quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: The movies of me growing up are saved on:
  • 1.4% - SD cards or USB sticks. 17
  • 0.2% - Blu-ray. 2
  • 5% - DVDs. 59
  • 55.5% - Videotape. 656
  • 25% - Super 8. 295
  • 12.9% - a well kept studio negative, because I was a child actor! You probably know my work. 152
1181 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 55 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

Memories... light the corners of my mind...

We didn't have a video camera when I was a kid. No one that I knew did -- probably until high school. Our family pics went on slides. And they were all ruined.

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

Nonexistent... We had a camcorder, but never really used it. I remember one video where we went to the Field Museum, and Dad bumped the glass on an exhibit trying to get a close picture. And yeah, that's about it.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

None; we couldn't afford one at the time. Not a lot of photos, either; my parents rarely took then, and I was very camera-shy.

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

snowman325i

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowman325i

I was born in 1972. I see that based on the pole many of us are generation x'ers. My parents still have a vhs tape that was actually a super 8 originally. They later had it put on said vhs. I was probably 5 or 6 when they filmed it. Crazy thing was when I saw it for the first time I thought my dad was me all grown up. Spitting image of him back then. I guess he's not a bad looking guy. LOL

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

I'm the youngest of 9 and born in the 60's, I'm lucky if I have more than 5 pictures other than a school picture of me for every year.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Pictures in a box for years. There were no such things as camcorders when I grew up.

beaglebrains

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beaglebrains

Kodak carousels and straight slide holders. Family slide show nights are a favorite memory of mine.

mcden

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcden

No movies. Slides. I bought a digital slide scanner from Woot in order to bring them to life once again. Will keep me busy on boring winter nights for years to come.

bgrismore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgrismore

Pictures - in a box. Actually many boxes.

Grismores123

nagemnna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nagemnna

dad converted everything to dvd a few years back. yay

Ouijan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ouijan

No movies--only pictures, and they are on the little 110 format, not 35 mm.

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

no moving pictures of me as a kid, plenty of photos on paper and slide format though

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

facemeetpavement

quality posts: 0 Private Messages facemeetpavement

we never had any kind of video camera.

megera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megera

i was born in 1959. we have some crappy Polaroids and a few black and whites. Or rather, had. burglar tossed them out in the yard and destroyed them for no reason we could understand.

bunchesmcguinty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunchesmcguinty

I doubt if there are any of me growin g up. Loads of pix but my parents weren't techno savy

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138

Mom has a bunch of photo albums and slides. Some we digitized for their 50th anniversary. I also got into 8mm film as a teenager. Something to play with.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

Where's other? My parents (thankfully) didn't make any home movies. We didn't own a camcorder. There are plenty of slides and photos though.

yourtor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yourtor

Memories should be stored in the mind until they are no longer useful

fizzle15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fizzle15

i'm poor, and have always been poor - there aren't any video's of my childhood - or even now... When will woot have an afordable video camera?

merd919

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merd919

Infancy and early childhood on some 8mm format; after about age 11 or 12 on VHS.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

There is no imagery of me before the age of six. Millions of photos of my sister, but none of me. My mother did have a super 8 movie camera, but she used it to film parades. Apparently she was a huge fan of parades. We had reels upon reels of silent color films of parades. There is something unpleasantly surreal about sitting in the dark, watching a marching band go by in total silence.
My sister inherited all of these, and what happened to them after her death, I do not know.

moose123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moose123

What movies?

hwalsh10284

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hwalsh10284
moose123 wrote:What movies?

WHAT HE SAID

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

I can't even count the reels of Super 8 film with my sisters and I growing up.

We have footage from many Disneyland trips in the 70s & 80s, lots of family reunions in the cabins by the lake, backyard dinner parties in Ventura, and much more. There's even some Three Stooges (8mm, not super 8) reel in the box with all our home movies. Not sure where that came from, but it's hilarious.

Anyway, yeah I still have all the home movie reels. I even have a working projector to show them on. A few years ago we had them all transferred to DVD cause the film itself is getting kinda fragile.

Every once in a while, I'll pull the projector out and play a couple. My 3 & 5 year old don't know what to think about the projector... it's fun.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Movie cameras were not a consumer item when I was growing up. There were 8mm cameras, but the price was out of the reach of my family. We have some old b&w Kodak box camera (120)photos, but even color film didn't get popular until I was in high school.

animalcracker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages animalcracker

Lots of slides....my dad was into slides even after they we no longer cool. Same with B&W photos. Pretty much the only infant photos I've seen are B&W or studio. No videos at all. We never had a camcorder or any kind. We also have more random scenery photos that we do of our family from before my mom realised how few photos my dad actually took with people in them!

nazoink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nazoink

For me mostly VHS and some have been put on HDD but I am surprised not to have options for online storage or HDD

thebruce8541

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebruce8541

none exist

orchmaven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orchmaven

Hey, I'm the youngest. I don't think there are any photos, movies, etc. of me!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

orchmaven wrote:Hey, I'm the youngest. I don't think there are any photos, movies, etc. of me!

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
orchmaven wrote:Hey, I'm the youngest. I don't think there are any photos, movies, etc. of me!

It sucks being born after your parents have lost all enthusiam for parenting.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

RWoodward wrote:It sucks being born after your parents have lost all enthusiam for parenting.

Yep, same here. I'm the last of 4. Very few pictures of me outside of the typical school picture.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders