4%
6%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

This looks like it would be divine. however, since I can't even get my shower to produce hot water for more than 5 minutes, I'm afraid of how short a time I'd have hot water with this. Too bad

lichme

quality posts: 3000 Private Messages lichme

Here it is in a Previous Sale. Looks like the price has dropped since then.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

baybei wrote:This looks like it would be divine. however, since I can't even get my shower to produce hot water for more than 5 minutes, I'm afraid of how short a time I'd have hot water with this. Too bad

Checked your hot water heater's fill tube? If that disintegrates, it'll cause that problem. Happened to me twice in different houses. Symptom is finding white chunks of stuff in your faucet screens.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3642 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out these comment for this when it was last offered during the most recent woot-off

http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5322133

rangerdoc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rangerdoc

It says max flow is 2.5gpm. Anyone know what the economical setting is?

beladog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages beladog
ThunderThighs wrote:Checked your hot water heater's fill tube? If that disintegrates, it'll cause that problem. Happened to me twice in different houses. Symptom is finding white chunks of stuff in your faucet screens.

Good one!

Also called a Dip tube.
Very often the culprit.

alarial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alarial

Looks fun... I have been thinking about replacing the shower fixtures. I wonder if I would notice a drop in pressure with the extra shower output.

ThunderThighs

Staff

beladog wrote:Good one!

Also called a Dip tube.
Very often the culprit.

Shower head and plumbing advice. Where else can you get this! I ask you!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

beladog

rangerdoc wrote:It says max flow is 2.5gpm. Anyone know what the economical setting is?

The most economical setting is to remove the flow restrictors at the personal shower head, main head and back flow preventer.

More pressure means less time washing soap from hair.

beladog

alarial wrote:Looks fun... I have been thinking about replacing the shower fixtures. I wonder if I would notice a drop in pressure with the extra shower output.

In fact you can choose to use one or both at the same time. You will notice a slight drop in pressure at the personal spray head when using both at the same time.
Always remove restrictors for best performance.

mwilkes83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwilkes83

So, this includes the bar along with the two shower heads?

vallejokid

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vallejokid
rangerdoc wrote:It says max flow is 2.5gpm. Anyone know what the economical setting is?

In 1992 the department of energy (DOE) mandated that no shower head can exceed 2.5 gpm. Most shower heads use that measurement as their standard setting to say it has good flow. Low flow heads use 1-1.5 gpm, but to me it feels like it takes longer to get rinsed and I have to turn the heat up much higher.

mellobeth66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mellobeth66
baybei wrote:This looks like it would be divine. however, since I can't even get my shower to produce hot water for more than 5 minutes, I'm afraid of how short a time I'd have hot water with this. Too bad

If you increase the temperature on the hot water heater it will increase

ThunderThighs

Staff

mwilkes83 wrote:So, this includes the bar along with the two shower heads?

Yes, indeedy. Everything you see in the picture. If you click on the Specs tab on the detail page, there's a link to the instruction manual. That might give you some extra info.

FORUM MODERATOR

mcw

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mcw

Well, I guess I might add to the "Does the TAXSUCKS code still work?" Us Californians need some love, too...

I'm about to order 3, but, just wondering...

thebabyfacedheel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thebabyfacedheel

If I purchase this and it does not fit in my shower for some reason, can I return it open box?

beladog

mellobeth66 wrote:If you increase the temperature on the hot water heater it will increase

No!
This is not accurate.
Turning up your heater will only make your burner stay on longer to increase the temperature. It WILL NOT increase the volume of water being heated.
Besides being dangerous, it will run longer and cost you more money. It will also decrease the life of your burner.

beladog

This is actually a great deal and a really nice product.
I am a plumbing contractor in California. About a month ago we had a run on these at our supplier.
I purchased ten at three times this price. I have installed eight of them and have had no complaints.
I recommend drilling and mounting with the supplied anchors but if this is not an option the tape they supply is very strong and will not fail. The bar is sturdy and the head feels substantial. The sprays offered by both head and personal shower are great and powerful if you remember to poke out the flow restrictors.
Make sure you clean surface very well if you plan on using e double sided mounting tape. Acetone works well.

