Quality Posts

sugarpearls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sugarpearls

Aw, c'mon! Eleven minutes in and 'steel' is already gone? ;_;

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sugarpearls wrote:Aw, c'mon! Eleven minutes in and 'steel' is already gone? ;_;

Yeah, we had very limited quantities of that color. Looks like it was just remaining stock.

The other colors look nice too!

Gtaz19

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gtaz19

Anyone have these? Are they soft and thick?

Spazkatt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Spazkatt

Been waiting for these to come back since I bought my 1st set in November, only "Chocolate" was left by the time I got around to ordering. I finally was able to grab the "bamboo" color I originally wanted! These towels are AMAZING!

Spazkatt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Spazkatt
Gtaz19 wrote:Anyone have these? Are they soft and thick?

Yes to both of your questions.

robio

quality posts: 37 Private Messages robio

I always get excited when I see these on Woot, but there's never a bath sheet, so I go away sad. I like 'em big.

mamala53

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mamala53

You know, I bought a great set of towels from Woot a few months ago. I thought they were the same but mine say Aertex, not Homesource. Specs look the same but I'm not getting out a tape measure. Has the name been changed? They're nice and soft and thick.

I looked up my order for last July and the Order says Homesource but what I received was Aertex. Mods , are these the same towels?

Sikes

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Sikes

These towels look precisely like the ones I bought back in 2005. The pattern is identical. The tag on mine say, "Exclusively for Fortunoff" (which is where I bought them). Mine are also made in India.

If they are indeed the same, I own the Bamboo collection. I love these towels. Plush, absorbent and the bath towel is plenty big (I'm 5'10") to dry me off. No complaints at all, even 7 1/2 years later and they're still going strong.

InterStella

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InterStella
robio wrote:I always get excited when I see these on Woot, but there's never a bath sheet, so I go away sad. I like 'em big.

Likewise!

fishman396

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fishman396

I got these towels via Woot in December 2011. Despite the many (very) good reviews people have posted, I was unfortunately quite disappointed with them. They're better than the 'Grand Patrician' towels I've had for over a decade, but if you're looking for something a fair bit above average, I can't recommend these. They're not nearly as plush or soft as they appear in the pictures and, more importantly, they don't do a very good job drying.

Now I just keep these towels as back-ups, and I've returned to the Calvin Klein towels I've had for about 7 years which are superior to these in virtually every respect. (I think the ones I have are these.)

The difference in the 'pile' of the towels makes the difference (the pile is the small loops of fabric that form the 'hairy' towel surface). The pile in the HomeSource towels is spaced out much further and is shorter such that you can easily see the base of the towel in between the pile. My CK towels have a much denser and longer pile, which seems to give them better absorbancy and plushness.

Also, here's the thread from Nov 2012, and here's the thread from July 2012 when these were also being sold.

fishman396

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fishman396
mamala53 wrote:You know, I bought a great set of towels from Woot a few months ago. I thought they were the same but mine say Aertex, not Homesource. Specs look the same but I'm not getting out a tape measure. Has the name been changed? They're nice and soft and thick.

I looked up my order for last July and the Order says Homesource but what I received was Aertex. Mods , are these the same towels?

Just took a look at the ones I ordered in 2011. The front of the tag says Aertex but the back says Home Source Intl. I'm guessing "Aertex" is just a branding thing.

I also got out my tape measure...they measure 29"x52", though they're advertised as 30"x54". If I hold them stretched I could make them that big, but when I lay them down flat they're not quite.

bwagnerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bwagnerd

I looked these up on Amazon and two bath towels are $90. This is a great deal!

Ericy321

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Ericy321

Get your color quick! These always go fast. Love these towels

Bethy54

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Bethy54
InterStella wrote:Likewise!

Me, three!

terriferrell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages terriferrell

I bought 3 of these towel sets when they were on Woot a few months back. The set is very soft and quite thick! I bought 2 white & 1 gold color set to put up in my wedding gifts closet. I have had 1 of the white sets monogrammed (cost of $10.00) to give to a couple at a Bridal Shower & they turned out absolutely beautiful! They really are very soft, thick & have a high quality luxurious feel to them. Obviously, I've not washed them or used them yet but hopefully they wash up well. I'm actually considering buying 3 more sets to put in my own linen closet as my existing towels are starting to look a bit worn. :-)

nagrath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nagrath

Bought 2 sets last time; once I got them, I wished I had bought a set of the Sea Ice. In for 1 set of Sea Ice this time! Very nice quality towels, and a bargain!

