4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

labrat0017

quality posts: 9 Private Messages labrat0017

I love my Corelle! Wish I could justify buying more, they stack so nicely and are so light and easy to clean. Wish it came with something other than a mug though.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

I own the set in the picture. I bought it online from Amazon.com for $15.99 a few years back. First things first. It is a nice set. I own two others with a different pattern. Be very careful though. I dropped a plate on the floor and it shattered into a million pieces. We were finding glass for a week and we did a really thorough cleaning. Also, one of my patterned sets has the design fading and peeling away. Their quality has really gone down hill.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2548 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Description of Secret Garden from Corelle website.

http://www.corelle.com/patterns/secret-garden

Moueska

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Moueska

HEY YOU-A PASS THE LASAGNA...
DON'T YOU GET ANY ON YA
YOU SLOPPY PIG
HAVE SOME MORE RAVIOLI...
YOU WILL GET ROLY-POLY,
NICE AND BIG
LIKE YOUR COUSIN LUIGI!

/WeirdAl

doomtothee

quality posts: 47 Private Messages doomtothee

27 bucks on Amazon, which was the cheapest I could find.
http://www.amazon.com/Corelle-Livingware-16-Piece-Dinnerware-Service/dp/B0000CBJJL
This is basically dollar store prices for quality dishes.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

eabraham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eabraham
Fountain3586 wrote:I own the set in the picture. I bought it online from Amazon.com for $15.99 a few years back. First things first. It is a nice set. I own two others with a different pattern. Be very careful though. I dropped a plate on the floor and it shattered into a million pieces. We were finding glass for a week and we did a really thorough cleaning. Also, one of my patterned sets has the design fading and peeling away. Their quality has really gone down hill.

That's sad to hear. I still have almost all of my Corelle from the 70s, and the few pieces that broke were definitely my fault. Sorry the quality isn't what it was

gina3graces

quality posts: 36 Private Messages gina3graces

The set with the pink and red flowers are so pretty!

dfunk29

quality posts: 42 Private Messages dfunk29

I love my Corelle set! I can't stand heavy plates that are the size of a platter!

I also like the smooth bottoms, I can't stand holding a plate that's been glazed, except for the ridge on the bottom. It's one of those things that's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2548 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Average 4 out of 5 stars (based on 99 reviews) on the Memphis pattern at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Corelle-Livingware-Memphis-16-Piece-Dinnerware/dp/B0007XXSAO

okalamata

quality posts: 1 Private Messages okalamata

Bought my mom a very similar set for christmas to replace another corelle set she had for years. great product at a fantastic price. Recommend grabing 'em.

madamdefarge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages madamdefarge

I've had this set for about 4 years—they've held up well, but one plate has chipped already. Still an excellent deal, though.

pdrake2126

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pdrake2126

are these plastic?

niteman3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niteman3d
doomtothee wrote:27 bucks on Amazon, which was the cheapest I could find.
http://www.amazon.com/Corelle-Livingware-16-Piece-Dinnerware-Service/dp/B0000CBJJL
This is basically dollar store prices for quality dishes.

But the Amazon sets ship free, so it's nearly a wash. (Heh, heh. I made a funny.) If you don't like any of these patterns, look there.

mattysc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattysc

I've had a similar set of dishes for about 20-years. The plates are remarkably strong yet lightweight. They also don't easily scratch or stain. The plates hold food well. The set has stood the test of time, which includes occasionally dropping and repeat washing in the dishwasher. I bought a set of the square plates to supplement the original a few years ago that I must say are equal quality.

emjaycem

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emjaycem

I have the chutney pattern. I bought them about 4 or 5 years ago and they're standing up well. A couple of the bowls do have chips on the rims from being dropped but other than that, we've dropped the dinner plates with no breakage. Pattern is not peeling or fading. I bought these because my children were small and destroying my lenox everyday plates. These go in the dishwasher nearly every day.

wordperfect7

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wordperfect7

No offense to the people saying they have this or that pattern but all these patterns are ugly. The only really nice corelle pattern is Old Town Blue.

talon4x4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages talon4x4
wordperfect7 wrote:No offense to the people saying they have this or that pattern but all these patterns are ugly. The only really nice corelle pattern is Old Town Blue.

You know what they say about opinions though.

I have never owned anything but Corelle dishes and even as a kid that's all my parents had, as far as I can remember. Today's dishes are not the same quality that they used to be but they still hold up to quite a bit of abuse in my house.

jackiemo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jackiemo

My mother still has some of her Corelle from the 70's. She had a couple of different sets. The only thing that ever broke was the teacups. I am guessing that everyone's tea cups broke because Corelle replaced them with stoneware coffee cups years ago.

I bought 3 sets of plain white from Wal-Mart about 10 years ago and still have it all. In comparison, we have probably gone through about 5 sets of drinking glasses. With kids, pets, and and my inate lack of co-ordination, we can't have nice things. Too bad woot doesn't offer plain white on this deal. The patterns do hold up pretty well but will fade in the dishwasher. Also, since this stuff lasts forever, the style will eventually become dated (like the harvest gold trim my Mom had). Another plus with Corelle is that you can get replacement pieces at many discount stores if you do smash a couple.

jensownzoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jensownzoo

I bought two sets of the pictured pattern for the break room at work. I got lucky and bought it at my local Target store as an online return (so they were dirt cheap). Holding up very well so far!

Stupoopy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Stupoopy

Hello all,

I think this is a great deal, especially if you buy more than one. At walmart, it's about 26.95 for a set, so already 1 set is 2 dollars off, AND you don't have to drive. If you buy two, then you're saving 7.

Okay, so more info about these sets.

The stoneware, as in the mugs, are MADE IN CHINA.

