WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Things with a Plug

Presidents Day's coming up! So, in the meantime, let's take the time to celebrate the guy who so often is mistakenly called a president: Ben Franklin. And what better way to celebrate him than buying electrical stuff! Support electricity. Celebrate Ben Franklin. Buy a hair iron.



Quality Posts


platypussdown


quality posts: 0 Private Messages platypussdown

I got this for my wife for Christmas from woot. She has super thick dark hair and she is NOT a fan of this flat iron. Sucks for me, I struck out with this purchase. If you want a flat iron for some crazy thick hair look elsewhere.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

platypussdown wrote:I got this for my wife for Christmas from woot. She has super thick dark hair and she is NOT a fan of this flat iron. Sucks for me, I struck out with this purchase. If you want a flat iron for some crazy thick hair look elsewhere.



Which one?



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

realtimshady


quality posts: 0 Private Messages realtimshady

I was excited about the glass kettle before reading the Amazon reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Capresso-259-03-Kettle-Polished-Chrome/product-reviews/B000BY4ZHO

Can woot comment on whether these models have the silicon ring smell/taste problems?

jeeperwoot


quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

We got the 4 slice toaster to replace our 2 slice. after a few dozen uses, it toasts evenly, reheats nicely, and the bagel option works pretty well too.

kmylml


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kmylml

I got the GHD Pink Orchid flat iron and I love it! It heats up super fast (less than 10 second wait) and does a great job of straightening or curling my hair. The case it comes in is cute, but quite large so it won't pack well in a suitcase. I love that it came with clips and that cooling cap (allows the flat iron to cool down without having it open and taking up a bunch of counter space). Highly recommend it!

gertiestn


quality posts: 56 Private Messages gertiestn

Woot! uses Ben Franklin to sell a lit mirror. I can feel BF turning over in his unlit nonpresidential grave.

But a penny saved, etc.

nastyducky


quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky
realtimshady wrote:I was excited about the glass kettle before reading the Amazon reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Capresso-259-03-Kettle-Polished-Chrome/product-reviews/B000BY4ZHO

Can woot comment on whether these models have the silicon ring smell/taste problems?



I got one a couple of weeks ago - love it! There's absolutely no smell at all. I think that's an old problem that they've since fixed.

It heats quickly to a very hot temp - my french press coffee stays hot even with milk added. It's great for ramen and instant oats, anything else that needs hot water. I wouldn't part with mine, it's become a necessary part of my routine.

jonares1500


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonares1500

I picked up the Capresso EC100 on a recent Wootfest, and it's been... ok. It was a refurb, like this one, and I ran several 'pulls,' flushing thru the portafilter as recommended, and a fair amount of the last owner's coffee residue came out. (Grinds and sludge.) Also, for some time, there was a distinct smell and taste of rubber/plastic-ness. I think it's working fine, but that was disappointing.

birute


quality posts: 1 Private Messages birute
realtimshady wrote:I was excited about the glass kettle before reading the Amazon reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Capresso-259-03-Kettle-Polished-Chrome/product-reviews/B000BY4ZHO

Can woot comment on whether these models have the silicon ring smell/taste problems?



I bought one last time this was sold. I washed it before using like the rep said to do but it does have a slight smell that isn't getting better with use. Rep said the smell would go away soon but it has not. I use it to make tea and it does heat up very quickly. So far the tase of my tea doesn't seem to be affected.

nastyducky


quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky
jonares1500 wrote:I picked up the Capresso EC100 on a recent Wootfest, and it's been... ok. It was a refurb, like this one, and I ran several 'pulls,' flushing thru the portafilter as recommended, and a fair amount of the last owner's coffee residue came out. (Grinds and sludge.) Also, for some time, there was a distinct smell and taste of rubber/plastic-ness. I think it's working fine, but that was disappointing.



You're talking about a coffee maker - the one featured in this Woot is a water kettle - no coffee involved. Just wanted to make sure we're talking about two different things - at first I wondered if someone had used your kettle to make coffee. :-)

terriferrell


quality posts: 1 Private Messages terriferrell

Anyone buy the coffee maker? Does it use pods or regular ground coffee? Any experiences good or bad out there?

justafreak


quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak

Wait....mirrors don't have plugs....somethign screwy is going on around here.

