chey2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chey2

I bought two the last time they were up. They are poorly constructed and lumpy. They may work well for people with a long neck, but I'm 5' and it was impossible to sleep with this design - even the short "tail" was too long. I finally cut them both off, ending with a small oval pillow with the ear hole in the center. (By the way, I don't know what the stuffing is, but it is not any kind of memory foam, as alluded to by one commenter last time. It's just little pieces of...crap.)

rsherry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rsherry

These are the hardest pillows I have ever purchased. I have a neck condition and these made it worse. THEY ARE HARD AS ROCK. I am tempted to see what is inside of the covering - probably rocks.

BEWARE unless you like hard pillows.
They are so compact, they are hard.

rsherry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rsherry

I AGREE! THESE ARE SO UNCOMFORTABLE, I GAVE THEM TO THE SALVATION ARMY.

chey2 wrote:I bought two the last time they were up. They are poorly constructed and lumpy. They may work well for people with a long neck, but I'm 5' and it was impossible to sleep with this design - even the short "tail" was too long. I finally cut them both off, ending with a small oval pillow with the ear hole in the center. (By the way, I don't know what the stuffing is, but it is not any kind of memory foam, as alluded to by one commenter last time. It's just little pieces of...crap.)

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid

I really like mine and usually use them a couple nights a week... more feels uncomfortable for some reason.

Those who mentioned tossing and turning, I do that a lot but figured out the first night I used these that I could flip them over. The one problem I had was that the button came out of the earwell, but it doesn't affect the operation of the pillow at all. There were and have been no quality control issues beyond that.

andr0m3da

quality posts: 1 Private Messages andr0m3da

my husband and i got these last time they were up. so far, we like them!

pros: they keep you from moving around a lot during the night; they help me keep my neck straight; my ears don't get all red and sore; the case comes off easily; the long arm of the pillow can fold into the opening to save space in storage; you don't necessarily have to flip the pillow if you flip yourself; they are fairly soft, but i think it's largely due to understuffing; you can comfortable lay on your back with this pillow as well; you can arrange two of them in a heart shape and it looks cute.

cons: as many have stated, they are a bit lumpy; the cases are super-thin, low t.c. material (but that doesn't bother me as much as it may bother others;) somehow, my husband ALWAYS manages to get his button to pop out, and it drives me nuts because i can't figure out why - i've switched him pillows and everything. i think (know) he's just weird; sometimes it is difficult to find a correct height to prop this pillow up. sometimes i put it on top of another normal pillow, sometimes i put my arm under it, and other times i just use it alone.

bottom line: if you've got an extra ten bucks and experience neck/back/hip/knee pain when sleeping, or just hate never being comfortable when you sleep on your side, give them a try. they do take a little getting used to, but i can't sleep without mine now (don't tell my husband, but it's sort of like being cuddled from both sides, now. no longer do i have to be the little spoon! i am the middle spoon, hear me snore!)

tonispinone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tonispinone

Put me in the LOVE IT category. I have always been a back sleeper but over the years my back starts to ache if I sleep like that. When I side sleep I roll around all night and usually wake with a stiff neck. These pillows absolutely do the trick. I sleep all night with no problems. I use both so I can roll over and not have to adjust the pillow.

I have a buckwheat pillow, a memory foam pillow and a cervical support pillow. The side sleep beats them all hands down. And ALL pillows should have the ear hole. Not having a smashed ear totally rocks.

The big negative for me is they heat up really fast. I like a really cold pillow (which is why I have all the others, so I can switch around when they get too warm) but the comfort of the side sleep makes it worth putting up with a warm pillow.

mqstout

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mqstout

I picked up during the Woot off (when they were two for this price). TOTALLY not worth it.

kabalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kabalo

I bought the side sleeper when it was first offered. I find it helpful, BUT the first offering did not include a pillowcase. Why not offer pillowcases for this pillow?

magyargirl

quality posts: 14 Private Messages magyargirl

They are different - in many ways (not as big and wrap-aroundish), but how does it compare to the Snoogle?

galalefey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages galalefey

I'm confused by all the comments that say they received a hard one. Can I trade you? Because mine is so flimsy and soft that it doesn't hold my head up - it seems to end just before it would actually support my head and makes my neck feel even more strained in the morning than a regular pillow. Maybe my shoulders are too broad? That seems unlikely, since I'm a woman, but I have broad shoulders and hips, so I haven't found this pillow useful for its intended purpose.

