4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

editorkid

quality posts: 89 Private Messages editorkid

I bought this during its first appearance and really like it. But either the two rain settings are identical or the difference is so minor that I can't see it even flipping back and forth between them. Still, I have the upper showerhead on rain and the lower one on mist and it's a nice way to wake up in the morning.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

Discussion from last time: http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5258293&pageindex=1&replycount=45

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

24 settings is not enough. I need 25.

The irony behind these types of showerheads is that once you find the spray you like, you stick with it.

bpr2

quality posts: 175 Private Messages bpr2

My set up from when I bought it.

As you can see, there's plenty of clearance from the wall to the main head, and the hose for the second head is plenty long!

edit:
On my shower heads, after I installed them, only a trickle of water came out, they were both set to water saving mode from the factory. So, if that happens to you, don't worry, just change the setting to something else

that was fun while it lasted!

rampman10

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rampman10

The mist is cool. I bought it last time for that setting.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2538 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

I will be buying this tonight. What I like most about this is that it does not have a slide bar that needs to be mounted like many other ones that are offered. For a renter, this is perfect.

mikop168

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mikop168

Really interested, but I am afraid that with shipping unlocked, I will have nothing to hold me back from ordering the TDK Sound Cube...

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

They need to incorporate the temperature sensing color changing leds into these so you can tell what temperature the water is before getting in. While mine has only one spray setting, I love that I can dial in the temperature without having to touch the water and get right into a perfect shower.

mtn3pitt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtn3pitt

Can you adjust the angle of the shower head with the hose while it is sitting in the mount? My current shower head is about to fall off and this looks like a good replacement.

- mtn3pitt -

bpr2

mtn3pitt wrote:Can you adjust the angle of the shower head with the hose while it is sitting in the mount? My current shower head is about to fall off and this looks like a good replacement.

You sure can, just not too far forward, or it'll slip out. Also, using both hands is recommended, but it can be done with only one.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bpr2 wrote:

As you can see, there's plenty of clearance from the wall to the main head, and the hose for the second head is plenty long!

Thank you for sharing the photos!

mtn3pitt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtn3pitt
bpr2 wrote:You sure can, just not too far forward, or it'll slip out. Also, using both hands is recommended, but it can be done with only one.

Sweet. In for one then.

- mtn3pitt -

bpr2

ThunderThighs wrote:Thank you for sharing the photos!

You are welcome!
Photos usually help me buy things; and as you can see, there are no king of shaves razors ANYWHERE.

House of Pleasure

quality posts: 2 Private Messages House of Pleasure

I bought a double shower head about 3 years ago from, and I thought it was pretty great. Then I bought this one a few months ago. This one is incredible. It has a mist setting, which you can set on both head at the same time. It's like being in a steam room, and you get pretty much 100% of your body's surface area saturated with water. It makes washing off shampoo/conditioner/soap a snap, and has reduced the amount of time I spend taking a shower each morning.

The mist-shower experience is so cool that I really look forward to taking showers, and I actually tell everyone that stays over that they should try out the shower for an experience like no other shower.

Installation is pretty easier, actually easier than any other shower head I bought and installed. It also comes with a little roll of teflon tape.

ThunderThighs

Staff

bpr2 wrote:You are welcome!
Photos usually help me buy things; and as you can see, there are no king of shaves razors ANYWHERE.

BRAT!

GameFederer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GameFederer

I bought this last time.

24 settings? I turn the knob and there's only about 4-5.

Unless I got the wrong one.

kdbrich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kdbrich

So is one of them a hand held? Does it detach?

....... Never mind.....I see the one hanging down in the pic. I'm in for one....remodeling the bathroom now anyway....need a shower head.

etherium

quality posts: 23 Private Messages etherium

QUESTION: Is the flexible hose metal or plastic?

Thanks!

mcw

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mcw
etherium wrote:QUESTION: Is the flexible hose metal or plastic?

Thanks!