honeybadger12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages honeybadger12

No

bought them last summer or whenever it was and they're mediocre at best.
- not as plush as I had anticipated, just slightly more so than the $12+ department store towels
- more absorbent than those $12 towels
- stitching has started coming apart / fraying in a few small places

Verdict? Overhyped

b4tehpwn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages b4tehpwn

I bought a set on the last sale and enjoy them, they have a decent thickness to them and have held up well. They're moderately soft, nothing incredibly luxurious, but they're great for what you pay. I'm in for another set this go.

mishy611

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mishy611
b4tehpwn wrote:I bought a set on the last sale and enjoy them, they have a decent thickness to them and have held up well. They're moderately soft, nothing incredibly luxurious, but they're great for what you pay. I'm in for another set this go.

Ditto! Just had to add that I'm back for another set because my husband and I fight over who gets to use these since one of the two inevitably ends up in the wash. And the bath towels are plenty big,IMHO.

wendlandj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wendlandj

I have a set of these towels at home (and man did I pay a lot more for them than this!) and I love them to death. So soft and absorbent! The only problem is they make my bathrobe that I used to love feel like sandpaper. Treat yourself - you won't be sorry.

Join paperbackswap and say media-junkie sent you!

http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php?r_by=wendlandj@yahoo.com

WhoCares742

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WhoCares742
b4tehpwn wrote:I bought a set on the last sale and enjoy them, they have a decent thickness to them and have held up well. They're moderately soft, nothing incredibly luxurious, but they're great for what you pay. I'm in for another set this go.

I got these in Nov 2012 and think this is a good description of them. They are not "spa quality" but are nice and more absorbent than I thought they would be. I think they are definitely higher quality than what you can find in a local store for anything close to the price. I have a set of thicker microcotton towels from BB&B that I got on clearance (+ a 20% discount) that are larger and thicker, but they were still more expensive than these and these compare well to those towels.

lichme

quality posts: 2292 Private Messages lichme

Really soft and comfy, however I am not allowed to have nice things such as this, as I would end up using them to clean up a spill or something.

missamberlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missamberlee

I ordered these a few months ago when they were last on woot. I have not had the same experience as some of the other posters here who say the towels are "high quality". They are soft, sure, but after the very first wash the pile had started to pull out leaving bald spots on the towel and a bunch of hanging threads. They already look like hell and they've barely been used. Would not recommend.

jlc40

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jlc40

I LOVE these towels, and they're a great deal compared to regular price. Highly, highly recommend that you snap 'em up now while they're on sale. No issues with deterioration after washing. Soft and lovely. Buy them.

That said, WHYYYYYYY do you never have red, Woot?

Wear red to work!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennagoudreau/2012/08/08/could-wearing-red-boost-your-earnings/
Wear red at the Olympics!
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20120731-wear-red-to-win-gold
Wear red to impress your date!
http://www.livescience.com/10004-wear-red-time.html

I want to feel like a powerful, sexy, gold-medal-winning high-earner in my towel, Woot! Get on it!

jlc40

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jlc40
robio wrote:I always get excited when I see these on Woot, but there's never a bath sheet, so I go away sad. I like 'em big.

I have these and the bath towels are actually pretty big. None of this barely-covering-your-hoohah nonsense.

chococherrychip

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chococherrychip

I bought a few sets of these a couple months ago and they are great! They are soft and thick and the "bamboo" and "maize" colors are true to the picture. I washed them before using them and didn't have any problems with extra fuzz as some other people. Buy them! They are excellent quality!

evanjb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evanjb

There warehouse is located here in Atlanta and they have a warehouse sale every year. Pricing is the same as on Woot so these are a good deal. I love these towels personally and hope that Woot gets their bamboo sheets too!

craigthom

quality posts: 61 Private Messages craigthom
jlc40 wrote:I have these and the bath towels are actually pretty big. None of this barely-covering-your-hoohah nonsense.

What if one has a tallywacker instead of a hoohah?

jearly0000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jearly0000
craigthom wrote:What if one has a tallywacker instead of a hoohah?

I assume that depends on the length of said tallywacker

Who ate the last mini chimichanga?!

aelness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aelness

Can someone tell me the order of the colors as you scroll through the photos. I don't know which ones are cameo, maize, linen, bamboo. Yes I am colorblind.