HOWEVER. As I mentioned above, I have broadish shoulders and hips (an hourglassish shape, veering toward pear). I have found this pillow perfect for the space between my waist and the bed when I sleep on my side, keeping my spine more or less straight and supported rather than curving at my waist. When I flip over or occasionally lie on my back, it stays in the same place and supports my lower back. Feels snuggly like an arm wrapped around my waist, which is nice when I'm sleeping alone.

Verdict: I don't recommend it for its intended purpose, at least not the one I received that is too flat and too soft to really support my head (since it seems ymmv with each individual pillow), but it supports my waist nicely. Not sure if I would buy again.

bjeanharrison

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjeanharrison

I can't for the life of me understand why these pillows have such a bad rap... My BF and i sleep on these every night and we both LOVE them... we do sleep with them on top of another pillow and they are perfect. The only thing is that whenever you flip your sleeping position from one side to another you have to flip the pillow. Other than this this pillow is A+

puzzzled1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages puzzzled1

I love these pillows! Bought one for everyone in the house and 2 for company. The secret is to slip a shock collar (not included) inside the case
along the neck area, no more snooze alarms in the AM!

ferralll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferralll

They are not the greatest things in the world... but they work for what they are.

One thing that you have to remember is that these are mainly supposed to be used to train your self to sleep on your side. So people who sleep on their back, and want to sleep on their side should use these.

That said. They work pretty well. My wife is doing much better at sleeping on her side (6 months pregnant). I have used them... They are a bit low for my tastes (I feel like my head is a bit down instead of flat, but then again, I am a back sleeper) If you are told by a doctor or something that you should sleep on your side, these are a good cheap first thing to try. Other side sleeping pillows (Snoogles and things like that) will run you $50+.

AEGO2121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AEGO2121

Provides support for side-sleepers, especially if you have a bad back. Not the most comfortable material, but I'm a happy customer and found it to be a good buy.

evb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages evb

I just ordered a set for my mum 'cuz I so love the ones I bought myself during the last woot off. No more waking up with a sore/stiff neck. I somehow mucked up 2 of the discs in my lower spine last week and this pillow is all I can somewhat comfortably sleep on.

I like KillianMick's suggustion to use as a knee pillow - will try it tonight with my spare. And ThunderThighs speaks oh so true as to the couch worthiness of these pillows.

I put my pillow in a king size pillow case (over the zippered cover) and it works fine.

parmfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parmfamily

Bought this last time it was offered with hopes it would end my recent snoring issues. It does not work for me for that, but I have found it to be very comfortable and am sleeping on it every night since. If you do not like a firm pillow however it is probably not for you. But overall I am happy I bought these and would again.

lorie52

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lorie52

My history...I hate pillows. I usually sleep with a baby pillow for head and neck support, but I cannot abide standard pillows...they are just too high. So when I tried these from the last Woot, I was pleasantly surprised. All the features of the pillow worked very well for me...my shoulder fit in the notch, my head was comfortable, and when I followed the instructions on where to put my ear and face, I slept very well. No neck pain! However, I agree with most comments about quality. The "pillowcase" is a bit scratchy and definitely needs a thorough washing to remove the chemical smell, and the pillow is a bit lumpy. BUT, I ordered a couple more and will enjoy them until their probable short life expectancy has been reached.

shuiheart

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shuiheart

I also got these last time around. I find them OK. My purpose was to keep me sleeping on my side, and to prevent me from rolling to my back, where I apparently snore.

The first few nights, I found them just fine for keeping me on my side, but as I continued to use them, they got flat enough that I can easily roll onto my back.

I don't find them lumpy or uncomfortable, and the few times I have tried going back to my memory foam pillow, I just haven't been as comfortable as with the side sleeper pillow.

If I could just modify them (I plan to try adding more filling) to prevent me from rolling to my back, I would love these.

smmell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smmell

I got these at the last woot-off and it works better than the expensive pillow I bought to use with my cpap. I don't always lay on it exactly the way it says but it works very well with a cpap. I usually sleep lower on it and more to the side of one arm so my mask is not blocked. I am not a total side sleeper, I sleep a little more on my stomach so I have to adjust. It is a little tall/big for me (I'm 5'2") but works fine and I'm hoping it will mash down some, or I will maybe take some of the stuffing out. It's a good deal if you are thinking of getting a fancy cpap pillow. It's much cheaper and works as well if not better.

