WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How many scissors in your house?
  • 5.2% - Just one. How many more would one need? 71
  • 16.5% - Two. One for paper, one for food. 227
  • 13.9% - Three. Child scissors count, right? 191
  • 24.4% - One for each family member, in case we all need to cut at the same time. 336
  • 40% - I have an entire room full of scissors. 550
1375 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel

Many. Four in the kitchen alone. I keep a pair of scissors in my pocket at all times (swiss army knife), and I use them daily.

shadowschaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowschaos

paper, food, hair.

Come to think of it there may be a couple paper ones..somewhere

Yup.

lboban

quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban

While my kids were growing up I could NEVER find scissors when I needed them. Now that they are all grown and out of the house, I find that I own dozens of pairs.

It's the same way with teaspoons. And iPod cables. And combs. And...

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

And I run with them...

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

I'm a scissor junky.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

Got some in the kitchen that came with the knives, the wife has a few sor sewing, kids have some for school, a few misc. pairs in the garage, some running scissors in the junk drawer, plastic ones in the operation kit the kids got for a present... more scissors thanI know

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

filmgemdigger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages filmgemdigger

More than I can count, yet can I find one when I need to... Of course not.

brumagem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brumagem

I think 12 pairs, not including the derpy ones on pocketknives. Some kitchen shears, a couple craft scissors, some all-purpose, one for trimming hair, a safety pair, and one Applique pair.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

I don't actually have an entire room of scissors, but I do have a lot. There are certain things that have to considered when you mention scissors.

The scissors used for cutting paper certainly can't be used for cutting fabric. And then there are the wire cutting scissors in the Arduino projects kit. We have the craft bin that has at least one pair of "regular" scissors in addition to the safety scissors for the kiddies.

We also have a few different options in the pinking shears department. And those cool scissors that can cut a penny in half (not that I'd ever deface money or anything).

Wow, I have a lot of scissors. Not really something I'd think about until Woot! brings it up out of the blue.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

janet3425

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janet3425

Never realized how many I have, 3 regular, 2 kids safety, 1 giant shears, 1 kitchen and 4 small for personal use.