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

cardinalsfan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cardinalsfan
nastyducky wrote:You're talking about a coffee maker - the one featured in this Woot is a water kettle - no coffee involved. Just wanted to make sure we're talking about two different things - at first I wondered if someone had used your kettle to make coffee. :-)



they are also selling a coffee maker, the exact one he's talking about - http://home.woot.com/offers/capresso-46oz-pump-espresso-5

santista


quality posts: 0 Private Messages santista
platypussdown wrote:I got this for my wife for Christmas from woot. She has super thick dark hair and she is NOT a fan of this flat iron. Sucks for me, I struck out with this purchase. If you want a flat iron for some crazy thick hair look elsewhere.



that's so weird, GHD is supposed to be one of the best ones out there. I did buy it, just not from here, I got a better rate a Sephora. I'll be testing it on my thick-frizzy mane-like hair, the only reason I chose this was that my chi broke down after 5yrs of faithful service, this was on sale.

platypussdown


quality posts: 0 Private Messages platypussdown
ThunderThighs wrote:Which one?


that T3 mane tamer one

nastyducky


quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky
nastyducky wrote:You're talking about a coffee maker - the one featured in this Woot is a water kettle - no coffee involved. Just wanted to make sure we're talking about two different things - at first I wondered if someone had used your kettle to make coffee. :-)



Wrong quote. Haha, need coffee before attempting to communicate.

nastyducky


quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky
cardinalsfan wrote:they are also selling a coffee maker, the exact one he's talking about - http://home.woot.com/offers/capresso-46oz-pump-espresso-5



Oops, so they are. Thanks.

galalefey


quality posts: 6 Private Messages galalefey

FLAT IRONS. Never curling irons. I have a longish pixie cut and I've been wanting a decent small curling iron to screw around with the style. Pleeeeaaaase, woot?

whiskeyandbacon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages whiskeyandbacon

Amazon reviews looked really bad on the kettle - bad odors from the seal.

kmylml


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kmylml
galalefey wrote:FLAT IRONS. Never curling irons. I have a longish pixie cut and I've been wanting a decent small curling iron to screw around with the style. Pleeeeaaaase, woot?



You can still curl your hair with a flat iron! It's actually pretty easy and the curl holds a lot longer since most flat irons get hotter than curling irons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIXqGjEO4Z8

lenzai


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lenzai

I have the tea kettle and it's great. Heats up very quickly, I use it to boil water for veg and pasta as well.

mrsjhaye


quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye

I got the Krups burr grinder on a recent woot! and am very pleased with it. Took minimal time to figure which grind works best for the way I like my coffee and looks great on the counter top. Definitely recommend for anyone needing a grinder for their coffee beans.

bronwynl


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bronwynl

Does anyone know if the Orchid flat iron really is dual voltage? it says "Dual voltage for travel" but then in the specs it says "110-120V, 50-60Hz". I'm wondering if that was a typo, and it should read "110-220V"?

kind of a big difference!!

boxmonkey


quality posts: 6 Private Messages boxmonkey

We have the Krupps burr grinder at work and I hate it. Very inconsistent grind, and lots of clumping. Way worse than the Breville I have at home.

That said, it has held up pretty well given that we go through almost 50lbs of coffee a week and we've had it for almost a year.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bronwynl wrote:Does anyone know if the Orchid flat iron really is dual voltage? it says "Dual voltage for travel" but then in the specs it says "110-120V, 50-60Hz". I'm wondering if that was a typo, and it should read "110-220V"?

kind of a big difference!!



We double checked our sample and updated our specs to:

Wattage: 110-240V ~ 50/60Hz ~ 150W


Thanks for catching that.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jonares1500


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonares1500

Deleted. Others beat me to it.

XDarkDestinyX


quality posts: 1 Private Messages XDarkDestinyX
platypussdown wrote:I got this for my wife for Christmas from woot. She has super thick dark hair and she is NOT a fan of this flat iron. Sucks for me, I struck out with this purchase. If you want a flat iron for some crazy thick hair look elsewhere.



Really? What's the issue she has with this?

I have the 2" GHD which I bought from woot and I love it. I have super thick long hair and it makes my hair very straight and smooth without any bumps or overheating issues.

My mother steals it for when she goes out and she's in love with it. She has just above shoulder length hair.