Also, I just put a pair of leggings over the pillow to use as a pillow case and it works great. It fits just right and can be easily washed. It does look a little funny though...

catgrrl

quality posts: 8 Private Messages catgrrl
lucyfoss wrote:Bought these during the last Woot-off. The pillow didn't work for me (mostly because I have a CPAP hose that gets in the way), but the workmanship was shoddy anyway. The first pillow came with 2 seams unsewn. I haven't opened the second one yet.

Yeah, these worked okay for me too, until I got a CPAP machine. The mask and hose just aren't workable with these pillows. The other issue is the danged ear hole. I've got a smaller-than-average head/neck I guess, and the stupid ear hole doesn't line up with my stupid ears.

Plus, the hole looks just like...an...um...well, an anus. There. I've said it.

puzzzled1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages puzzzled1
catgrrl wrote:Yeah, these worked okay for me too, until I got a CPAP machine. The mask and hose just aren't workable with these pillows. The other issue is the danged ear hole. I've got a smaller-than-average head/neck I guess, and the stupid ear hole doesn't line up with my stupid ears.

Plus, the hole looks just like...an...um...well, an anus. There. I've said it.

Yeah, I hear ya with the earhole thing.....I had to stop eating chocolate in bed.

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan

I got these last time around. The ear hole is nice, but I have a CPAP machine and the pillow is just plain too hard, so not only does it press the mask uncomfortably into my face, it also disarranges the mask if I move at all (I use a nasal pillow mask, which are a bit more touchy than the full-size masks). I kept waking up with a gale blowing into my face.

I'm back to my regular pillow with a buckwheat-filled round travel pillow on top to help with both ear pain & mask cushioning. These may find their way into the kitten fostering room as snuggly beds - which for the price is fine.

bokodasu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bokodasu

So it's just my family that's crazy? I can never find good pillows, but I love this one so much I'm buying another two, since I foolishly gave one of my first ones to my daughter before testing them out and hogging them both up for myself.

The earhole thing is genius. The entire pillow is supportive, yet comfy and snuggly. And it is great for face-sleeping as well as side-sleeping. (Which you should never do, but if you do, this is the pillow to do that with.)

Ok, it's not super-high-quality workmanship, but hey, $7.50 per pillow. My mom bought me one of those stupid memory foam ones for like $40, and by the time it stopped stinking, it disintegrated into mush.

marthajones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marthajones

I have to sleep on my left side and these work so well for ne! They are comfortable and keep me from tossing and turning!

LIZ 10:“I’m the bloody Queen, mate. Basically, I rule.”--Dr.Who

shortcake78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shortcake78

I bought this last time it was on woot, and it's not worth the $10. They are not adult size, but perfect for my 10 year old.

L00IE

quality posts: 3 Private Messages L00IE

Bought a set the last time offered on Woot. They don't work better than a standard shaped pillow. I like a very firm pillow; these were ok but nothing special. The zippered pillow cover [not what I consider a pillow case] is very thin and ripped within a week. I went back to my regular pillows within a month.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
pillick wrote:Why are you charging sales tax on the freight amount? It's only due on the product cost, the freight is a service, not taxable.

You are actually (in all likelihood) correct. When I've (successfully, I might add) challenged it being done by online/mailorder retailers (even "big" ones) in at least 8 states, they found out that they were mistaken and interpreting the tax law incorrectly. For the majority of states, it's actually illegal to charge and collect sales tax on shipping/handling fees. The ones who do it usually do it either out of ignorance/misunderstanding of the actual laws, or because they'd have to change their software setup---easy enough to do, but they usually "claim" it's complicated. So, they needlessly charge, collect, and PAY extra taxes to the states (except for the ones which collect it and pocket it---but I highly doubt that Woot would do THAT.) Paradoxically, it would be better for the companies themselves (less tax/legal paperwork) if they'd adjust their software and just do it right in the first place.

Don't know what state you are in, but you might want to check for yourself and challenge it if it's being done illegally.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee

But I came here to again say how much I love, love, love, LOVE these pillows!!!! Have several, and have given a few as gifts.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

johnnyquest2026

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnyquest2026

Waste of money. Actually made snoring much worse.

ru39iam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ru39iam

Great is the only word I can use!! Just GRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!