and pans I have. They have lasted for many years, I've had no issues and they are super easy to clean due to the non-stick surface.

skou

ThunderThighs wrote:I know and I'm sorry. I've sent in your info with every sale too. They say they no longer have a sample to confirm and that's the info we have from the manufacturer.

TT, "you da best!" :D

Guys, just so you know, this IS a KILLER pot! And now, the description is correct. If you made too much spaghetti sauce, and you want to put some up,
can it) this pot will process one 1 quart jar at a time. Do it often.

Since I work at a "distressed can" store, I find all kinds of REAL GOOD deals, that are BIG cans. So, I break down the big can, and re-process the food.

Again, thanks ThunderThighs!

steve

skou

ThunderThighs wrote:

Yeah, but no "quality post?" :D

steve

Bethy54

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Bethy54

Is the Regal Ware 106-DO 6-Quart Covered Dutch Oven the "American Kitchen" version of Regal Ware?

I previously bought the 3 qt. Am. Kitch. Regal Ware when it was for sale, and I LOVE it! It is heavy-duty and made to last for the rest of my life.

ThunderThighs

Staff

skou wrote:Yeah, but no "quality post?" :D

steve

Now you're just being demanding. Thanks again for continuing to pester us.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Bethy54 wrote:Is the Regal Ware 106-DO 6-Quart Covered Dutch Oven the "American Kitchen" version of Regal Ware?

I previously bought the 3 qt. Am. Kitch. Regal Ware when it was for sale, and I LOVE it! It is heavy-duty and made to last for the rest of my life.

We asked about this and we're told:
"To our knowledge, the entire group of product we bought from Regal Ware was American Kitchen."

I'm just hanging out, really.