A bit of a dealbreaker for me in terms of use of the mugs. Therefore I only see it as a 12 piece set. Either way, I find it very very worth it anyway.

I bought two sets a while back (not through woot) and they stack wonderfully. The stack of 24 plates/bowls cant be more than a foot high. They are heavy, since there are 24 of them, but individually they are very light.

So what is corelle made of? Someone asked if they are plastic. No. Not only are they not plastic, they are not ceramic or stone. Corelle is made of glass. More specifically, tempered glass. This is what gives it its chip resistance.

However, this also means you should be careful with thermal shock (be careful how you heat, if you do heat). I believe they give you instructions on no-nos for these things. Stovetop burning will make it shatter!

Tempered glass also makes it so that if you do break a plate, it will shatter into tiny pieces and slivers instead of large chunks. Someone mentioned this happening to them. I don't think this is a big issue as they are difficult to break, but it's something to consider.

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

I purchased 3 sets to replace 2 old ceramic sets, but gave away the mugs that I had no use for. They stack very nicely; so much that I was able to go out and purchase additional larger white bowls to add to the stacks.

I have only lost one bowl, which shattered into a million razor sharp daggers and was a royal pain in the neck to clean up. Two other bowls have chips on the rims.
But, they're pretty (I have Classic Cafe Black and plain ole white), pretty durable, easy to clean, and a Godsend to cabinets everywhere.

etmplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etmplus

Can anyone confirm or deny whether these are the American-made ones? I bought some recently, mainly because they were made stateside, and want to be sure before I get these.

fly2peace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fly2peace
Fountain3586 wrote:I own the set in the picture. I bought it online from Amazon.com for $15.99 a few years back. First things first. It is a nice set. I own two others with a different pattern. Be very careful though. I dropped a plate on the floor and it shattered into a million pieces. We were finding glass for a week and we did a really thorough cleaning. Also, one of my patterned sets has the design fading and peeling away. Their quality has really gone down hill.

I have a different pattern (with iris' across the face of the plates), but have had them since 1988 used daily with no fading or peeling. Sad to hear they aren't what they used to be. I haven't broken one of mine, but my Mom broke one of hers, and you are right, they do break in a million pieces. Actually I think it warns of that in the instructions, along with a few usage warnings, like no serrated knives.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

etmplus wrote:Can anyone confirm or deny whether these are the American-made ones? I bought some recently, mainly because they were made stateside, and want to be sure before I get these.

For LivingWare, the plates & bowls are USA. Mugs are China.

fly2peace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fly2peace

One other warning in the instructions is that if you get a chip or crack you should discontinue use of that piece as it is compromised and more likely to shatter. Again, I have been using mine daily since 1988, and haven't had an issue, including dishwasher washing. I still have all the teacups as well, although we don't use them as often. Too small in my opinion.

thanson63

quality posts: 4 Private Messages thanson63

Love my Corelle! It's so light, it replaced a lot of paper plate usage in our home. Always hates dragging out the 20 lb. plates for a sandwich!

ursalita

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ursalita

I love my Corelle dishes - they are lightweight and don't chip. I would be in for 3 sets of these if there was a plain set. Also, who needs 12 mugs?

inkydnk3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkydnk3

Where are these made?

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice

it was stated up-thread... the dishes/bowls are USA made, the mugs are made in China.

I've had my Corelle dishes for almost 20 years. I've lost one bowl because I dropped something heavy on it while it was in the sink. Shattered! The pattern has held up well, but I'm getting a new kitchen, so I'm thinking about getting a new set. I might have given these consideration, if only the red mugs came with the Memphis pattern. Hmmm.... will have to think on this.

So many woots, so little time.

yodamaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yodamaster

Bought 3 sets of the plain white for my wife when they had these at the first of the year. My wife grew up with them and has been bugging me ever since we got married to get some Corelle dishes because the ones I had from my single days were stoneware and she hated how heavy they were. We switched out dishes as soon as they arrived and I was scared they would snap since they are so thin and light but they work awesome and clean up super easily. We don't have a pattern so I am not sure about that fading but using them daily for almost a month I haven't noticed a single problem with them.

offline999

quality posts: 4 Private Messages offline999
ursalita wrote:I love my Corelle dishes - they are lightweight and don't chip. I would be in for 3 sets of these if there was a plain set. Also, who needs 12 mugs?

Amen to that! Personally, I don't need ANY mugs. If this were just the plates & bowls I'd be down with this Woot!

pentland45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pentland45

What do the other three styles look like?
I am unable to pull them up . . .

negriesenauer

quality posts: 11 Private Messages negriesenauer

In for three. This is a good price. I've been looking to replace my much hated pfaltzgraph.

okjust1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages okjust1

What do the other three styles look like?

Here is a link to the full line of Corelle dishes. You can scroll down toward the bottom to find what these look like. BTW, they are $25.49 plus about $9 shipping. http://www.corelle.com/livingware

talon4x4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages talon4x4

Got my dishes today and.....I'm really disappointed to see the mugs are not made of the chip/break resistant material and they are made in china!!! I'm sure they will all be broken in no time at all. The whole point of me purchasing these two sets was for the Corelle "unbreakable" stuff!!

anim8ormatt

quality posts: 4 Private Messages anim8ormatt

I got my dishes and two of the three sets I ordered are the incorrect pattern. I am sure I am stuck with these hideous things as woot has the worst customer service ever. Thanks for not reading the order guys.

anim8ormatt

quality posts: 4 Private Messages anim8ormatt
anim8ormatt wrote:I got my dishes and two of the three sets I ordered are the incorrect pattern. I am sure I am stuck with these hideous things as woot has the worst customer service ever. Thanks for not reading the order guys.

Woot took care of me real good! Thanks for the super quick resolution guys!