WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Under Pressure (Cookers)

In the interpretation of Queen's "Under Pressure," few have argued the song is actually about pressure cooking. Strange, considering lines like "screaming 'let me out'" could easily be coming from food inside a pressure cooker. Well, we believe in the celebration of pressure cookers, so here are a few.

sheriff92

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sheriff92

LOVE my pressure cooker. in the short two weeks i have had mine, i have made pulled pork, beer can chicken, pot roast, risotto, chili, etc etc. It really is a great addition to your cookware arsenal. if you dont have a pressure cooker yet, buy one.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

is the 8.5 quart pressure cooker from the vitaquick line?

I always did like yardsales.

borborygmous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages borborygmous

Note regarding Fissler pressure cookers. I bought 2, one of which was DOA (doesn't seal). Fissler USA support has been completely unresponsive. Fissler support from Germany responded 1) quickly, and 2) in better English than anyone I've reached at Fissler USA so far. Unfortunately I was told that I have to work with the US office.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
borborygmous wrote:Note regarding Fissler pressure cookers. I bought 2, one of which was DOA (doesn't seal). Fissler USA support has been completely unresponsive. Fissler support from Germany responded 1) quickly, and 2) in better English than anyone I've reached at Fissler USA so far. Unfortunately I was told that I have to work with the US office.

If you bought your Fissler from us, and they still give you the cold shoulder, let us know at support@woot.com so perhaps some pressure can be applied. ;)

I'm just hanging out, really.

chuck718

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chuck718
luke975 wrote:is the 8.5 quart pressure cooker from the vitaquick line?

Nope, their Blue Point line. I wooted one of 'em in November, and just love it. This thing is solid.

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
inkycatz wrote:Let us know at support@woot.com so perhaps some pressure can be applied. ;)

I like how you did that! :D

steve

endowd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endowd

I bought the 4 qt Fagor pressure cooker in the fall and have been using it weekly. It is the perfect way to make dinner for 4-6 people.

beachbumdeac

quality posts: 2 Private Messages beachbumdeac

FYI: Cook's Illustrated tested the 8 qt model of the Fagor and gave it a "Highly Recommended" (it performed just as well as a pressure cooker that cost more than twice as much).

beachbumdeac

quality posts: 2 Private Messages beachbumdeac
beachbumdeac wrote:FYI: Cook's Illustrated tested the 8 qt model of the Fagor and gave it a "Highly Recommended" (it performed just as well as a pressure cooker that cost more than twice as much).

Oh yeah, and the Fissler 8.5 Qt WAS the top rated Pressure Cooker. So that one is definitely a good deal.

America's Test Kitchen is doing a Pressure Cooker Week this week, so head here if you want some ideas!

http://www.americastestkitchenfeed.com/gadgets-and-gear/2013/02/i-love-my-pressure-cooker-because-its-safe/

ishynarang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ishynarang

Fagor 4Qt Pressure Cooker has some negative reviews on amazon regarding its handle breaking and poor customer service. Any thoghts on that?? Thanks

istra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages istra

I've had my 10.6 QT Fissler for a few weeks now and I can barely imagine life without it. The Fisslers are the Blue Point line not the vitaquick. They are apparently clearing the blue point stock to make room for the vitaquick models which have a few new features but don't necessarily "work better". I highly recommend a pressure cooker cookbook once you get one (like those by Lorna Sass). The 10.6 is huge--only get it if you plan to use for canning or very large crowds or large braises. I cannot recommend Fagor, but the Fissler is great. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS! You can watch Martha use the exact same fissler blue point to make chicken stock here: http://www.marthastewart.com/939759/martha-stewarts-cooking-school#950184

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert

Aldi grocery stores occasionally sell a 6.3 quart pressure cooker for about $40. For the past 3 years the sale has been mid-summer.

If you don't have pressure cooker and you love to cook, you owe it to yourself to get a pressure cooker.

Pressure cook brats for 1 hour - tons of flavor, buttery melt in your mouth texture

A 3 lbs of pot roast that's fall apart delicious in under 90 minutes

You can also use pressure cookers for other things. My fiance use the pressure cooker to sterilize wood chips and moss for her orchids.

dmax801

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dmax801

Rice in less than 10 minutes, seriously.

I've made a cheesecake in mine four times. Came out great.

These are not the dangerous pressure cookers that our parents had. I hope.

rockfish42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockfish42

I bought one back at the end of November and it was DOA, US support was useless but woot happily had another in stock...which was also DOA. If it works out of the box or you're ok with paying the 10-30 dollars for the needed parts this is a good deal.

jackatpole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackatpole

I also bought the Fissler Blue Point 6.4 qt pressure cooker in late October and have been using it weekly. I cook for 4-6 people, and now cant imagine being without one. It's solid, well made, and safe.