WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Alas! It's Glass!

When I was younger, I dated a lass made out of glass. I'd try taking her for walks, or making her dinner, but the whole her "being made out of glass" part was a real downer on our relationship. I recommend letting glass do what it does best: transporting liquids and foodstuffs into your mouth.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ROGETRAY wrote:It's a shame we aren't selling the pretzels with this sale. What are your guys' favorite bar food?

And when did tater tots become bar food? Not that I am complaining because I do love some tots.

I'm just hanging out, really.

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester

Darn! I'm in need of some red wine glasses. boo hoo

xicataz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xicataz

these 3.5 oz tumblers indicate the dimensions are 2-5/8 H x 2-1/2 D. I was thinking of replacing my kids' cups with these - but they seem kinda small...

luisifer777

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luisifer777

So... what is the size of the ODW02/02 Double Wall Double Old Fashioned?
Or how much can it hold in oz.

tyriss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tyriss
luisifer777 wrote:So... what is the size of the ODW02/02 Double Wall Double Old Fashioned?
Or how much can it hold in oz.

According to the amazon description, they are 10 oz glasses.

luisifer777

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luisifer777
tyriss wrote:According to the amazon description, they are 10 oz glasses.

Thanks!

CatCK

quality posts: 51 Private Messages CatCK

You don't have them here, but I just love glass mugs for my coffee or tea. Not really sure why.

mebekili

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mebekili

I was hoping for those too.

CatCK wrote:You don't have them here, but I just love glass mugs for my coffee or tea. Not really sure why.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
CatCK wrote:You don't have them here, but I just love glass mugs for my coffee or tea. Not really sure why.

I'm particular about how i like my coffee, too. My family thinks i'm crazy, but i try explaining: it's the visual first, then the feel of the glass or porcelain on my lip (including the thickness), then the warmth of the mug on my hands from holding it . . . It's really quite a wonderful experience . . .

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the double walled glasses are really sexy???

So tempting . . . and i also need plates to go with my full set of duralex glasses already woot!ed . . .

slavnar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages slavnar

I bought the same 1 liter beer mug at walmart for about 5 bucks.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I remember ordering one of these many, many years ago.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

CatCK

quality posts: 51 Private Messages CatCK
ThunderThighs wrote:I remember ordering one of these many, many years ago.

I still have a set of these! Love them!

ClayJarCom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ClayJarCom
slavnar wrote:I bought the same 1 liter beer mug at walmart for about 5 bucks.

It looks just like the "Gusto Mug, set of two" on World Market's web site for $9.98 a pair, and they look identical to the ten Anchor Hocking Gusto mugs I have at home (all bought in person at World Market for $5 a pop... I just can't help picking up another now and again).

The listing at Anchor Hocking's site (part of Oneida) shows "Anchor Hocking Beer Wagon 32oz. Gusto Mug" as a set of four for $15.99 (alleged list price "$32.00"), but I can't be sure that's the same one due to what may just bad photography. (It looks slightly shorter and bowed out at the top, but that could be the case if they shot it from too close with too wide angle a lens angled slightly down.)

They're great mugs, and if you don't have access to them nearby, woot's price and all-you-can-ship shipping may be worth it (since shipping heavy glass mugs can be non-cheap), but I have no idea where the $25 original price came from.

xochiluvr

quality posts: 14 Private Messages xochiluvr

Got the Double Walls last time they were up. All I got was shards. I'm okay with that since I'd unlocked the free shipping on something else, but there's no way on earth I'd pay 15 for something so poorly packed and fragile.

I am a little disappointed that I wasn't just sent a replacement set, since obviously woot has no problem getting these stocked. Not willing to pay shipping on the replacements I guess.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
xochiluvr wrote:Got the Double Walls last time they were up. All I got was shards. I'm okay with that since I'd unlocked the free shipping on something else, but there's no way on earth I'd pay 15 for something so poorly packed and fragile.

I am a little disappointed that I wasn't just sent a replacement set, since obviously woot has no problem getting these stocked. Not willing to pay shipping on the replacements I guess.

Yikes! I am hoping you got some sort of resolution through support@woot.com at least!

I'm just hanging out, really.

xochiluvr

quality posts: 14 Private Messages xochiluvr

I got a refund. Just saying I'd rather have the glasses.

evarbray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evarbray

The bowls and plates are cheaper or about the same price at website http://www.duralexusa.com

jedinc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jedinc

I would like to get a set of those bowls. Would "WOOT" notify me when these are in stock again?

Glass containers are fascinating, they can almost be hypnotic when some liquids are looked through at different lights. I love my morning coffee in a glass mug.

deskwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deskwoot
xochiluvr wrote:I got a refund. Just saying I'd rather have the glasses.

Me, too. Sad about that, Woot.

mmohr0357

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmohr0357

I got 1/2 shards. Emailed support about it. I'd rather have the glasses than a refund but we'll see. I also ordered the martini glasses which had one broken. Got a refund for that.

It sucks because i'd like to have a complete set of something! I don't think i'm going to be ordering anymore glassware from Woot.

whisquila

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whisquila

I managed to get mine without a problem.

But after a bit of use, one of the glasses broke when I put ice in it from my fridge's ice dispenser.

A shame since I basically didn't need to keep track of coasters any more.