According to the description and the past Woot comments - the hose is the only thing that's stainless steel - everything is chrome-plated plastic.

robio

quality posts: 37 Private Messages robio

Question for owners: The specs say the setting are...
Rain
Power Massage
Stay-Warm Mist
Economy Rain
Pause Mode
...so is "rain" the equivalent of a standard shower?

Girlfriend wants one of these badly, but I just need something that gives a strong, steady, good-ol-showerhead flow of water — not some weak trickle that arches downward only a foot from the head.

Also, how's the plastic? Is this thing going to look like crap after a year?

(Thanks for the pictures, BTW!)

pennyfromheaven

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pennyfromheaven
robio wrote:Question for owners: The specs say the setting are...
Rain
Power Massage
Stay-Warm Mist
Economy Rain
Pause Mode
...so is "rain" the equivalent of a standard shower?

Girlfriend wants one of these badly, but I just need something that gives a strong, steady, good-ol-showerhead flow of water — not some weak trickle that arches downward only a foot from the head.

Also, how's the plastic? Is this thing going to look like crap after a year?

(Thanks for the pictures, BTW!)

If you take the flow restricter out, the shower pressure is great. I've had mine a few months and it looks great still. The long detachable cord is great for washing the dogs or rinsing the kids hair out and makes it easy to clean the tub out.

joey847

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joey847

this photo looks like the unit is bronze or gold...just what I want. I don't want chrome....please don't tell me this is kust the reflection nfrom the tiles!!!!!!]

edit:
On my shower heads, after I installed them, only a trickle of water came out, they were both set to water saving mode from the factory. So, if that happens to you, don't worry, just change the setting to something else [/quote]

ahamling27

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ahamling27
joey847 wrote:this photo looks like the unit is bronze or gold...just what I want. I don't want chrome....please don't tell me this is kust the reflection nfrom the tiles!!!!!!

I have it and it's all chrome, sorry.

I do love mine though. The second shower head is a must for people who don't always shower alone. :P

robio

quality posts: 37 Private Messages robio
pennyfromheaven wrote:If you take the flow restricter out, the shower pressure is great. I've had mine a few months and it looks great still. The long detachable cord is great for washing the dogs or rinsing the kids hair out and makes it easy to clean the tub out.

Thx!

jbcid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbcid

Anybody know if you can turn one of the heads off while keeping the other going? Or are they both always going?

If so, how do you switch the flow between the heads?

woo545

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woo545

I bought this the last time it was on sale. The ONLY reason I bought it was to make cleaning the shower easier with the detachable head.

As noted by others, you might end up just finding one setting and using it. I tried the mist setting and found it incompatible with my 60 degree house. However I didn't try it with both on mist.

I also have a problem water pressure issues with a couple settings. Fortunately, you can take out the pressure diffuser/governor/plastic do-hickey to increase pressure. Keep in mind I'm on well water and that most certainly is a factor.

Overall, I like it.

XterraGuy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages XterraGuy
jbcid wrote:Anybody know if you can turn one of the heads off while keeping the other going? Or are they both always going?

If so, how do you switch the flow between the heads?

Of course, there's a knob on the side to switch between one, the other, or both. It does bug me just a bit that "both" isn't in the middle though, so if you want to go from the main one to both, you have to go to the wand one only along the way. But that's just not really a big deal.

XterraGuy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages XterraGuy
editorkid wrote: either the two rain settings are identical or the difference is so minor that I can't see it even flipping back and forth between them.

Yeah, not a whole lot of difference, but there is one. I aim the main head out a bit for my head, and the wand head down towards my waist. With both heads going, unless I crank up the output overall a lot and waste more water, if I have the wand head on the normal Rain setting, the main head doesn't project outward enough for me. If I cut it back to Economy Rain, the additional restriction gives the main head enough of a boost.

And again, none of this would matter much if I just opened the taps up more, but I try to conserve a bit.