ThunderThighs

Staff

mamala53 wrote:You know, I bought a great set of towels from Woot a few months ago. I thought they were the same but mine say Aertex, not Homesource. Specs look the same but I'm not getting out a tape measure. Has the name been changed? They're nice and soft and thick.

Exact same towels. Same manufacturer.

ThunderThighs

Staff

aelness wrote:Can someone tell me the order of the colors as you scroll through the photos. I don't know which ones are cameo, maize, linen, bamboo. Yes I am colorblind.

Each photo is captioned at the bottom with the color.

alliemda

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alliemda
aelness wrote:Can someone tell me the order of the colors as you scroll through the photos. I don't know which ones are cameo, maize, linen, bamboo. Yes I am colorblind.

Not sure what you want in terms of help. Each photo lists its color in the lower left corner.
Wait am I responding to a fake post?

aeroscout

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aeroscout

Bought these last time and they are great. Just note that you get two (2) of each towel, washcloth, etc., with each order. I got more than I bargained for last time due to my quick read of the description!

scrapaddict28

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scrapaddict28

I think some of the previous posters are confusing this towel set with other towel sets that Woot has sold previously.

These towels are THICK, SOFT, and PLUSH! I originally bought a set of these from a dept. store about 7 years ago. I fell in love with them! They are still holding up strong! I would have bought more, but they are so darn expensive in the Dept. store and I had been holding out for a good sale, to no avail.

I was thrilled to see Woot offer them and so I bought several more sets this last summer. They have also held up beautifully and they have maintained their softness, thickness, and plush touch.

I just orders some as gifts.

Do not hesitate to buy these- they are fabulous towels and at a great price!

DO BE AWARE that you CANNOT bleach these- the color will bleach out and bleach will eat through the cotton.

mom2hapakids

quality posts: 13 Private Messages mom2hapakids

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE these.

I now have an overabundance of hand and wash clothes from the Woot sales, but it's totally worth it for the bath towels.

Any chance of offering just bath towels in the future?

jearly0000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jearly0000

Since no one else answered and in case you wanted a description and I have time to waste....

1. Bamboo - Looks like a mossy green color, for lumberjacks and Canadiens I assume, vurry nice
2. Cameo - Handsome warm ivory color. I think this one is for fallen angels and newborn babies. Vurry nice
3. Maize - Corny, harvest color. My favorite, it will match well with the rust on my towel rack. Vurry nice
4. Sea Glass - Soft understated blue with just a whisper of green. Like a shard of a Rolling Rock bottle that was shattered, battered, and bleached by the sea and then picked up by your girlfriend who swears its Tourmaline. Vurry nice
5. White - The absence of color. Make sure you wash your netherregions well because if you don't, it's gonna show up on this towel. Better purchased by virgins and those "I-use-white-towels-because-it-makes-me-feel-like-I'm-in-a-hotel-while-on-vacation" type of people. Vurry nice.
6. Chocolate - darker than milk, but lighter than those bitter dark chocolate bars. Remember what I said about white towels? If you hastily scrub the dark side of your moons, reach for this towel, no one will know your true filth. Vurry nice.
7. Linen - Like Maize and White are married but Maize is cheating on White with Cameo because he's Latin and Maize gets pregnant and has Linen but tells White it's his and he can't really tell and so accepts it his own but never really treats Linen with the deep love and support it deserved - but at least he knows it's not Chocolate's baby! Vurry nice.
8. Steel - Sold out, you're not getting it anyway unless you're a thief or internet ninja but if you were you probably already have this color towels since they look smokey. I don't trust these towels. But still vurry nice.
9. Comparison picture - to show us how fluffy these towels are compared to those who have not these towels. We will from now on call them "normies" Don't be a normie

Who ate the last mini chimichanga?!

enville

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enville

I wasn't sold at first, but the more I use them they better they get. Had to wash and dry them (without fabric softener) about 5 times before they started to get really absorbent and soft, but now I love em!

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
jearly0000 wrote:Since no one else answered and in case you wanted a description and I have time to waste....

LOL. Great color descriptions!

And for those who were confused.... The color names don't display when you're on a mobile device -- or at least they don't on my iPhone, so I assume the original questioner has the same problem.

I'm adding a vote for bath sheets! I would really love a nice deep mediterranean blue/teal (Amazon had this gorgeous color until they discontinued their 800-gram towels), but I could also use chocolate, white, sage, or yellow (not all in the same bathroom).