0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2567 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) on overstock on what looks like the same bed based on the pictures

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Sarah-Peyton-Convection-Cooled-14-inch-King-size-Memory-Foam-Mattress/4279755/product.html

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

excellent reviews on amazon also. just not much of a deal though here on woot.

http://www.amazon.com/Sarah-Peyton-Convection-King-size-Mattress/dp/B002RWK7Q6

I always did like yardsales.

hairball33

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hairball33

4lb density is pretty low, my fake tempur bed is 5.3lb and very firm, even after 7 yrs. low density memory foam will turn into a mushy hammock from my experience. Just my .02 and I have no experience with this model bed.

mjgoldman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mjgoldman

That's the narrowest looking king-sized bed I've ever seen.

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa

I'm surprised they didn't state in the pic "frame, baseboard, and box spring not included" for those that don't read the whole description...

L2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L2

direct quote from the specs tab:

Due to machine-cutting manufacturing processes, there may be slight variances in the dimensions of this product.

LMAO

also where do I air this out if its almost zero degrees out? cold house?

Perception Management.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
L2 wrote:direct quote from the specs tab:

Due to machine-cutting manufacturing processes, there may be slight variances in the dimensions of this product.

LMAO

also where do I air this out if its almost zero degrees out? cold house?

I noticed that too. first off, with a machine cutting the mattress, there should be little variation in size. not like some dudes standing there cutting it with scissors.

and yeah its winter and airing it out would be hard, but I wouldn't want it outside in the summer either bringing in who knows what that found a new home inside it.

guess I'll have to stick with a regular mattress.

I always did like yardsales.

pops200

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pops200
scotttampa wrote:I'm surprised they didn't state in the pic "frame, baseboard, and box spring not included" for those that don't read the whole description...

If they don't read the whole product description, chances are they aren't going to read this message string.

mbnva

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mbnva

This is another way of saying that they make foams in certain legs that want to cut it in order to make sure that there Blinkx fit the size of the mattresses and the last one that gets cut it's a short mattress. Poor bastard. I wonder if Woots are all the short mattresses?

luke975 wrote:I noticed that too. first off, with a machine cutting the mattress, there should be little variation in size. not like some dudes standing there cutting it with scissors.

and yeah its winter and airing it out would be hard, but I wouldn't want it outside in the summer either bringing in who knows what that found a new home inside it.

lichme

quality posts: 2292 Private Messages lichme

Can I jump on this mattress beside a glass of wine without worrying about spilling it all over?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 505 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pops200 wrote:If they don't read the whole product description, chances are they aren't going to read this message string.

What?

TCayer

quality posts: 9 Private Messages TCayer

I hate to be a troll, but a while back I was inspired by a deal here on woot for a similar mattress. I did some research and found a much better quality mattress online for less. I learned a lot about density and thickness of the various layers. I can't remember the name of the company I bought from, but at the time, they were on ebay. I dealt with them directly though, since I won't risk a lot of money on an ebay purchase. They even gave me a law-enforcement discount! Do a little looking online before you jump on this deal.

ThunderThighs

Staff

scotttampa wrote:I'm surprised they didn't state in the pic "frame, baseboard, and box spring not included" for those that don't read the whole description...

Fixed. Just for you.

Pow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pow

One thing that disappoints me about most foam mattresses is the lack of an "edge". On a normal spring mattress, "Sleep Number" beds or even waterbeds there is an outer frame of some sort with less (or in the case of a hard side waterbed, no) give than the inner area of the mattress. I find that without that being near the edge feels awkward as with foam block you feel the slope off the mattress. A year and a half ago we picked up a ComforPedic mattress (Sealy/Simmons/Beautyrest?) that has a foam border that is stiffer than the inner portion of the mattress. Been quite happy with it so far, but it wasn't cheap. If you find you don't like the edges of foam mattresses there are models out there which address the issue.

