WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Valley Forge Military and American Flags

My biggest dream is to stand in front of a packed stadium and sing the national anthem. Not the U.S. national anthem, though. That would be too predictable. You're just gonna have to wait and see which one. But believe me, it'll be totally worth it to see the looks on those players' faces.
Valley Forge Flag Company official site

Quality Posts

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon

I wish there was an option to get the pole as well.

I once ate a cricket.

jakehoey

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jakehoey

Y'all should offer state flags, I'd buy a couple.

zeroxdeathangel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zeroxdeathangel

Are these flags single sided or double sided?

jstrode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jstrode
zeroxdeathangel wrote:Are these flags single sided or double sided?

It depends on if they are inside out or not

John strode

jturnage

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jturnage

According to the US Code specifications, for government use a U.S. flag's proportions shall be 1.9 (length to width). So, 2.37x4.5, 3x5.7, 5x9.5 for examples. Interesting how hard it is to find any in those sizes.

starmanbackwards

quality posts: 6 Private Messages starmanbackwards

Polyester ($30)

or

Nylon? ($15) ????

whats the Diff as far as quality?

col443

quality posts: 2 Private Messages col443
starmanbackwards wrote:Polyester ($30)

or

Nylon? ($15) ????

whats the Diff as far as quality?

Got this off their website FAQ:

Q: Why are flags made out of different materials?
A: Many people use flags for a variety of different purposes. Some flags are used for outdoor display, others for memorial purposes, and still others for indoor display. Depending on its use a flag can be made out of nylon, cotton, polycotton, polyester, or two-ply spun polyester. Common uses for these flags might be:

Nylon – Perma-Nyl™ is the most durable and serviceable option. Nylon retains color well, flies nicely in a light breeze, dries well, and is easily cleaned.

Cotton – Best™ is a traditional, and to many the most beautiful, material. This fabric has a natural feel. However, like anything made of cotton, it is less durable and should be used for decorative or ceremonial purposes.

Polycotton blend or polyester – these materials are economical yet attractive. They are excellent for temporary use or where cost is an issue.

Two-ply spun polyester - Koralex II™ is a premium material that holds up well in windy or harsh conditions. Because it is spun, it has the feel of cotton, but its synthetic nature gives it the durability of nylon.

Remember to always treat a flag with common sense and respect. Never fold it when wet, regardless of material, and replace it whenever it reaches a condition not befitting the symbol of the country. A good rule is that if you wouldn’t wear it don’t fly it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

zeroxdeathangel wrote:Are these flags single sided or double sided?

We have confirmed with the vendor that they are printed on both sides.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

"Printed", not woven?

I know a lot of people think that waving the flag is a show of patriotism or something, but the flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing.

Please, if you choose to take on the responsibility of flying the flag of the United States of America, do it responsibly and respectfully!

Read this RED STAPLER!
http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html

Anything other than flying the flag free and aloft and well lit, is wrong. Leaving a flag up in the dark is wrong. Leaving a non-weatherproof flag out in the rain is wrong. Flying a worn out flag is wrong. Flying a flag at half-staff is wrong (with very few exceptions--read above).

And, for the love of country, remove all "flag" stickers from cars, and do not ever wear a representation of the flag. Old Navy, JUST a moment you!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

cozmosis77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cozmosis77
col443 wrote:Nylon – Perma-Nyl™ is the most durable and serviceable option. Nylon retains color well, flies nicely in a light breeze, dries well, and is easily cleaned.

Polycotton blend or polyester – these materials are economical yet attractive. They are excellent for temporary use or where cost is an issue.

I, too, have been told that nylon is better than poly... But I'm puzzled because the price on this Woot doesn't reflect that.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
ThunderThighs wrote:We have confirmed with the vendor that they are printed on both sides.

The vendor's rep should do a better job of describing the vendor's product. Some of the flags are "printed on both sides" (like the military flags) but most of the US flags are not actually "printed" but made with sewn stripes and embroidered stars. It looks like only the $15 3' x 5' nylon flag is a printed flag. Folks should also note that two of the US flags are made "sleeved" and the other two are grommetted -- so ya gotta think about how ya wanna display your flag and decide if the flag you pick will fly right.