As for the mist setting, I don't see the appeal. It's all in my face, and creates such a draft that it actually feels chilly unless I turn the cold tap off completely and crank the hot one up a lot. This just seems wasteful, and I still don't care for the mist flying in my face.

coyhaven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coyhaven

I bought mine In November it is THE BEST BY FAR THAT HAVE PURCHASED-others I have bought fell apart quickly. It still looks good and works good-and for this great price you just cant go wrong!

raspis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raspis

The front piece that lets you select the shower setting keeps falling off and the water output is weak, even with the restricters removed. No pulse/massage setting either. Or, if it does have one, weak. Gave mine away to a friend.

kelleysunshine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kelleysunshine

I bought this showerhead the last time it was on woot and I absolutely love it! It is a great deal and was easy to install.

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

High pressure? I need it to waterboard people I capture when I'm out fighting terrorism.

Suck it, Trebek.

acewingman

quality posts: 6 Private Messages acewingman

Bought two of these last time they were available on Woot...

FYI, my original $10.00 Kmart special with hose works perfectly with enough pressure to leave welts.

Installed this shower head as is (no modifications or removing restrictors) and after a few times of use I removed it and went back to my old shower head.

Hose does not work well, when using the hose the pressure drops considerably and holding the hose head upside down makes the water barely trickle.

Controls are whack... lever controlling which shower head gets the water makes no sense as the middle should represent both heads on but it does not. Not to mention there are no markings to help with the confusion.

No markings on the head to indicate what position is what so you have to change through all the settings to find the one you want... Watch out for that fine mist as it will be cold once that mist hits your body.

Although the hose outer casing is steel the rest of the shower head is plastic.

I still have one in the package and it will never be used in my lifetime.

spowzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spowzer

For water hogs that like to remove the limiters - you can't do it on this. There is a washer in both spouts but there is also a limeter in the center section. If you activate both shower heads at the same time, you get a trickle of water out of both.

ThunderThighs

Staff

spowzer wrote:For water hogs that like to remove the limiters - you can't do it on this. There is a washer in both spouts but there is also a limeter in the center section. If you activate both shower heads at the same time, you get a trickle of water out of both.

The instruction manual is linked on the Specs tab. It shows how to remove the flow restrictor.

mrchris10804

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrchris10804
spowzer wrote:For water hogs that like to remove the limiters - you can't do it on this. There is a washer in both spouts but there is also a limeter in the center section. If you activate both shower heads at the same time, you get a trickle of water out of both.

Can anybody confirm if this is true? I really want one of these but if I'm going to get crap water pressure and can't remove the limiter...

mrtuba9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrtuba9

mrchris, see below. I don't know if there is a limiter in the middle, but it stands to reason, if you divide the water in half by using two heads (actually, it seems like the large head gets 60%, fleixble, 40%), you are going to get a drop in pressure in both.

I know TT has already addressed this, but yes you can remove the restricters. I removed both, but the one in the main head required some MacGuyvering to get it out. I ended up using a sharp screw to grab one of the three holes and yank it out. The one in the flexible head was pretty easy.

As I mentioned in the comments of the slider version that was up a week or so ago, I am likely going to drill out the limiters a little bit and put them back in...we use way too much water with the fixed head on full blast. Time to upgrade the water heaters to have two 40 gallons in series!

60 woots, 102 items, 34x1, 7x2, 18x3 (3x3 ßÕÇ-now retired), 9 unique shirt.woot, 1 sellout.woot <--OUTDATED (except the martini ;')

mrchris10804

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrchris10804
ThunderThighs wrote:The instruction manual is linked on the Specs tab. It shows how to remove the flow restrictor.

I'm having trouble finding the specs tab or the manual. Any help? Thanks

neurotony

quality posts: 3 Private Messages neurotony

Does anyone know if there's an "off" setting? While I'm sensually lathering myself I like to turn the jets off. It saves water while I ensconce myself in sensual bubbles.
It's a huge waste to step away from the stream rather than just flip it to off. If I turn off the water then it's either to hot or too cold since mine are separate controls.
Since this has the switch between the hand wand and the shower head I was wondering if one of the settings shuts the water stream off?