KCK7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KCK7

We just bought the one from Costco (still expanding stage, so haven't slept on it yet). It supposedly has the edge (3x3).
That one is, however, 10" while this is 14. Thoughts on the two, which are priced comparably? (Costco works out to be a bit more $ due to taxes but it is Costco. :-)

Pow wrote:One thing that disappoints me about most foam mattresses is the lack of an "edge". On a normal spring mattress, "Sleep Number" beds or even waterbeds there is an outer frame of some sort with less (or in the case of a hard side waterbed, no) give than the inner area of the mattress. I find that without that being near the edge feels awkward as with foam block you feel the slope off the mattress. A year and a half ago we picked up a ComforPedic mattress (Sealy/Simmons/Beautyrest?) that has a foam border that is stiffer than the inner portion of the mattress. Been quite happy with it so far, but it wasn't cheap. If you find you don't like the edges of foam mattresses there are models out there which address the issue.

ThorsHammer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ThorsHammer

"Due to machine-cutting manufacturing processes, there may be slight variances in the dimensions of this product"...Nothing like a little hanging over in case you need it.

mambo143

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mambo143
hairball33 wrote:4lb density is pretty low, my fake tempur bed is 5.3lb and very firm, even after 7 yrs. low density memory foam will turn into a mushy hammock from my experience. Just my .02 and I have no experience with this model bed.

Been looking for a foam mattress wwith this density...what/who manufactures yours?

dominion1450

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dominion1450

Sarah Peyton Convection Cooled 14-inch California King-size Memory Foam Mattress

$509.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Sarah-Peyton-Convection-California-King-size/dp/B002RWK7PM

Save yourself $85

tarkovitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tarkovitch
luke975 wrote:excellent reviews on amazon also. just not much of a deal though here on woot.

Don't worry, amazon.com just raised their price 100 dollar to make this a "deal". True story.

badsign

quality posts: 1 Private Messages badsign
dominion1450 wrote:Sarah Peyton Convection Cooled 14-inch California King-size Memory Foam Mattress

$509.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Sarah-Peyton-Convection-California-King-size/dp/B002RWK7PM

Save yourself $85

It is worth pointing out that the California King is not the same as the King.

California King Dimensions: 84 x 72 x 14 inches

King Dimensions: 80 x 76 x 14 inches

classycat3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages classycat3
tarkovitch wrote:Don't worry, amazon.com just raised their price 100 dollar to make this a "deal". True story.

Nope - Still $509.89

tarkovitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tarkovitch
classycat3 wrote:Nope - Still $509.89

dang. maybe it just went up to 630.99 for me only.

hkimb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hkimb
tarkovitch wrote:dang. maybe it just went up to 630.99 for me only.

$630 for me too.

rslong

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rslong

$630.99 here too.
your messages will auto destruct in 90 seconds

mamajama

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mamajama

Anybody know where I can find that bed frame and head board?

lakeladyar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lakeladyar

we have been sleeping on this mattress for 3 weeks both my husband and I love it. he likes a firm bed and I like a soft one and it still works for both of us.

sean808080

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sean808080

this is a meh deal. I'd rather pay the extra 50 bucks to get the amazon customer service (e.g. returns).

kimos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimos
luke975 wrote:I noticed that too. first off, with a machine cutting the mattress, there should be little variation in size. not like some dudes standing there cutting it with scissors.

I'm basically allergic to everything but I didn't have any problems with this mattress. We just rolled it out and left the windows open for a couple of hours. By the time we went to bed, everything was great.

lakeladyar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lakeladyar

the mattress is rembering were we sleep instead of what it should look like so it stays sunken in after you get up Is there any way to get it rplaced with out having to ship it out to you. I have know idea how to do that.
Lakeladyar

ThunderThighs

Staff

lakeladyar wrote:the mattress is rembering were we sleep instead of what it should look like so it stays sunken in after you get up Is there any way to get it rplaced with out having to ship it out to you. I have know idea how to do that.
Lakeladyar

Sorry about that. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.