Personal showers are wonderful and you will wonder how you ever lived without.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

The 2 January sales are listed above, one of those comments:

shibainu wrote:Just installed this unit from a previous woot-off. The silicon mounting method still requires a phillips head screwdriver, despite the instructions saying you can use your fingernails. You will probably need a wrench to remove the old unit. It comes with enough teflon tape to seal the fittings. Instructions say to tighten only finger tight to avoid to much pressure on the fittings. Most of the unit is plastic. To use both shower heads at the same time requires good water pressure to begin with.

Other previous sales:
Moofi $34.99, 8 comments, $5 more than tonight
http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/891025a0-f9c6-4c0a-aaf2-7c5cec18d7bd/dream-spa-30-setting-multi-shower-slide-bar-new#8
December: 20 comments
http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5283917

gowest0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gowest0

Does anyone have experience removing this unit once it's mounted with the silicone adhesive? If I move, I'm likely going to want to take it with me. Corollary, can I get more adhesive to remount?

missflomp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missflomp

I am in the market for a shower massage, and am trying to compare the Dream Spa offered today with the Total Spa offered a very short time ago, and whether I should purchase the Dream Spa today or wait for the Total Spa to reappear in a future Woot sale. Yes, the Dream Spa has a bar which allows flexibility of where to mount the hand-held unit, which the Total Spa does not. The Dream Spa also offers 7 functions, whereas the Total Spa has 5. That being said, one of the functions for the Total Spa is a "Stay-Warm Mist", which got rave reviews, especially from people who like me have sinus problems. This is not listed in the 7 for the Dream Spa, unless "Rain/Spray" or "Rain/Massage" is the same thing (does anyone know)? Also, I am trying to determine if there is any difference between the two models as to what (besides the flex hose) is metal, if anything. Thanks.

voidoe78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages voidoe78

If its the same quality as the other 24 setting shower head that is for sale on the site periodically, skip it. It has a really cheap feel, chromed plastic, not metal, and the water pressure of the sprays leave something to be desired.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
voidoe78 wrote:If its the same quality as the other 24 setting shower head that is for sale on the site periodically, skip it. It has a really cheap feel, chromed plastic, not metal, and the water pressure of the sprays leave something to be desired.

re: the water pressure.

the other version of this unit (with out the bar) that I have installed has great pressure output, even while using both heads.

if your water pressure is low to begin with, you'll have low output. Other way around if your water pressure is high.

that was fun while it lasted!

webyourstuff

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webyourstuff

Can you lift this thing off and use it as a hand-held?

The pics provided is pretty bad. Anyone got a url to better pics?

thanks

lcanady1982

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lcanady1982

I actually just installed this shower head in my home after buying it from the last Woot sale. This thing is awesome, I haven't tried the massage setting because the steam setting is the best. Just be sure to remove the two flow restrictors (the manual explains where they are) and you are good to go. Lot's of pressure. Great buy.

mightydarwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightydarwin
lcanady1982 wrote:I actually just installed this shower head in my home after buying it from the last Woot sale. This thing is awesome, I haven't tried the massage setting because the steam setting is the best. Just be sure to remove the two flow restrictors (the manual explains where they are) and you are good to go. Lot's of pressure. Great buy.

Thanks for the info lcandy. I have a question, can both nozzle heads be used at the same time?

mightydarwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightydarwin
mightydarwin wrote:Thanks for the info lcandy. I have a question, can both nozzle heads be used at the same time?

Way to not read all the posts, me. Ugh. Hahaha. Yes, both can be used at the same time.

bonesandjones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonesandjones
gowest0 wrote:Does anyone have experience removing this unit once it's mounted with the silicone adhesive? If I move, I'm likely going to want to take it with me. Corollary, can I get more adhesive to remount?

I wouldn't bother with the silicon crap. I bought this last time around and after less than a month, the silicon failed. I did everything "right" (the way they told me to). It just doesn't stick well for long. But it was great while it lasted! (a whole whopping month)

kcbiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcbiii

A million times better than the POS from Target that it replaced. High quality materials - sleek design - installs in less than five minutes.

Tyrone7000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tyrone7000

I ordered 2 of them, unfortunately 1 box did not contain the hardware package to install the bar. Ill have to call them tomorrow when they open.